Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

The Red Bomber and other orphans

65K views 251 replies 25 participants last post by  22bster 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been on this site for a very long time, many cars have come and gone. So i decided it should at least make a journal of my latest DD.

I don't have a ton of time to work on this, between my new garage being built and moving from one garage to another, working and picking up some house duties since my wife got a full time job.

But this is what she is: Brilliant Red 1995 Subaru Impreza L Sedan with a 2.2 and 4EAT. Manual windows and door lock also. 163K on here with timing belt and oil seals replaced at some point

Picked her up for cheap after I hit a deer with my 01 RS. Best part about it no quarter panel rot just a little rust starting. Very surprise for being a PA car all of its life.

First mods was some cheap struts and i picked up a set of 02-03 Maddad Road Hugger Springs from a buddy to give me a small drop.

I swapped a set of Legacy 15" 5 spokes with newish tires on them since the original owner was running bald tires in the back and new ones in the front.

Transferred my 19mm rear sway bar with kartboy endlinks on it also with a set of cheap ebay strut tower braces.

Also did a small tune up and flush a filled all fluids.

After i got all this sorted out and got a great alignment i decided to see what was up with the spray foam holding the headlight and marker in on the drivers side.

Since I removed the headlight the only spares I had were the 99-01 crystal clear headlights, so i installed them and a set of side markers. No grill for now until i can get to the junk yard.

Then the snow started here in the good old NE PA, so the set of studded Firestone Winter Force tires are on now.

Attachments

See less See more
#61 ·
been a while, finally got around to doing a rear disk swap, but it also included a few new bushings in the rear to go along with it.

also decided to install a set of kyb gr2 with blue eibach springs and group n top hats and goodridge ss brake lines thrown in for good measure

hopefully i will get rid of the crappy ride the gdb springs were giving me, i keep rubbing from the horrid roads around here.

(is this how you get to the rear diff drain plug?)

#68 ·
did a set of head gaskets and reseal on a 251 out of a 2003 forester with 247k on the clock.

was leaking coolant into the one chamber and leaking oil like crazy via the bad gaskets.

you can still see clearly the cross hatching on the cylinder walls and the engine sounds like it only has 100k on it.

#69 ·
picked up a set of pink injectors for pretty cheap, now the decesion is do i go right to a bigger turbo or do i start with the td04

then i get a call from the wife... the battery light is on and i have no power steering.

okay maybe the belt just broke, but nope. couldn't be that easy of a fix at the auto part store.

just limped it home another 30 miles to home on the battery.

i never saw this happen in the 15 years of owning a subaru.

#77 ·
the baja had a broken fog light lens for a while now.

went to take out the two bolts that hold it in place and i find this:

yeah that is a self tapper holding it in place, either way i fixed it correctly.

just need to pick up a new bulb tomorrow after work.

#85 ·
got the bushing in the aluminum control arms, but they are going to wait to go in until i get my ball joint puller from snapon.

then while i have everything apart on the front i'll also install the 4 pot calipers

mounted the 225/55/16 on the goldies that i got from Sean 2 years ago and installed on the car. i need to install a small spacer on the rears because they rub just a tad.

but i do like the way they fill the wheel wells.

then i dunno why i waited so long to purchase jdm seats, OMG these things are so comfy.