Bue Car's 1995 EJ257 STi Track Coupe

99K views 520 replies 62 participants last post by  bue car 
#1 · (Edited)
:eek:rly:

Attachments

See less See more
#367 ·
Guess so!

Transmission is at AQ now getting a once over! They even came and picked it up from me, dropped of my fixed up 5 speed! Which will be posted fs tomorrow LOL

Swapping my beefed up 1.8 into a friends car next day or two, once he is done, then back to my swap. Saving pennies and making a list of parts needed.

Rear 5*114 hubs, brembos, dccd pro, to name a few..

#375 ·
thanks!

Got to be honest with you. Loved the underdog 1.8 with lots of love and attention. Loved that you were gung-ho about it and wanted to see it at its full potential.

That being said, I can't blame you for ditching it. Keep up the clean work and good luck dude.
I basically hit the potential... adding the AWD would be a lot more weight, over 100 pounds, plus kill my HP. I had a full exhaust, catless, cams, pnp work, I mean I was missing oversived pistons and valves, but come on, these pistons are small as hell, oversize won't do much.

I probably did not even get close to 135 HP.

I had a good home for it and just swapped it over this week. The guy was a happy camper leaving, knowing he has a motor with only 5,802 miles!

Now I am going to talk to Keener, start my GD dash swap, etc.

#374 ·
Got to be honest with you. Loved the underdog 1.8 with lots of love and attention. Loved that you were gung-ho about it and wanted to see it at its full potential.

That being said, I can't blame you for ditching it. Keep up the clean work and good luck dude.

#379 ·
Coming!

I just swapped my old motor and trans into a local's car, now I am sorting through my stuff to get ready.

6 speed is at AQ getting check out, gotta call them soon.

Just posted up more parts for sale from this car, rear struts, headlights, grill, etc.

Just about ready to pull the dash and wiring for iwire, hoping to meet him this next weekend after subiefest on my way home. I shall document as I go!

#385 ·
yep, spun a bearing at 45K, AC broke a 3 months after the dealer 'fixed' it, driver door hinges are worn so the door sags when opened, the passenger lock needs 2 presses to lift up enough electronically to open... oh the little things!

I also get the more people merging into me in it, not the subies. Too quiet I guess. That big old 190 HP 4.3L V6 Vortec

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.