JO5H's Hellacheap Kitchens Thread - Page 9 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
JO5H's Hellacheap Kitchens Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #81
equinox92
They call me Garrett

Fav Mod: Park Bench
Trader Rating: (53)

gimme yo fender
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2013, 05:50 AM   #82
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

why you no love us anymore?
Old 12-04-2013, 04:14 AM   #83
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Joshua
Trader Rating: (18)

I will always love you boo, don't worry :wink:

I've been going to as many winter mode meets as I can and meeting a lot of cool local people

The blue has been growing on me but it's gonna be black without a doubt

I'm really glad I got the sport bumper, it's not one that you see often

A few inches of snow and people lose their minds, they had plows out laying down deicer when the first flakes started to fall and right after this pic it started turning to rain

I went to a parking lot to do snownuts, couldn't tell where the edge of the lot was and found out the hard way

I actually had some time to work on the motor, I would like more space to work but you make do with what you have

It was fighting me at first but once I got the splines lined up it went in like a glove

I put the header on forgetting that you have to put the top portion of the turbo side heat shield on first

The whiteline rack bushings I used on my Legacy were a match for the FXT, I was trying to swap them without removing the swaybar and it was near impossible

I got the heat shields on proper and power steering pump bolted in, never disconnected the lines from the rack in removal so no fluid lost no fluid needed

Crossmember is installed, I'm thinking I'm going to wait to put the turbo and intercooler on until it's in the car mostly so they don't get in the way or damaged

Last edited by JO5HUA; 01-24-2014 at 05:19 AM..
JO5HUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:20 PM   #84
crazyskiier3989
2.7L

Fav Mod: KYB AGX w/ Ground Control
Trader Rating: (3)

The Braids look really good on this. Black or blue either way.
Old 01-01-2014, 06:03 PM   #85
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

I picked up a Recaro Profi XL since the profi was really tight around my shoulders and generally too small for me. I'm 6'4" and 190 lbs so I don't know what I was thinking with the regular Profi. I would like the XL to be more snug but manufacturers of all products intended to fit people work on the assumption that all tall guys are also fatasses and I have to take what I can get

I started by taking the Profi of the side mounts, the mounts have to be taken off too since the XL is wider and it requires standard 90 side mounts as opposed to the offset narrow ones

The little round hole I needed to drill in order to put the seat back as far as I require, it's much easier to drill the soft aluminum than the steel Planted mount

The seat is so wide I wasn't able to just fit my hand in to start the allen bolts I had to take the center console out, the bolts in the rear are preventing it from tilting forward any more so I need to find a button bolt to get the front down some more and have a more upright position

The driver's side was incredibly easy but the passenger side needs to have sliders so my daughter can access the back seat and that's where things get frustrating

The instructions for the sliders were a cruel joke but not as bad as the installation hardware, just the black bolts came with the sliders so after a trip to home depot I got it all together and working perfectly

There was just one problem, I go to install the seat and even as close together as they can get the side mounts are about 1.5" too far apart to fit the seat

In a moment of genius I think to swap the rails on opposite sides and put the lifter bar on the outside of them, had to drill another hole in the sliders for that idea to work though and guess what? Now the sliders are too close together, I'm done screwing around with them in order to have sliders I need the standard 90 side mounts

I put it pretty far forward but I'm gonna need those sliders, hopefully I can return the offset side mounts and get 90's or maybe a shorter lifter bar but something has to be changed it will not work with the parts I have

Now my passengers can know the joy of staying put in your seat during hard cornering at the speed limit in a school zone and look sexy while doing it

I thought the starter was going out because it wasn't fully engaging and sounded like it was just grinding on the flywheel but then on the second or third try it would start just fine. Yesterday I had a lot of stuff to do after work so of course it wouldn't start, it wasn't making a grinding noise though this time it sounded like it was just spinning freely. I got a jump from a Nissan and the humiliation was unbearable but it started right up with the dirty Nissan juice. I hope to never again feel that shame but the battery I replaced it with is only 4 months newer than the one it replaced

Last edited by JO5HUA; 01-24-2014 at 05:20 AM..
Old 01-02-2014, 05:28 AM   #86
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

seats look good in there.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:02 PM   #87
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

The past week I've been figuring out the seat mounting, turns out starting from the seats down works much better than building from the base. I swapped the rails to the driver's side after seeing how much further I could get the seat to go back on the passenger seat and building from the seat down they fit perfectly. I'll pick up another set for the passenger side eventually but right now I don't much care. The passenger side planted mount has an issue with staying true when bolted down so I have to use washers to make it flat or the rails will bind up, something I never would have noticed in my build from the base method. Getting the seats together got me thinking about the rest of the interior and what I'm going to do with the compass pack hood when I eventually swap the dash. I was originally going to use OEM Lamco white face gauges but they are extremely hard to find and crap gauges anyway. Since I got a V3 accessport I'm not really concerned with gauges so I thought about just filling it with a din pocket but then I remembered I had the single din flip out from my Legacy just sitting in the attic taking up space

The display has hardly any draw so I just spliced into the factory adapter and running both units with the same power, ground and accessory wires

All the processing is done with the under seat unit and I ran a new power wire to the batter to feed it, the plan is to use the double din as the master and run rca's through the single din and then to the amp

I had to file the hood a little bit to fit over the headunit, the color difference bothers me but sound quality is exceptional

Next day the dash came out and I got all the wires tucked in nice and snug

When I swapped the dash in my Legacy I found out that officials of the government variety don't like it when you have multiple vins on your car

Since I don't have any rivets I just screwed the plate on, doesn't look super legit but at least it matches the title and firewall

I took out the SRS unit and took a piss on it then ran the screen disable wires to the dash blanks where I'm going to add some toggles and started putting everything back together

The way it looks with the black dash totally made the swap worth every minute, having the dash out also made wiring super easy and gave me more room for parts!

I took the rear heating ducts out so I don't toast my electronics and the seat is ready to go back in

I really like having a knob for the volume rather than buttons, I really want to be able to clone the display from my phone to one of the screens for navigation but I haven't looked into solutions yet

Last edited by JO5HUA; 01-24-2014 at 05:21 AM..
Old 01-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #88
Summitfinder
2.5L

Fav Mod: BFG Sport Comp 2 G-Forces
Trader Rating: (0)

This build is awesome man. Good to see another person from WA.

and go hawks.
Summitfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:01 PM   #89
crazyskiier3989
2.7L

Fav Mod: KYB AGX w/ Ground Control
Trader Rating: (3)

That dash swap looks like a hell of a lot of work. But totally worth it, I'd love to swap the lower half in my outback for the black.
Old 01-11-2014, 03:41 PM   #90
Z1 Performance
Account Closed For Now

Trader Rating: (55)

If you can measure the width of the seat (outer cushion to outer cushion) I can tell you if we have a base option for you...with integrated sliders, and that won't stack one thing on top of another like your setup does (which artificially places you higher in the car than desirable. The limit the bases I have in mind are 20.5 inches in total width. Otherwise using the stacker method like you are, no matter who's base you get, you're going to sit super high

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 01-11-2014 at 03:46 PM..
Z1 Performance is offline   Reply With Quote