Core support parts came in fast. Picked them up on Saturday.
Did a rough mock up to see how the new panels fit. Everything seems ok so far. There's a lot of bolts/studs that match up through multiple panels, and help to align things.
For the final mock up I'll use clamps and self taping screws to get everything exactly where it needs to be before welding them in.....but before that, I need the new hood, headlight, and corner light.
Even though the panels are just roughly bolted in place, I took some measurements. So far everything I measured is spot on, or VERY, VERY close.
I won't truly know if things are good until I clamp/screw them down for a final mock up, and take a million more measurements....but it's a good start.
Until I get my hood and lights, I'm going to finish some more stuff in the engine bay to prep for paint. I want to plug or fix some unused/broken bolt holes....and continue to clean up the wiring.
So I removed the ecu before I forgot about it. Don't wanna fry it.
While I was inside the car, I took out the old passenger air bag. Still gotta take out and replace the rest of the air bag stuff too.
Also, as you can see, the dash beam is a rusty mess. Really weird cause it was always perfect, bare metal, no rust.....then a couple months ago it started getting rusty. So I'll eventually pull the dash to de-rust & repaint it