Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Meet Toaster! Combat Chuck's 2005 Forester XT New Wifemobile

20K views 145 replies 19 participants last post by  Combat Chuck 
#1 · (Edited)
We landed ourselves a 5 speed Obsidian Black Pearl Forester XT!

Current Mod List:

Engine:
Asplosions! (fixed)
TGV deletes
07 WRX top feed injector conversion
ARP head studs
Gimmick silicone inlet
Cobb catted turbo back exhaust
Possibly some sort of scary tune?

Braking:
2007 WRX 4/2 pot front and rear brakes

Transmission:
2007 WRX STi 6 speed
2003 WRX 3.545 VLSD R160
DCCDPro Universal DCCD controller
Goodridge stainless steel braided clutch line
Group N Transmission Mount
2002 WRX automatic drive shaft

Suspension:
Fortune Auto Fortune 500 coil overs with swift springs and radial top hat bearings
Subframe spacer delete

STI springs and FEAL revalved struts (junked, the struts failed in 5,500 miles after the revalve and I would not recommend them to anyone)
Whiteline lateral link bushings, STI pink lateral links
Cusco STI 25mm adjustable rear sway bar
STI Ver. 7 titanium strut bar

Exterior:
JDM Forester STI front end
Forester top wing
Rally Armor UR mudflaps (black with pink lettering)

Interior:
STi Genome Defi boost gauge and controller
2006 STi steering wheel
IWire DCCD readout next to fog and cruise switches

Dog cage!
JVC Double DIN head unit

Wheels:
Summer: Volk TE37 17x7 with some sort of worn 215 summer tire
Winter: Stock FXT 16x7 +53 with Blizzaks

My other member journals:
https://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t121851-meet-artoo-combat-chucks-00-brp-rs-coupe.html

https://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t190977-hogan-combat-chucks-stm-01-obs-wifemobile.html#post2981230

https://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t180485-l-rs-lars-combat-chucks-caribbean-green-97-l-sedan.html

Attachments

See less See more
#85 ·
Brief update: My wife absolutely loves Toaster, although in the cold it's leaking gas under the intake manifold. That's next on my list of things to do. I threw in a double DIN stereo for her with GPS and Bluetooth, and tossed a dog cage in as well. Now Toaster's about due for brakes, and the suspension has been horrendously similar to the experience you would get on a pogo stick with the cold and the heinous Illinois roads. I believe it to be a combination of the struts not damping properly in the cold or perhaps being worn/blown and the terrible roads buckling with the temperature fluctuation. I've got a few other suspension pieces I'll experiment with when I get time and temperature to do so. I may also end up having the STI struts rebuilt, we'll see.

#86 ·
Update: I loaded Toaster up with a few things for my wife.

Dog cage:

Double DIN JVC touchscreen stereo with GPS and Bluetooth:

STI strut bar:

Then last weekend it was time to do the brakes so I did the fronts, upgrading them to 4 pots:

The next project will be the rears.

#88 ·
Yeah, I need to make some padding for the strut bar because the AC line is prone to rubbing against it, but everything else is solid so far. That and I have to take care of that fuel leak under the manifold.

#89 ·
With the thaw, I threw on a set of Prodrive P1's and 2 pot rear hubs, as well as a set of GG WRX wagon springs and struts to eliminate the pogo effect:

Toaster is now burning oil like an old Honda Civic due to the blown oil seals in the turbo, but he looks darn good parked.

#91 ·
It's what's left of the original anthracite, but the paint is in pretty poor condition. The wheels themselves are in great shape though. I may end up repainting or coating the wheels with something different in the future.

#93 ·
Haha, you might end up waiting a while, I've got a few other projects in mind before I end up paying to change the wheel color :)

Although, when I do, I'll likely be set on either gold or white. In my opinion, Subaru's can never have too many gold wheels :)

#109 ·
Saw you popped in my XT refurbish thread - I had seen this one before but couldn't remember who it was!
These black XT's are funny, seems like they always come in two's.

Toaster and Twoster!

Some of your mods were already on my to-do list, so hopefully mine doesn't turn into a copy job... Did you have any alignment issues with the WRX struts? I thought I read on a forester forum the drop could cause problems w/camber.

#96 ·
This journal is long due for an update. I threw a Gimmick silicone inlet on along with Artoo's TD04 and top feed fuel lines and injectors last summer, so Toaster's quite a bit happier.

Then Toaster got hailed on to the tune of $2K in PDR damage. Hood, windshield, roof, fenders... The roof looked like the surface of a golf ball. :unamused:

#97 ·
Finally got the hail damage fixed :)

I ended up also tossing on an older Cusco 25? mm rear sway bar, Toaster handles a bit better now.

I also got my wife a birthday present, which we put on the day after:

Polishing a hazy headlight:

New summer wheels are on:

Reassembly:

Back together again.

And a few more pictures:

Toaster's always been somewhat of a black sheep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.