silverton's RS-T [now with smaller pictures, sorry!] - Page 5 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
silverton's RS-T [now with smaller pictures, sorry!]

Old 01-08-2018, 01:35 PM   #41
MSRTom
Premium Member

Fav Mod: External HG leak
Trader Rating: (1)

Vids when the snow melts plz
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2018, 12:04 PM   #42
silverton
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: turrrrrbbbbooooo
Trader Rating: (0)

My snow is gone, do I have to wait for yours to vacate?

When I was putting the accessory belts on, I must have missed the AC belt on the tensioner by one groove. Had started to back it out of the garage and we hear this tap tap tap noise. Pop the hood, nothing obvious since the motor is running. Drive it to my house and back, maybe a total of 6 blocks. Pop the hood for a systems check and we see the AC belt is hanging on by two strands! And where it had got bound up in the tensioner pushed it in to the timing cover. Eeeeekkk!!! I don't know how the timing belt survived, but thank goodness! So snip the remainder of the belt and start to unbolt the tensioner and the wheel falls of the assembly!

Everything else went just fine! No major leaks, though the lower radiator hose was seeping a smidge but I think another half turn on the clamp took care of it. Starts, idles, and runs beautifully!

I'm taking my time with this one and not trying to rush things. Last couple motors I'd spend a day or two trying to get a base tune. I think I'm going to make it a month before I really get in to the throttle. Even non-boosting turbo noises are more fun than seeing it sit in the driveway broken!
Old 01-09-2018, 01:58 PM   #43
silverton
2.0L Turbo

Old 01-10-2018, 06:19 AM   #44
MSRTom
Premium Member

Fav Mod: External HG leak
Trader Rating: (1)

Woo! Can't wait too see some full-throttle pulls. I'm going down a similar road, but using Project Lambda and seeing how long I can keep the EJ251 block together.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #45
silverton
2.0L Turbo

I've been tossing around the idea of Project Lambda in conjunction with my EMU.
Old 01-15-2018, 11:16 AM   #46
silverton
2.0L Turbo

I know I kept saying this, but it really doesn't just work

Emissions are due so I haven't been able to play with it like I've wanted. But so far that's been a good thing. I have to say it again, the injector scalar in the EMU just works as long as you know the information for your injectors.

Making zero adjustment to the vacuum fueling other than the scalar the fuel trims are all within 5%. Off throttle from a cruising speed, say slowing down for a stop light, I see the trim go -10 but it gradually works itself back up. I'm sure this has to do with a disruption in the turbine speed and the BOV letting off a small woooshhhh.

Last edited by silverton; 01-01-2019 at 09:48 AM..
silverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 10:55 AM   #47
silverton
2.0L Turbo

I actually think it was the Acceleration Enrichment map that was causing my trims to go a little wacko. Disabling that map has made the car smoother over all. One thing I have found out, my wastegate can not handle the flow of exhaust and might be causing my over boost and boost spike issues that have hosed the previous motors. Even with the wastegate locked open it will build 4-5 pounds of boost around 4500-5000. Suggestion was to go with an EWG but the majority of those I've seen vent to atmosphere and I don't like that.

I did take care of something that I've been wanting to clean up for awhile. All of these turbo things that need a vacuum source and I only have three nipples! For the longest time I had the BOV and Enricher on one of the cylinder 3 runners. And then the Boost gauge, emanage map sensor, and FPR just behind the throttle body.

I bought one of the air distribution blocks from ixiz concept. I really like it. It replaces the bolt for the ground wire to the IM on my set up. For the vacuum input I'm pretty sure I was supposed to get a straight and a 90*; but I got two 90's. After some deliberation I decided a 90 would work best for me anyway. The unit has 7 ports total, one for input and 6 for options. In the kit you receive five fittings and three plugs. ???? Three 90's and two straight. It'd be really nice to have enough fittings to fill the block if you needed to do so. Thankfully I only had five things that I needed to rework so it was okay for me, but made the kit seem incomplete, especially after getting two 90's for the input.

Old 01-30-2018, 08:08 AM   #48
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

never seen one of those. might need to look into that as well. i have too many things needing vac and not enough ports.
Old 02-05-2018, 11:41 AM   #49
silverton
2.0L Turbo

Read through a bit of TerryJr's Forester build. I was certain I had the 280cc injector lag correct with 0.4ms but 0.7ms seems to work so much better! I think the sweet spot is somewhere between, though closer to .7ms than .4. maybe .68 or 66, it does not accept odd values* but I haven't had a lot of time to mess with it.

*Except when you want 1.16ms in the new injector latency and every time you open the car settings (blue car icon) it backs it down .01ms. So there is a way to get odd injector latency's.. as long as it's 1.15 or lower you want!
Old 02-08-2018, 12:47 AM   #50
silverton
2.0L Turbo

My final answer for the air assist 280cc injectors is 0.62ms. I haven't felt my transmission shift this quick and crisply in years! Overall feel of the way it drives is just way way better.

It look me a bit of time to come to this conclusion, working my way back from 0.70 in .02ms increments and driving for about an hour on each setting. I like what I see in the air flow adjustment map as well, there isn't as big of variation across cells. I ran it at 0.60ms for the very first run to see how it was compared to 0.70 and something about it didn't feel right.

Properly mounted the greddy map sensor today, it had been ziptied to a bracket on the inner wheel well, and something made me think that maybe the vacuum line to it was too long. So now I've got it bolted to the top of the manifold; but I was only able to cut about an inch off the line, it wasn't as long as I thought.