JO5H's Hellacheap Kitchens Thread - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
JO5H's Hellacheap Kitchens Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 03:31 PM   #21
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Joshua
Trader Rating: (18)

I took a look inside and was horrified by the amount of metal shavings, just thinking about those going through the turbo makes me cringe

From the turbo side

The up pipe was factory sealed Invidia. I guess it's too much to ask for them to flush out all the shavings for the price. Anyway, I started the day off with a wash since the forecast is sunny all week long and then some

I cleared some more space in the shed by putting the Forester trunk gear in my L

It's not quite a perfect fit but I'm not complaining

Fits pretty well considering the age and model gap

I decided I'm gonna put the seat heaters in the RS seats

I bet this piece of crap tie down didn't last a year

OEM FTW

In preparation for the swap I got rid of the stock airbox, FEEL THE 2.2 POWERRRRRR!!!

Last edited by JO5HUA; 01-24-2014 at 03:39 AM..
JO5HUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #22
OBS
2.2L

Fav Mod: Trunk Monkey
Trader Rating: (0)

Subbbd, This looks like a great project.
OBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #23
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

I just pulled the fuel tank so now the shell can go to scrappers. I decided against just throwing the motor in the L and actually doing some maintenanceish stuff while it's more accessible. I cleaned up the subframe and spilled a lot of atf in my grass not paying attention to the reservoir. Good thing I don't give a crap about my lawn

There was so much grease everywhere from the cv boots coming off now it's much cleaner. I can't get the motor mount off for the life of me, I stripped the nut it is being such a pita. While I was letting the degreaser soak I prepped the header for paint

I used a whole can of VHT header paint

I put the heatsheilds back on and noticed I have a special delivery from Bangkok. Rally-Tech flaps are installed and I love the subtle look with no stickers

I don't know what you are supposed to use to get that inner tab secured on the fronts but I just got some self tapping screws

Last edited by JO5HUA; 01-24-2014 at 03:40 AM..
Old 06-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #24
critict1gc
auSTin

Car: 00 rsti
Fav Mod: v7 RA ej207
Trader Rating: (10)

Subed!
critict1gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #25
ACE_2.5RS
2.7L

Fav Mod: Hawk HPS pads
Trader Rating: (0)

third times the charm I guess?

subed!
Old 06-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #26
ivonko
RUSSIAN FOR HIRE

Fav Mod: turbo
Trader Rating: (5)

Are you going to rallyx in chehalis in july?
Old 06-21-2013, 07:15 AM   #27
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE_2.5RS View Post
third times the charm I guess?

subed!
It better be, if this one gets totaled I'm getting an Evo

Starting to dip into my box of treasures, I got the motor mounts installed

Pulled the fuel pump and replaced it with the DW200

It was a real pain to get it in there, the pump is just short enough to fit. I replaced the hose with a shorter length from the kit and used the rubber bushing from the kit

I got the Perrin inlet to fit, it was a real pain in the **** to get the oem inlet out. I cannot fathom what kind of super powers you would have to posses to do that swap without taking the manifold off. I needed to take it off to replace the bpv hose anyway. You can clearly see how the stock FXT hose is at a totally different angle than the STi

Seriously a pain in the ass, I had to take the fuel lines off the bottom of the manifold in order to squeeze it out of there

The fuel lines are pretty snug on the inlet but not deforming it or anything it's still kinda loose, pretty close to the tgv's too

I did have to move some of the screw clamps so they weren't pressing into the inlet

This hose on the turbo side needs a special elbow that I will probably have to fab myself, shouldn't be that difficult I have no idea what kind of sensor is inline there

the tmic crossover pcv hose is flared hella at the end so it doesn't fit snug at all over the 90 that came on the Perrin inlet. I can't decide if I want to replace the hose or the 90 but another easy fix

The Samco STi hose kit is perfect for putting a STi intercooler on a 255

Last edited by JO5HUA; 01-05-2015 at 07:37 AM..
Old 06-28-2013, 08:08 PM   #28
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

Since I've been working so damn much I haven't had a lot of time to work on stuff, my car spends more time in this parking space than in my driveway it seems

It was here that I realized the Perrin inlet does indeed suck and decided to put the oem inlet back in

I didn't do a super thorough cleaning of the motor but I got a lot of the grime off, new tgv gaskets were $20 at the dealer what a rip. I'll end up doing composite tgv deletes at some point, just not worth the top feed conversion at this moment

Stock inlet is back in place and fits like a dream. I started getting the pcv system ready for catch-canning by blocking the manifold valve and the inlet check valve. The Y adapter is from a N/A motor and will be used to drain the catch cans back into the crank case

Up-pipe brackets installed and checking fitment of the turbo, tmic and bpv. The driver's side tmic bracket is fine but I need a longer STi bracket for the passenger side

Capped off the PCV nipples that won't be used any more and it looks like the Y from my n/a motor is going to be in the way so I'm going to be using a single drain I think

Samco dump hose fits like a glove, I'm not sure how it could be an issue using the stock inlet but with the Perrin it was hitting hardlines at the inlet side

Plenty of room all the way to the BPV and some give going toward or further from the inlet, I would say perfect fitment

The vacuum hose on the other hand... there is no way to make it work, it needs to be replaced with a longer hose

After the assembly I can say that I really want to source a STi bracket the turbo side of the top mount, it's just floating there and so easy to move

I tried to have the best pic for car of the month, touched up the exposure but now they look foggy instead of dark

Last edited by JO5HUA; 01-27-2014 at 06:14 AM..
Old 06-28-2013, 11:07 PM   #29
swimsurk
2.5L

Car: 1999 impreza L
Fav Mod: $12 intake
Trader Rating: (9)

trunk looks good, but those metal shards
Old 07-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #30
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

Put a few little touches on thanks to subiwag for scoring some goodies. The DEPO clear marker lights I swapped out quick, can see them in the previous pics. Also picked up a RS wiper arm with the aero blade. Paint was bad on both mine and the one RS one so I scuffed them up with a scratch pad

Hung them in my super fancy spray booth

I thought I had a can of ultra flat but I must have used it all, settled for satin black

Looks pretty good to me

I took off the rear wing and cover the holes with vinyl tape

v5 wing or bust

Got it washed by circus girls trying to raise money to go to burning man

Then went shopping, my haul: 0w20 for $5.25qt, 5w30 for $4.98qt and a bunch of other stuff super cheap

Clutch finally came after a butt load of phone calls and anal irritation

Last edited by JO5HUA; 01-24-2014 at 03:43 AM..