Bast's MY99 RS - Prodrive P1 Replica - Page 8 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Bast's MY99 RS - Prodrive P1 Replica

Old 01-08-2014, 07:22 AM   #71
chaz2.5
2.7L

Fav Mod: D2S HID retrofit
Trader Rating: (15)

Sweet!

Any particular reason for the STi rack and not just a stock replacement? You'll have to modify your steering column link in order to connect the GD rack to the GC column. Either that, or swap out your steering column with one from a GD. L&E makes sells the GC to GD column for $115 just in case.
chaz2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2014, 09:40 AM   #72
Bast
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Prodrive all things
Trader Rating: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz2.5 View Post
Sweet!

Any particular reason for the STi rack and not just a stock replacement? You'll have to modify your steering column link in order to connect the GD rack to the GC column. Either that, or swap out your steering column with one from a GD. L&E makes sells the GC to GD column for $115 just in case.
I may as well upgrade if I'm taking it out anyway. The plan is to get the whole thing for an "easy" swap. Thanks for the info on L&E! We'll see though, not many hits on people that have a spare one to sell haha. I may have to look for a stock one.
Old 01-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #73
2 Door
I ❤ BOOBIES

Fav Mod: A career
Trader Rating: (18)

Also the GD STi steering rack doesn't bolt up to our N/A front crossmember! If it did then Id be enjoying some quick rack goodness.
2 Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:26 PM   #74
Bast
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Door View Post
Also the GD STi steering rack doesn't bolt up to our N/A front crossmember! If it did then Id be enjoying some quick rack goodness.
I had read that the 04 rack does.. I may need to look into that once more to be sure.
Old 01-08-2014, 05:10 PM   #75
Tyrus3
3.3L

Trader Rating: (34)

I've owned an RS with the stock rack and one with an STi rack. If you're DD-ing the car, I'd stay stock. Your turning radius will increase with the STi rack. It's not unbearable but it is noticeable. The increase in rack speed is negated by the increase in turning radius IMO for a DD. Obviously it's your car so don't let me sway you either way, just wanted to throw in my experience with both.
Tyrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:54 PM   #76
2 Door
I ❤ BOOBIES

Fav Mod: A career
Trader Rating: (18)

What year STi rack Tyrus3?
2 Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:05 PM   #77
Bast
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrus3 View Post
I've owned an RS with the stock rack and one with an STi rack. If you're DD-ing the car, I'd stay stock. Your turning radius will increase with the STi rack. It's not unbearable but it is noticeable. The increase in rack speed is negated by the increase in turning radius IMO for a DD. Obviously it's your car so don't let me sway you either way, just wanted to throw in my experience with both.
I really appreciate the input! While I'm attracted to the response of the STi rack, I do like my current turning radius. We'll see what I can even find haha.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:25 PM   #78
Tyrus3
3.3L

Trader Rating: (34)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Door View Post
What year STi rack Tyrus3?
'06, which upon a couple quick searches it seems like there may be differences between the GD chassis racks throughout the years.
Tyrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #79
Bast
2.0L Turbo

Someone has to sleep on the street.. At least she's washed and has a full tank.
Old 01-18-2014, 07:51 PM   #80
Bast
2.0L Turbo

On a whim, I took the car to Maaco to get an estimate on my rust. He quoted me $778 for a stage 1 repaint and repair to the rust/chips/dings blah blah.. but, it's Maaco.. sooo.. Probably not gonna go that route.

There's a local shop in Burlingame, 5Fifteen Auto Body, that was recommended so I'll take it to them for an estimate sometime next week. I don't NEED a full repaint right now.. although it would definitely be nice.

Also, ever since I got to California, the fuel nozzle can no longer be left to fill the tank by itself. It just pops out and sprays fuel all over the car. I'm guessing it's not venting any pressure out while it's fueling. I have to stand there and hold it on; with my Oregon plates, it looks like I don't know how to fuel my car, haha. It's just weird that I never had this problem in Washington or Oregon.

Other than that, I've purchased a JDM red hazard switch from JDMGary and put on my pink star badge. I'll get my WRX intermittent wiper installed after class next week as well.