Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

The Red Bomber and other orphans

65K views 251 replies 25 participants last post by  22bster 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been on this site for a very long time, many cars have come and gone. So i decided it should at least make a journal of my latest DD.

I don't have a ton of time to work on this, between my new garage being built and moving from one garage to another, working and picking up some house duties since my wife got a full time job.

But this is what she is: Brilliant Red 1995 Subaru Impreza L Sedan with a 2.2 and 4EAT. Manual windows and door lock also. 163K on here with timing belt and oil seals replaced at some point

Picked her up for cheap after I hit a deer with my 01 RS. Best part about it no quarter panel rot just a little rust starting. Very surprise for being a PA car all of its life.

First mods was some cheap struts and i picked up a set of 02-03 Maddad Road Hugger Springs from a buddy to give me a small drop.

I swapped a set of Legacy 15" 5 spokes with newish tires on them since the original owner was running bald tires in the back and new ones in the front.

Transferred my 19mm rear sway bar with kartboy endlinks on it also with a set of cheap ebay strut tower braces.

Also did a small tune up and flush a filled all fluids.

After i got all this sorted out and got a great alignment i decided to see what was up with the spray foam holding the headlight and marker in on the drivers side.

Since I removed the headlight the only spares I had were the 99-01 crystal clear headlights, so i installed them and a set of side markers. No grill for now until i can get to the junk yard.

Then the snow started here in the good old NE PA, so the set of studded Firestone Winter Force tires are on now.

Attachments

See less See more
#239 ·
I have 3 shells and 2 that run but could use some love... and 3 spare motors, 2 spare transmissions, 4 front subframe spares, 2 rears, 2 T braces for the diff, set of hubs (5x100), like 2-3 sets of trailing arm spares, 2-3 sets of front control arm sets, it goes on. and on and on... I literally am wrapping up a 8 x20 foot shed from his weekend just to store all these spares.

^^^
hoarder

#241 ·
Scrap cars:
97 Impreza
98 legacy outback
01 Subaru Forester
95 postal legacy

Driving cars
03 Baja
95 Impreza sedan 205 swap
95 Impreza coupe 20g swap
06 legacy 25i
99 legacy gt wagon (flip car just test driving)
13 xv getting traded in this week for Forester sport

I have about 8 long blocks (25d, 205, 251 22e) and about half dozen transmission (auto and manuals)

Plus totes on top of totes of organized parts

#251 ·
I've been on this site for a very long time, many cars have come and gone. So i decided it should at least make a journal of my latest DD.

I don't have a ton of time to work on this, between my new garage being built and moving from one garage to another, working and picking up some house duties since my wife got a full time job.

But this is what she is: Brilliant Red 1995 Subaru Impreza L Sedan with a 2.2 and 4EAT. Manual windows and door lock also. 163K on here with timing belt and oil seals replaced at some point

Picked her up for cheap after I hit a deer with my 01 RS. Best part about it no quarter panel rot just a little rust starting. Very surprise for being a PA car all of its life.

First mods was some cheap struts and i picked up a set of 02-03 Maddad Road Hugger Springs from a buddy to give me a small drop.

I swapped a set of Legacy 15" 5 spokes with newish tires on them since the original owner was running bald tires in the back and new ones in the front.

Transferred my 19mm rear sway bar with kartboy endlinks on it also with a set of cheap ebay strut tower braces.

Also did a small tune up and flush a filled all fluids.

After i got all this sorted out and got a great alignment i decided to see what was up with the spray foam holding the headlight and marker in on the drivers side.

Since I removed the headlight the only spares I had were the 99-01 crystal clear headlights, so i installed them and a set of side markers. No grill for now until i can get to the junk yard.

Then the snow started here in the good old NE PA, so the set of studded Firestone Winter Force tires are on now.

Nice