JO5H's Hellacheap Kitchens Thread - Page 17 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
JO5H's Hellacheap Kitchens Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 06:21 AM   #161
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

how does it feel?
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2014, 06:28 PM   #162
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Joshua
Trader Rating: (18)

After seeing crash test footage of the recaro seat I reconsidered having my daughter back there, or any person for that matter. I tried to use the recaro as a booster in the front seat but it is too wide to fit so I swapped carseats with my wife and the kiddo rides up front. The rollbar did add a noticeable amount of stiffness, noticeable in my ass bones. With the soft L suspension it kind of feels like a boat, as in the hull feels solid but it gets tossed around. It doesn't really feel like handling is improved much but I can feel bumps so much more, only handling difference I've really noticed is in the lift off oversteer being reduced. In conditions where it would instantly begin to rotate it eases into it and feels much less snappy coming back straight.

On with the update...

I got the rest of the decals I was looking for from subarubits, the windscreen banners are flat but they sell roof vane spoiler decals that are curved to fit so I tried it out

The fog decals are slightly smaller than OEM, I'm so done with trying to find the correct ones I don't even care anymore

I think I'm done with decals, at least everybody can tell it's a Subaru now

Didn't find much on this trip to pick n pull but I got a sweet exhaust tip

Commuting on 405 and 520 during all this construction took a toll on my new paint, rock chips galore

It was actually really difficult to capture the color difference between the rear glass and side glass, it's really easy to see in person though and I want to tint all the glass to make it look like it matches

I added my short shift lever originally from my Legacy along with kartboy shift stay bushings front and rear, I used a hybrid of Forester and Impreza parts which I didn't see the difference until I installed them

Side by side you can see the difference between Forester and Impreza, the shift stay is actually bent differently too to compensate for the body lift

While I had the plastics off I covered the radio and shifter trim with 3M 1080 wrap because it's not true rice until it has fake carbon

I'm not super thrilled about the look so I'm glad I didn't cover the center vents like the OEM carbon kit
Old 09-17-2014, 05:47 AM   #163
Evaded
3.3L

Fav Mod: JDM Gold
Trader Rating: (19)

Looks amazing man for sure. pmd..

Evaded
Old 09-17-2014, 05:58 AM   #164
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

i think the CF looks pretty good.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:30 PM   #165
ClassicOBS
1.8L

Car: 1998 Outback Brilliant Red
Fav Mod: Carbon grille so far
Trader Rating: (0)

i agree with that^^^
ClassicOBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #166
ClassicOBS
1.8L

couple shots from our mini meet at work.

thought i might as well add them here for you all to get more looks at his car

Old 09-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #167
ClassicOBS
1.8L

whoops...
Old 10-12-2014, 06:47 PM   #168
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

I think we all know who wins best in show at that meet

It's been a while since I talked about getting out the sound deadening but I finally stepped up

I got a little over 6lbs of dry ice and used a flat head screw driver and a hammer

The trunk didn't take long, I was letting the ice sit for a little until I started hearing a cracking sound then I moved it down the line

I've seen people break the ice up and spread it all over but I don't understand the reasoning with that unless you have a bunch of people helping

The deadening came off really easy, with a few raps of the hammer the flathead could just pick off huge sections but the excess sealant took a lot of freezing before it would harden

I was really on edge about the back window getting smashed into a million pieces so I didn't use the hammer and tapped ever so gently to get the shelf section

The ice block barely shrank so I continued up the passenger side

The tunnel is doubled up and that was really difficult to get even with a lot of time with the ice so I gave up and moved to the driver's side

Something happened to the stuff on the driver's side, it was all soft and came off easy with or without the ice so I ended up stopping there with the bag pretty full

Last thing I did was take off the carbon fiber wrap and put on a rallytech emblem that I've had for a while. I don't think even with all the sound deadening removed I could balance out the added weight of the roll bar but I'm not going to touch the stuff on the wheel wells or in the body panels, it's just too loud driving in the rain
Old 10-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #169
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

Since the rain has arrived the 195 tires are getting a little sketchy on wet roads, I can't really afford to get the prodrives refinished right now so I did the next best thing

I started using solvent on the center caps to see how well it worked and it took some time but got through the spraypaint eventually, only one of them is not broken but finding a replacement set for sale has been incredibly hard

I was a little worried that whoever painted them sanded them down and did it properly but I should have known better, solvent again on the first wheel and it took time but eventually got through

Next day I got some acetone and finished stripping the first wheel, put them up against the car for a comparison and I think it looks a million times better

The finish is a little tired and all of the wheels have rash but underneath the spraypaint there was a beautiful wheel

I think the comparison says it all, I can't imagine looking at these wheels after going to town with a black rattlecan and being proud of what I had done

They aren't perfect but covering up the rash by painting them black didn't make them look any better, I mean they really should regulate the sale of black spraypaint like they do with cold medicine

I tried a few different techniques but wiping them with a rag seemed to work the best, the inside corners were the most difficult to get so I loosened it there with a solvent brush first and made it much easier

On the last 2 wheels instead of getting the face first and the deeper parts after I just went around getting everything thoroughly and it spread out the detail work to where it wasn't so exhausting

So pretty, all the time spent and the acetone hallucinations were totally worth it

The wheel with a bend did have some trouble holding air but a little bead sealer and it holds tight, the only downside is there is way more road noise with 215's and with all the deadener taken out it is really noticeable now
Old 10-20-2014, 04:54 AM   #170
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy