Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Bue Car's 1995 EJ257 STi Track Coupe

100K views 520 replies 62 participants last post by  bue car 
#1 · (Edited)
:eek:rly:

Attachments

See less See more
#195 · (Edited)
So looking into lateral link bushings, I need to press in some FWD toe bushings into my STi lateral links. Looking up the OEM part number, 20251AA031, I saw a red bushing that caught my eye. It’s a polyurethane bushing made by a Russian company. www.polyurethan.ru

I used Google to translate and read, confirming the bushing is a replacement part for the OEM bushing. It was also cheap, $11.xx each depending on the exchange rate, about the same price as the OEM ones.

So I ordered some OEM ones, and took a stab at emailing the contact email on their site.

I received a reply! They told me they do ship to the USA, and will accept paypal. Regular post shipping was $11, so, $34 out the door for 2 mystery bushings! Are they good? We shall see… they ship Monday I was told.

Part number: 8-06-373

#196 ·
Nice if they don't work let me know. The guy I know can fabricate them.

Also did you get your drum to disc swap done? I want to know how hard it is. Do I need to worry about a master cylinder for no abs if I already don't have abs. I thought it was abs to no abs that was tricky. ABS is for pussies!

#203 ·
Share if you feel a difference. My vbrace helped...I felt like the h brace wouldn't do much because it was outside of the struts.

You could test it even :)

Anyway my car had damage in the trunk area and I wanted to give a little extra support and not lose too much trunk space. Different purposes of course.

#204 ·
I loved this in my old RS. That is where it came from. Really stiffens the rear. I have the V brace in my STi. This brace still allows trunk room, I can fit 2 racing wheels plus my took box, jack, and more when I raced the RS. Lot's o Room. Also, this ties into the strut tower bar, so it's still attached to the strut towers.

And if you want to run this with a v brace, which I thought of before, you need to make new brackets.

I cannot wait to drive my car tonight.

#214 ·
Totally... i would like to sell it to complete my AWD swap first sort of.

I am having traction issues all over. IDK if my front diff is just slipping a lot? I know its not the clutch, its like the diff says NO when I am WOT in a turn. I think pretty much one wheel is spinning and the other wheels stops functioning.

I think the race track will make it dangerous. I don't know what is going on just yet. But if I cannot give it gas in a corner, I am fucked.

#216 ·
I think its open? I know someone with a LSD FWD, but yea... see below.

So for the AWD swap, I have a tranny with a broken first, drive shaft, subframe, hubs, and cables. I need a matching 4:11 diff, early AWD gas tank - getting from the dealer $400, and I think that is it. Oh, a proper brake proportioning valve for my disc conversion.

So really, I am almost there. Just buying parts on the cheap, like my rear hub swap for a bill :cool:

#218 ·
The older AWD tanks don't have a ton of hoses and such to block off, worry about filling up right, etc. Plus. I have pulled old gas tanks, they rust inside. It's inevitable. I would rather buy a new tank and not worry for another 15 years for rush issues. Will a used one work and be cleaned? Sure... but I think I will go new on this.

#223 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.