Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

The Red Bomber and other orphans

65K views 251 replies 25 participants last post by  22bster 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been on this site for a very long time, many cars have come and gone. So i decided it should at least make a journal of my latest DD.

I don't have a ton of time to work on this, between my new garage being built and moving from one garage to another, working and picking up some house duties since my wife got a full time job.

But this is what she is: Brilliant Red 1995 Subaru Impreza L Sedan with a 2.2 and 4EAT. Manual windows and door lock also. 163K on here with timing belt and oil seals replaced at some point

Picked her up for cheap after I hit a deer with my 01 RS. Best part about it no quarter panel rot just a little rust starting. Very surprise for being a PA car all of its life.

First mods was some cheap struts and i picked up a set of 02-03 Maddad Road Hugger Springs from a buddy to give me a small drop.

I swapped a set of Legacy 15" 5 spokes with newish tires on them since the original owner was running bald tires in the back and new ones in the front.

Transferred my 19mm rear sway bar with kartboy endlinks on it also with a set of cheap ebay strut tower braces.

Also did a small tune up and flush a filled all fluids.

After i got all this sorted out and got a great alignment i decided to see what was up with the spray foam holding the headlight and marker in on the drivers side.

Since I removed the headlight the only spares I had were the 99-01 crystal clear headlights, so i installed them and a set of side markers. No grill for now until i can get to the junk yard.

Then the snow started here in the good old NE PA, so the set of studded Firestone Winter Force tires are on now.

Attachments

See less See more
#52 ·
picked up and installed a set of cheap chinese car speakers for my car, sounds a lot better than the factory speakers from 95 that were crackling and popping at half volume.

Also installed the non smokers package (gave me another pocket and a power outlet) and a weather band cd radio also in my car from a forester that i had laying around.

other than that i've been too busy to do anything between work, planting flowers/shrubs and mowing about 4 acres of grass every week.

my truck got its first work out by dragging this home, not to bad for $300. But i did have some issues on the way back, a transmission cooler line rusted thru and it blew fluid all in to the drivers side brakes.

so i got to replace some steel lines, do a flush and fill on the transmission and also do a front brake job.

#59 ·
little late of an update but i keep forgetting to do it.

i was going thru some of my spare and hoarded parts and decided on installing these items (flaps and cowl stay braces)

but when i went to install the cowl stay braces i found this:

no holes for the rear of the braces, so they got sold off.

the flaps went on without issues and now the sides of my car stay cleaner than they did with the tiny oem ones.

also snagged a MRT brake master cylinder brace for cheap off of nasioc

i was a tad spectacle about them, but it does make a huge difference even with the tiny l brakes