Bue Car's 1995 EJ257 STi Track Coupe - Page 7 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Bue Car's 1995 EJ257 STi Track Coupe

Old 01-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #61
BigWig711
Premium Member

Fav Mod: ????????
Trader Rating: (16)

Same shit
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #62
bue car

Fav Mod: Which car?
Trader Rating: (173)

cool, i figured. I can tell the metal on these are different.
Old 01-30-2013, 02:26 PM   #63
bue car

With the recent rain, my battery got wet and discharged. Jumped the car, went around the block, parked. Couple hours later, dead again. Jumped it, drove 100 miles hoping the alternator would charge it, no dice. Battery would just drain while sitting. So I had to be jumped at the F4 picnic by Mike, thanks, to get home. Put the battery on the charger, 90% charged. Hmm... left it over night.

Put the batter in the car in the morning, started right up. I went to work in my other car, then at lunch, tried my car, dead.

So I bought a new battery, cleaned the connections on the car and bought new terminals to replace the corroded one on the positive terminal.

32.5 pound brick -_-

Old positive terminal.

I think the guy used the black one because the screw is smaller, but it fit over the old battery fine. The new black one would not, only the negative. So I filed the eye holes on the wires a little so they slipped over the larger screw / wing nut clamp combo. It was just a tiny bit, it almost fit to begin with.

New positive terminal. I wire-brushed the inside first.

So after all this, go to fire her up...you know Lucy. The batter is not fully connected, dash is dim and cel is clicking with the key in the on position. Didn't even bother to turn it the key, rather, jumped the car. Same. So I removed the new terminal I put on, re-wire-brushed (lol) the terminal and a little where the eye holes touch. Put it back together, key in, same shit.

I cleaned up the old terminal, brushed it, and put it back on with a new bolt.

Car looked better, but would not turn over. So I jumper it, started up. A new battery, what the hell. Drove around the block, parked, turned off. Turned back on, it was still weak. Bed time. Today I wake up, go to the car, it starts, but you can tell it was struggling still.

We shall see how it does, or if I need a jump from work...
Old 01-30-2013, 02:28 PM   #64
bue car

So as you can see, I put my new custom tiedown on with the battery.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:16 AM   #65
jnorth85
500whp club

Car: 00RSti
Fav Mod: TERBO!
Trader Rating: (23)

that trans is clean! what is your cleaning method on cleaning the aluminum parts and the cross-members?
Old 02-07-2013, 09:14 AM   #66
bue car

I just used Gunk engine grease cleaner, brake cleaner, regular, warm water, a brush, and a rag or two.

I spray the gunk, let it sit for 5 minutes. Use the brush to agitate the dirt. It's all about patience. Let it sit, maybe spray a little more, agitate again. rinse with water, start over. Each time you clean a layer off, you can get to more staring over. I spray a little brake cleaner too to rinse it off at the end and wipe!
Old 02-07-2013, 09:33 AM   #67
bue car

Front endlinks are clunking a little.

Last edited by bue car; 10-01-2013 at 03:03 PM..
bue car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:36 AM   #68
bue car

While I had the car up, the driver front has a creak. I think it's the sway, so I re-greased everything. It's a little better.

I also used to have a spacer on one side, for some reason, I was able to get the bar even without it, kind of glad.

I need to cover this up or paint these boring headers

Old 02-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #69
bue car

Did some fun mods today.

Installed my VMS grounding kit... 10mm generic ebay pretty much. I think it stands for Vision Motor Sports...any ways it was 26 shipped from nasioc long ago for a trade pretty much. I have flex-innovations on both my other cars, highly recommended. I just had this lying around, so why not.

The kit comes with 6 ground wires, 2 short, 2 medium, and 2 long. Also comes with a larger gauge wire and collector block. Most subaru kits make one long chain, so I thought I would try this block. There is also a negative terminal extended, I did not use this. It's slighly too small for the negative to clamp on, plus the negative portion screws onto the extension, and does not stay tight. Garbage.

Since the wires are thick and red, I wanted to hide them as much as possible. I put the collector block on the block in the back.

Battery connection

That leads to the block

My 6 points are:

Alternator

Driver head

Where the OEM harness ground is on the intake manifold. I choose here because the spot in the front is a tiny 10mm bolt, and there are not many other locations like on a 2.5 manifold. I did put the OEM ground first, then the other on top.

Throttle body

Passenger head

Passenger car body

Not too bad except that alt line...

Old 02-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #70
Hot Tub Rob
2.7L

Fav Mod: Alpine W940
Trader Rating: (2)

you're always so thorough, that's why I love this journal! Keep up the good work.