I finally got the block. I should get better at this efficiency thing but oh well. I'll clean the heads and put in my engine assembly gasket order tomorrow. Sunday I plan to split the turbo to give it a thorough cleaning and put an O2 bung in the Perrin downpipe that will be going in this time. Progress!
Put the bung further down the pipe for better readings, not on top like most.
The downpipe I have been using, that's exactly where I put it. about six inches down stream from the turbo outlet. I did that at a recommendation of something I read on nasioc, and then after the fact did more reading... LOL. Oh well.
Have a handy picture guide for placement? I don't want to test fit the down pipe to determine sensor location; it's too dang cold!
For now I put it in the same place, I haven't had any problems with it yet, and I can move it later after the car is running. been doing what I can with what little time i've had. i have heads bolted to the rebuilt block. the blown motor came out tonight. tomorrow will involve some parts swapping to the new block and a little bit of engine bay clean up. Should have something to put back in the engine bay tomorrow night.
I've been with out a cell phone for about a week. Being off the grid is nice. I took yesterday off from the car as a personal health day. But, the car is at my brothers house and I had left him a "No compression" note. So he tinkered.
Longer story short, I'm a lucky sonuvadog. driver side cam had some how gotten three to four teeth counter clockwise off the mark. No idea how as I remember checking and double checking it. Runs like a champ, had to button up some coolant leaks from worn out rubber plugs.