These found their way in to my trunk... slight curb rash but it's fewer that I have to buy new! Also pressure washed the Tein stuff so it's shiny and green again. It was so cruddy nasty, no idea how long the rear dampers were letting their oil out but it was definitely all of it.
Got a new windshield installed Thursday. Installers and I were about 95% certain it still had its OE glass. 260k miles and a road map of the northwest cracked through it... clear glass is....clear. Oddly enough the car interior rattles less. Also he got my driver wiper one notch off so it cuts short on the wipe, i know that's easy to fix though!
I had wanted to replace my side skirt pieces with new ones. I had found part numbers here for my parts guy to look up. I was amazed at how cheap they were, but then it made sense when only the rubber protector strips showed up. But with those numbers he was able to find the actual side skirt pieces. For the four door only one piece on each side is currently available. the front of one, and the rear piece of the other side. So I had him order new attachment clips instead. The passenger front skirt on my car has been sagging since I got it. I'm likely to tackle that project today.
As I am trying to fix more things on this car the damage to the passenger side prior to my ownership is showing through more and more. The repaint was absolute garbage and it's started to lose its shine. flaking off in many places all around the car. the whole passenger side is rippled, not much but enough to catch it in the reflection of bright light.
Found a considerable oil leak coming off the back of the motor, presumably the AOS plate. Not sure how to approach that as I paid $600 for an oil leaker that I've put about 1500 miles on. Did the first oil change yesterday and took a sample to send to Blackstone. No weird noises out of the motor, I've gotten it in to boost a couple times. It's pretty strong! Still trying to find the magical latency numbers for the emange. There's three or four sets of fuel trims that need to be worked out. it cycles between them every 4-5 minutes. There's a few different settings that get me close to 0 at idle and cruise, but if you wait long enough it cycles to +10 at idle, and -10 at cruise. Fuel mileage is doing okay.
OH! I need a map sensor. A new one from Subaru at my cost is $200. Checking my codes yesterday with the SSM3 I have a "45 Pressure Sensor" code from the TCM. Clearing the codes and key on brings it back immediately. This makes me fairly certain that when I wired in the SplitSec clamp i dicked up. lmao, whoops.
I thought it was weird the TCM would be complaining about the map sensor but the ECM wasn't. Turns out there is a TSB for all 99-02 models and it requires TCM replacement. Applies to a persistent code 45 and harsh awd engagement, I've got both! Of course there are none of the tsb part number available. I don't have a warning light on the dash, only reason I knew was checking through ssm3.
Got my skirts off Sunday. Confirmed that majority of the clips were broken on the passenger side causing the sag. Good news is that all of the clips are still available through Subaru. The plastic bobs that the screws go in to on the bottom side were even in stock! Had to order the screws though, lol.
I know the eManage Ultimate is as close to a standalone as you can get, but damn is it annoying. I did find tuning advice on a Mitsubishi forum that I should post here for posterity, might help some people here down the road. I think I have the injector scaling super close, the car has been driving normal for a few days now with occasional partial throttle accel that nets me 1-2 psi, and she's a happy little freight train. Took a coworker for a ride who recently bought a new wrx. WOT pull through 1st and 2nd with no lift. he said "well, i'm awake now!" Boost settled right at 7psi.
I did find a bug in the software, I have no idea if it only affects mine but the emanage software has a trace option where it will show you where it is operating at in any of the maps you're looking at. Well... it wasn't tracing on the Ignition Map #1! I can't confirm if it was actually pulling timing or not, but switching to Ign Map #2 shows a proper trace. Could be why I was popping motors at 10+psi. Lets do 13psi with all the timing!
Got the skirts reinstalled! It's nice seeing the passenger side not sag. I used fender washers on all but the rear bottom screw bolt, there wasn't enough room for one. They're on there nice and tight!
Did a compression test on my motor today, they're fairly low but all close it was also very cold. low of 100 and a high of 115. noticed the plugs on the 1/3 side were wet and smelled of fuel. That confirmed in my mind that the coil pack was affected by the emanage running 4 channel ignition, so replaced that. Had the factory injectors cleaned by DrInjector, their datasheet reads weird. Injector flow rate was measured in ml, which I found is basically cc... BUT... I know they aren't 76 cc injectors. Installed those tonight. Holding vacuum AFR's better but I definitely need to find my air assist hoses.