silverton's RS-T [now with smaller pictures, sorry!] - Page 16 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
silverton's RS-T [now with smaller pictures, sorry!]

Old 06-10-2019, 12:58 PM   #151
silverton
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: turrrrrbbbbooooo
Trader Rating: (0)

Only two R160 3.9 pinion/crown sets left in the country. I went ahead and snagged one of them.
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 11:56 PM   #152
silverton
2.0L Turbo

Loads of money later, I have shipments inbound. Went ahead and bought a auto to manual dccd swap plug kit from iwire, holy shit, would buy from again. Every connector is individually bagged and labeled with what each connector goes to. Amazing guys, I love it!

I want to get the snazzy dccd controller that taps inline with the throttle signal for automatic control, but that'll have to be down the road as that's some coin I don't have right now. Depends on how annoying the rear bias is as to how quickly I grab one, we shall see!

I've gotten in pretty good with one of the master techs at work so he was helping me sort shit out with the transmission. Found it goes cleanly in to every gear every time, I was having some fun at work today slamming through the gears, haha. The seller and I were both going too far over so we were in the reverse leg... there's no up from there! Was able to cut the drive shaft off without touching the output shaft. Whoever owned this before musta been gitten some with extra grippy tires as it seems the driveshaft spun hard on the output shaft causing it to seize. Tomorrow I'll be going in to take the tail section off and figure out what needs to be replaced. Since it goes in to all gears, and I heard it's a REAL pain in the ass to rebuild the 04/05 STi trans, I'm just gonna run it.

Last but not least, I am going to accept that the injector timing for the stock injectors is 0.70ms. My trims are +2 at 35 and 60 cruise speeds, and fiddling with the injector size is dialing in the idle trim. It's never transitioned to boost as smoothly as it has been for the last two or three weeks. Maybe not pressurizing the block as helped... Boost is no longer a slap in the face and hang on, it's smooth and predictable. Also no longer smells like a small block chevy with a four barrel.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:43 PM   #153
bue car

Fav Mod: Which car?
Trader Rating: (173)

Pics?
Old 06-22-2019, 09:28 AM   #154
silverton
2.0L Turbo

You really want to see a dirty tranny?
Old 06-22-2019, 09:49 AM   #155
silverton
2.0L Turbo

Pedal box I ordered came with sensors. But when I got the box it sounded like he sent me a box of legos. All three sensors got exploded in transit. Seller said he was sending me replacements. Maybe just ONE more little foam packing thing would have saved them, I told the seller it was a shit packaging job.

Shots are kinda close as these are my "this is where all the shit goes" pictures.

Here you can see where we cut the drive shaft off and found the splines twisted. Carnage!

Had to straddle it somewhere to drain the oil... I thought this was good enough.
Old 06-22-2019, 03:09 PM   #156
bue car

Fav Mod: Which car?
Trader Rating: (173)

That dent on the top though. Ouch. Surprised the rear seal did not leak all over.
Old 06-22-2019, 11:46 PM   #157
silverton
2.0L Turbo

It was fine before we started cutting, collateral damage unfortunately
Old 06-24-2019, 07:49 PM   #158
silverton
2.0L Turbo

Running a harness overlay in an attempt to solve my persistent P0136 DTC, I let the smoke out of my headlight switch. Finding ECU pinouts on northusurlia confirmed that the pin the FSM told me was the power wire, was in fact the combiswitch. Very annoying.

I'm going to keep an eye out for something to swap this shit in to and dump the car I have now.

Edit: yeah, that isn't anywhere as easy as I thought it was going to be. Guess I fix the shit I have. wiring is a nightmare.

Last edited by silverton; 06-25-2019 at 09:54 AM..
silverton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:03 PM   #159
johnxx
2.2L

Car: '96 OBS
Fav Mod: EJ204!
Trader Rating: (1)

Yes, yes it is. At least the FSM for our car is better than some of the older Toyota TSRMs (think 80s). We actually have real ECU pinouts and ground distribution diagrams and stuff.
johnxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 01:34 PM   #160
SoCoNoHa
2.7L

Fav Mod: Anything custom
Trader Rating: (1)
Talking

^OR the old BMW schematics....

What do you mean by 'let the smoke out of your headlight'? I'll have to read back.

Edit: just had to re-read that post to figure out the meaning. Did you find the correct diagrams then?

Last edited by SoCoNoHa; 06-25-2019 at 01:36 PM..
SoCoNoHa is online now   Reply With Quote