JO5H's Hellacheap Kitchens Thread - Page 16 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
JO5H's Hellacheap Kitchens Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 04:13 AM   #151
BRZCory
'MURRICA!

Trader Rating: (12)

Every time I order wierd parts from the dealership, I just bring them part numbers.

It keeps everyone happier.
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2014, 05:14 AM   #152
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

same here.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:14 AM   #153
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

and where are the after install pics?
Old 07-06-2014, 08:02 PM   #154
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Joshua
Trader Rating: (18)

I used the long weekend and the discounts at pick n pull to sort the wiring for the rear wiper because it was bothering me more than I thought it would

Thanks to Kaiba and a few members pointing me in his direction I got the trim piece for the rear wiper

The finished look is so much better, just needs a little bit of vacuuming but looking complete and actually being complete are different things

After the frustration of trying to get the wiper switch to work I went back to the junkyard for the complete harness out of a wagon, side by side you can tell the wagon has almost double the wiring

The relay is for the rear wiper and few more things are different between the wagon and coupe, because of the hatch the rear defroster (red/blue) needed to be separated and located further up the harness

I cut off the old connector and added a blade connector, the ground wire from the wagon harness wasn't necessary since the coupe is already grounded only a couple inches from the glass

The 4 pin connector for the wiper also carries the 3rd brake light (white/black) but the part of that harness that connects and is actually in the hatch has totally different colors, the other 3 wires go to the rear wiper and are color matched to the main harness

The door switches are another random thing that was different, the coupe are a 2 wire while the wagon are already grounded

All I did was cut the 2 wire connector out of the coupe harness, ground the switch and reconnect the signal wire to the new harness

I washed and waxed the body while the weather was nice then I used tire wet gel on the mirrors, door handles, skirts, window trim and spats

I'm extremely happy with the results

Last edited by JO5HUA; 07-07-2014 at 03:07 AM..
JO5HUA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:02 PM   #155
equinox92
They call me Garrett

Fav Mod: Park Bench
Trader Rating: (53)

Noted for my wiper
Old 08-13-2014, 03:21 PM   #156
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

Some more goodies were put on and some more drama, on with the update

The bare spot on the coupes looks extra bare without side mouldings so I let loose with $75 and got the side decals from japanparts.com

It just looks correct now, and good... so good

I also got the Type R decal, mostly because it was cheap and why not

The i emblem decals were just laying around so I figured why not see how they look on the fog covers

It seemed like a bit much but since they weren't going to be used anywhere else I didn't have any problem just taking them off and tossing them

After taking the oval off I liked it much better so this is how they stay

I didn't realize one is mirrored until just now looking at the pictures but whatever, they will do until the STi decals are sourced

I decided to enter the local car show last minute and my daughter was happy to help wipe the water spots off from the night rain

Not long after that I find a nice long crease in the quarter panel, could be from a bicycle or a shopping cart I really don't know but it makes me mad and this is why I can't have nice things

In preparation for my next modification I added another loop to mount the harness correctly, it's fine to mount the submarine straps to the seat base but you always want the lap and shoulder belts mounted to the chassis directly
Old 08-13-2014, 07:54 PM   #157
JO5HUA
2.0L Turbo

The roll bar is Autopower Street-Sport 52804 Roll Bars - Autopower Industries

This is actually how it was shipped, I dunno what I was expecting but maybe a little cardboard?

It has a few issues with regard to the paint but nothing that they didn't make clear to me before purchase

Trying to get it in without taking out both front and rear seats is a fool's errand, I tried leaning the top forward but I wasn't able to get it upright so you gotta lean it back when you put it in

The left and right supports aren't marked but the bolt holes only line up if they are on the correct sides

I started by drilling one hole and bolting it down before drilling the other holes, tightening down the plate over the sound deadening made it ooze out the sides

The strut tower plates were a real pain to get bolted up but mostly because I was just too lazy to carry my jack down and take the wheels off

There are no lock washers, there's a lower plate and two nuts are used on each bolt

If I cared more about my carpet I would have just cut the hole and pushed the end of the bar through but it is ratty and tired so I just used scissors to cut around it and switched the left and right floor mats

The rear seat was quite conformable to the bar and fit nicely, the main hoop is a little close to the factory belt but not to the point of becoming an issue

My daughter actually enjoys climbing into her seat through the "monkey bars" and, though it looks dangerous, she is in no danger of hitting her face on the harness bar as mommy predicted
Old 08-13-2014, 08:49 PM   #158
ClassicOBS
1.8L

Car: 1998 Outback Brilliant Red
Fav Mod: Carbon grille so far
Trader Rating: (0)

couldnt you technically swap the harness bar and it will be a little lower? cuz of the angle. then it would be even further from the kiddos face... looks like plenty of room, just an idea
ClassicOBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 04:04 AM   #159
BRZCory
'MURRICA!

Trader Rating: (12)

For extra kid-safety, they do make roll bar padding.

Just cuz.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:05 AM   #160
Joshua

Fav Mod: all of them
Trader Rating: (60)

car feel any stiffer with it in there?