Jason's RHD JDM Matte Blue GC8 WRX STi - Page 5 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Jason's RHD JDM Matte Blue GC8 WRX STi

Old 07-18-2014, 06:47 AM   #41
jasonsjohn
2.0L

Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04_2.5RS View Post
awesome car man. always been a fan of the GC's although I've only ever owned GD's

I'll have a GC one day...

Thanks a lot, really appreciate the positive... the GD's are great cars also... main advantage we (GC's) have over GD's are the weight, but the handling of GD's are awesome!
jasonsjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2014, 07:05 AM   #42
jasonsjohn
2.0L

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretts05 View Post
Love your pics man. I'm jealous, you get to be around so many awesome cars. Good job so far on what you've done with it

Thanks a lot bretts.... id be uploading a few more in a few, probably within the next 30mins... didn't get to take any good shots of the cusco rear sway or strut, due to the rain and such where I am... but i'd do it as soon as possible..
Old 07-18-2014, 07:46 AM   #43
jasonsjohn
2.0L

One of the very first pics I took of the car.... *now with watermark lol*

Back in the days when I had a pretty awesome Honda ...and you can see in the background why I decided to stick with a subie... no comparison.... honda's are great cars, but can't really touch a STi

This is my new gauge setup (July 16th 2014)

Once again hope you like the pics and progress thus far
Old 08-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #44
jasonsjohn
2.0L

Unfortunately I didn't get any photographs as I left the car at the garage all week to do some servicing

Decided to have the brake system checked and serviced. Currently I run my setup minus the ABS system..however the lines are still installed so I have to find a way to condemn this setup as it may be causing a few pressure problems, since the ABS is connected but not active.

Also decided to change the gearbox oil, so I drained out the Redline which I had installed last year I think september or so, and decided to go back with the OEM, Subaru Extra S oil, which I must admit is working WAYYYYYY better. From the initial startup you could feel 10000% difference in just the shifter. The gears went in soo extra smooth with the Subaru Extra S oil, over the Redline, which in my opinion was HORRIBLE on my transmission.

I was also having an issue with my Air fuel ratios.. When I had the car on wide-open throttle (WOT), I was getting a reading of 16.7, which is extremely lean.. So decided to switch the fuel pump, removed the stock Subaru STi pump and swapped in a DeatschWerks 255lph pump, since this would be more than enough.. now i'm getting the lovely 11.6 on WOT... however i forgot to reconnect my o2 sensor, but clearly doesn't seem to be a issue.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:44 AM   #45
jasonsjohn
2.0L

Okay so update, still getting the vibration problem when applying brakes between 90-60kmph. Sometimes its just a little vibration and then other times it a big vibration. Still tying to figure out what the issue could be. Thus far, i've changed my rims and tires.. but that didnt solve the issue. So checklist thus far, i changed

Brand New DBA Rotors
Serviced callipers (OEM Subaru seals)
Change Rims and Tires
Rebalanced wheels
Changed pads

So now my only or last option would be

- Disconnecting the ABS unit (which is currently disabled on the vehicle but still connected)
- Change callipers (entire assembly, spindle as well)

Will update the post with some new pics
Old 10-15-2014, 08:29 AM   #46
jasonsjohn
2.0L

First time since getting this car, I decided to change my spark plugs lol.. never had any problems so never really thought about it, however decided to change it before it got into any problems.

Also I use to get a squeeking sound from my clutch pedal lol found the issue

Also decided it was time to crank back up the boost #vf35 , however its running 20psi, but the image was captured at 15psi

Old 10-15-2014, 08:31 AM   #47
jasonsjohn
2.0L

So went to the local auto market in search of nothing really... and ended up leaving with these.. they cost me a lot more than i planned to spend on that day, but it doesnt matter. Worth it.

After installing

Old 10-15-2014, 06:56 PM   #48
bretts05
2.5L

Car: '06 Legacy GT spec.B
Fav Mod: Emissions test delete
Trader Rating: (17)

Nice find! Love those wheels.
bretts05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 09:49 PM   #49
J15
1.8L

Car: 99, RS, WRBP

I was just gunna ask how u liked the gl-4 I've been contimplating extra s or some gl4 or the famous cocktail! Looks like extra s is the most liked by everyone I'm gunna give it a go. Love the car man keep it up! Gc's r bad ass
J15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:57 AM   #50
jasonsjohn
2.0L

Thanks alot bretts05

and J15, well you instantly feel a difference compared to the RedLine mixture I had before. The gears were alot smoother, and honestly shifting is way better now that I used the Extra S.

I used 100% Extra S, i did not mix it with anything.