Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Bue Car's 1995 EJ257 STi Track Coupe

99K views 520 replies 62 participants last post by  bue car 
#1 · (Edited)
:eek:rly:

Attachments

See less See more
#429 ·
Excellent! I got the pedal adapter as well. Although, I'm confused on the pedal stop. The instructions say to use the factory pedal stop but, like you, I don't have much interior. There is an anchored bolt sticking up that hits the back of the pedal but it just seems a little off.

Looking great by the way!

#441 ·
Yeah, of course. Right now I need to focus on the rally car, I tow it next Monday for the cage.

Here is the fun part. My driveway is on a little hill. Then its this car, my gate, my rally car. This car has the rear end still of the FWD, so I will toss wheels on and that's that. Then maybe use the crane and a few men and roll is back to the edge of the slope. Then back out the rally car and into my neighbors' driveway, then onto the flatbed.

Should be fun

#442 ·
Hey beu I know you already got to the tar pad removal off your floor but I was told if you put dry ice on the tar pads they harden and can be broken right off in a few minutes. Sorry for the late update but if you ever have to do it again it will save lots of heat gun and scrapping action.

#443 ·
This is the 3rd car I stripped. Even with ice, you need the heat for some parts, its hard to get the ice to stay on the trans tunnel, etc, without building wooden forts LOL .

Also, ice costs money while this 8.99 harbor frieght heat gun has serves well for 3 cars, more to come.

I appreciate the advice, however, if you read back when I cleaned it, I expressed the downsides to the ice.

Now, if you were removing it and putting carpet back over, then it would be cool. Me, I made it so clean, you can eat off it. All for $8.99

I have spent $35 on ice so far, never again. :D

Cheers.

#447 ·
Finally caught up. You have come a long way. I will be keeping an eye on this since I will be doing an 04 STi swap in the upcoming months too. I have my donor car ready just need to save a little starter budget and wait for it to not be -10 outside. Keep up the good work though man

Cheers.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.