Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Hogan: Combat Chuck's STM '01 OBS Daily Driver

19K views 136 replies 21 participants last post by  Combat Chuck 
#1 · (Edited)
This is Hogan, named after the guy who had everyone in the 90's thinking that Subaru was an Australian car company based on his appearances in Outback commercials. Hogan used to be my wife's transport, but with the creation of Reliable Toaster™ Hogan is now my daily driver.

Hogan currently:

Current Mod List:

Engine:
EJ225 swap!
227,000 miles and counting on the short block
2002 WRX heads, TD04 turbo
STi TMIC
2007 WRX injectors
TGV Deletes
Turbo Blanket
Gimmick silicone inlet
SPT short ram intake
Helix Downpipe
Cobb Catback (modded to be 3 inches)
Group N Engine Mounts

Braking:
2007 WRX 4/2 pot front and rear brakes

Transmission:
2005 WRX STi 6 speed
2001 OBS 3.90 R160 with 2007 WRX VLSD
DCCDPro Universal DCCD controller
Goodridge stainless steel braided clutch line
Hydraulic clutch conversion
Group N Transmission Mount
2002 WRX automatic drive shaft

Suspension:
RS springs and struts
STi Version 6 carbon fiber front strut bar
20 mm FHI rear sway bar
Whiteline lateral link bushings

Wheels:
Summer: JDM STi BBS Electra C 16x7 wrapped in BFGoodrich G-Force Sports
Winter: White RS 5-spokes wrapped in Bridgestone Blizzaks
Winter: Stock RS 6-spokes wrapped in BFGoodrich all seasons

Exterior:
STi Version 6 grille with pink star badge
STi Version 6 aluminum hood
STi Version 6 front bumper and fog lights
Genuine STi 22B hood vents
JDM clear corners
RS wiper arm
JDM GC/GF roof vent
Car wash and wax (sometimes)

Interior:
RS lower dash panels
EDM door cards
UK2000 wagon seats
JDM GF8 black interior

Later down the road:
Silver?

History:
I picked this wagon up as a daily driver back in 2008. I got married, my wife loved Hogan far more than her old Ford Ranger, and she took it as her car. She loves the thing.
Hogan is the road trip vehicle, parts hauler, and basically does everything we do outside of racing (yet).

A few fun pictures of Hogan's journeys:

Clutch cable snapped while picking up Artoo's transmission in Indiana:

Six spokes!

Hogan's regular duties:

200K!

My other member journals:
https://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t121851-meet-artoo-combat-chucks-00-brp-rs-coupe.html

https://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t1...et-unnamed-facepalm-forester.html#post3033174

https://www.rs25.com/forums/f145/t180485-l-rs-lars-combat-chucks-caribbean-green-97-l-sedan.html

Attachments

See less See more
#29 · (Edited)
It's no big deal, I don't mind derailing, especially if I don't have much to update the thread with anyway :)

whats the story here im confused
how I convinced (or had a huge part) in you buying that 6spd
Yeah, Cliffs Notes are this: I figure out it wouldn't be a huge expense to throw a 6 speed in without upgrading other stuff, Crash finds a cheap 6 speed, I hem and haw about it for a while and finally pull the trigger. Thanks go to Crash for locating that trans for me :)

Haha, I knew you'd do it! (didn't put 2 and 2 together when you asked me for the flywheel though :p) Need a starter too?
Haha, yeah... I kinda fell into the ol' Pezcore "while the car's apart..." mentality :p I should be good on the starters, the 5 speed ones are the same and I have several stockpiled from when I was having trouble with the battery cable.

I got this '05 STI trans for a steal and it's only got 45K miles on it. I happen to have a somewhat busted DCCD controller I may use, a free clutch someone generous gave me, and I can use the current rear end on the wagon :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.