JO5H's Hellacheap Kitchens Thread - Page 4 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
JO5H's Hellacheap Kitchens Thread

Old 07-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #31
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Joshua
Trader Rating: (18)

Off to the machine shop where they have a tugboat piston and rod on display

I left the bolt in the hole with the orange dot on the flywheel, not sure if subaru balances everything independently or together so I kept it in the same spot on the crank just in case

The wrench stopper is the same technique I used to get the flywheel off and it works great. Since we've had a lot of humidity the fly wheel oxidized overnight and was covered in rust when I went to put it on. I scratched most of it off with a green scratch pad and wiped it down with brake clean

I made absolutely sure to put the clutch disc on the right way this time, never going to make that mistake again

Pressure plate installed and ready to put the transmission back on

I used this tech doc from SPT for the torque specs

Small update, all I did was put the door cards on. I've been so used to grabbing the top of the door to close it that I still do it with the cards on. I'm to the point now where I grab the handle about 1/3rd of the time.

For those that don't know, Greyhound ships packages and has better rates than UPS or FedEx. I had to go downtown to pick the box up from the bus station though, dat piss smell

I had a hell of a time fitting it in the coupe, in hindsight I probably should have just opened the box and stuck them in the trunk with the rear cards

So pleased with the condition when I opened the boxes, thanks so much Joshua!

I put them on asap but one of the screws went missing

Last edited by JO5HUA; 01-24-2014 at 03:43 AM..
JO5HUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2013, 06:29 AM   #32
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

I also got the child seat safety loops from Josh, now I just need to figure out how to get some put into the bottom of the seats

It looks like the covers used to be tan but somebody painted them, beggars can't be choosers though lol

I went to a custom interior shop to look for headliner material and after some haggling I got it done for $150 cash, no tax. They put the new material right on top of the old cloth but whatever, it looks much better in person than the picture suggests

I've decided to take care of the exterior over the winter so she'll be swap ready come spring. As soon as a JDM nose cut that's black and aluminum hooded comes on the market I'm gonna jump on that. The v5/6 JDM tails I ordered are ready to board the next cargo ship out of Osaka and this little think called a wing came while I was on vacation

I need to find replacements for the missing bolts and I think I'm gonna replace the weather stripping with 3M body moulding tape. 4 bolts are holding it on and I drilled 3 new holes in the trunk

Color is matched perfectly OEM paint ftmfw, I will never tire of seeing this in the mirror

Well it's not black but won this auction on ebay, sports bumper and jdm rear bumper included was too good to pass up

Last edited by JO5HUA; 01-27-2014 at 06:26 AM..
Old 07-23-2013, 06:44 AM   #33
snake32
2.2L Turbo

Fav Mod: dry socks!
Trader Rating: (55)

seems like it's gonna be a beast!
Old 07-23-2013, 06:58 AM   #34
Joshua

Fav Mod: all of them
Trader Rating: (60)

test fit that samco BPV hose with the TMIC, I couldnt get mine to fit
Old 07-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #35
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

JDM tails showed up today so I wanted to get straight to installing them but I had a ton of crap in the trunk so it was a good time to sort through it all

Looks so much better if I do say so myself

The lettering was starting to get to me it just doesn't work and I decided I'm gonna debadge the trunk

I used a credit card to get the letters off then heat gun to soften up the left over goop, a CD to scrape off the hot goop and finished it off with 3M adhesive remover

Close up you can see where lots of dirt and wax and god knows what else is hardened into a ridiculously hard to remove outline of the lettering

It looks great from a bit of distance, I'm hoping a good wax will even out the color and make the outline easier to remove

Washed her up and waxed the hell out of the trunk, you can still see the crusty crap but the wax got a little bit of it off

Check the authentic JDM mad tyte blue reverse lights yo

I got the headliner installed and the oh **** handles to give my passengers a false sense of security when I'm about to wreck into a tree

The color is a little light, it's not perfect but as long as I don't crash land upside down it won't be a focal point

I really want to put some stickers over the airbag warnings I just don't have any ideas. It's not going to have airbags post swap so if I could find a sticker that warns that there are no airbags equipped and to use the oh **** handle like a man that would be ideal

Last edited by JO5HUA; 01-24-2014 at 03:46 AM..
Old 08-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #36
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

Some tsunami parts washed up and landed on my driveway, in pretty good condition too

The whole pallet was less than 200lbs and the aluminum hood is super light

Don't know how this mad tyte JDM dragonfly corpse made it through customs, clearly a threat to environmental health

The hood isn't perfect, there's touch up paint on a lot of the panels but pretty ding and dent free

The way the pallet was wrapped up they really cared about it not getting scratched up but they bent the corners of the hood pulling the wrap so tightly over the top of it

The scratches look like they happened in transit from Japan and then the people I bought it from touched it up

I can't read any of this but the the yellow top one looks like a service sticker, the radiator looks so clean like brand new I might use it for my swap

Still a lot left to go through, the wiring looks pretty unfamiliar I can't tell if it's wired for fogs or not but there's some type of ballasts or something tucked in there

Well that doesn't look good, I'm going to be looking for a lip now

This one is the one I want

Last edited by JO5HUA; 01-27-2014 at 07:14 PM..
Old 08-01-2013, 01:43 PM   #37
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

I'm still working on getting the wing mounted properly, got replacements for all the missing bolts from Subaru. I was torn between getting the epoxy for plastics and the epoxy for damn near everything, ended up getting the everything epoxy since I'm joining metal to plastic

They didn't have any part numbers for the version 5 so I got bolts for a hawkeye hoping they were the same, they are a little different but work just as well

There is one mount left to fix and it's going to need some 2 part epoxy, I was just going to use super glue for the brake light trim but if I'm mixing epoxy I'll use that

Epoxy is holding pretty well, I'm gonna wait the full 12 before mounting the wing though

The 3rd brake light tab is fixed, took off some of the wood it was resting on so I think it will be a good bond

I broke this when I was taking the bumper off, moar epoxy!

Had to wait until night to show just how awesome the 96 led dome light is

Side by side of fluted vs clear, spoiler alert: fluted sucks balls

JDM clearliness is next to JDM godliness

These are the bulbs I took out of the JDM housings, no projectors installed

Pretty sure the nose is equipped with bi-xenon HID's

Last edited by JO5HUA; 01-27-2014 at 06:35 AM..
Old 08-04-2013, 07:52 AM   #38
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

I kinda want to see how blinding the hid's are without projectors first, the kit is pretty awesome though with adapters for the factory plugs super easy to install. There's also aftermarket horns that look pretty beastly, I wanna hear how they sound. The bumper is getting painted with everything else when I have the money to get it done. The PayPal bill for the clip is due on the 15th and I barely have enough to pay it. Moar pictars

This guy bought my DEPO clear side markers and when you get two sexy black coupes together you have take some pics

Everybody was telling me about the guy that did a FXT swap in a black coupe it was cool to finally meet him and check out the car in person

The FXT wheels look really good in gold but I just haven't gotten around to painting mine, they will be painted before I put them on for winter though

I have been trying to find a cheap and safe way to add child seat loops and it came to me while I was sorting through one of my many boxes of parts

I took the loops from my Forester and cut the tabs off, drilled out their holes *giggity* and filed the edges smooth

The loops are pretty well hidden behind the seat cushions and they don't go up your butt if you sit there without the child seat installed

Can't believe I didn't think of this earlier

If you have ever been to Pike Place Market then you know how ridiculously hard it is to find parking right in the heart of it

Gotta represent my hawks, although it is just a magnet

I've been rocking the blue hood for a few days now, foreshadowing...

Last edited by JO5HUA; 01-24-2014 at 03:58 AM..
Old 08-04-2013, 08:11 AM   #39
BackWoodsBob
RIP 08.24.2013

Fav Mod: EG33 + Cruise control
Trader Rating: (5)

nice
BackWoodsBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #40
Crash187
2.2L Turbo

Fav Mod: What is a mod?
Trader Rating: (33)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO5HUA View Post
I've been building a list of JDM parts to make my car into a v5 clone, thought maybe it was worth sharing;

*Version 5/6 Front Bumper Cover
*JDM STi Honeycomb Grille
*Version 5/6 Crystal Headlights
*JDM Clear Corner Lenses
*Fenders with STi Badges
*Version 5/6 Fog Covers
*STi Aluminum Hood
*JDM Rear Bumper Cover with Spats
*JDM Tail Lights
*Side Skirts
*Version 5 STi Wing
*Version 5 STi or R/RA Struts/Springs
*JDM STi or US WRX 4/2 Pot Brakes
*JDM FHI Front Strut Brace

Probably forgetting some stuff, if you have deals on anything listed shoot me a PM
I would skip the struts and springs, spend the Money on something more, I am going with koni inserts and gymkhana springs