Bue Car's 1995 EJ257 STi Track Coupe

99K views 520 replies 62 participants last post by  bue car 
#1 · (Edited)
:eek:rly:

Attachments

See less See more
#347 ·
07 Sti lateral links on!

Then the real fun started. My 25mm Sti Hotchkiss Sway does not fit right. The bar is like 1/4 too small on the end where it bends back to the lateral arms. Maybe it fits a GD chassis better? Also, the endlinks were not going to work and I would have to pull my rear off the STi... well it was 10 pm last night. I am pissed. I had to resort to the following BS

I figured I am such a bad ass with these cars, after I torqued all the bolts, I put it on the floor and went to bed. Well, hop in this morning going to Porter Alignment, the right rear has a loud clunking noise. Got to the gas station, yanking on things, IDK what is it. Drive off, bam, more noise. WTF.... waiting to hear back from porters on what I forgot to tighten.

LeSigh....
Read above, my Hotchkiss STi GD sway does not fit.

I used a RS one knowing it was shorter and the endlinks would work. It's a solution... btw, these trailing arms suck. More to come on that...
esssplain? what was the problem?

#274 · (Edited)
So I went to SoW today. They were running CCW.

This car sucks :(

The FWD open diff does not like gas in corners, so my wheels were just slipping like a clutch slip, and I could only brake to get traction, thus going slow as a snail. If I am in second, my RPM's jump from 4-6k (redline), if I go in 3rd, I am bogging down. Top it off, no power, everyone was on my ass passing me. That was on the first two laps... by the third, I just blew past the finnish and out on the skid pad back to the corral. Sigh..

I don;t count these times but ill be nice and post.

So I was getting faster, but it was so bad it was unsafe to be honest. So I pulled off after 3 laps and packed up camp.

Some pics

Motor set up - choose to remove the box for more high end power, useless.

Wheel GAP

-2 Camber in the rear... rubs on these tires. hehe

Just a pic of how the rear Cusco mounts with the sway - you cannot use aftermarket ones with this bar

So I cam home and got my STi ready for tomorrow!

See: GD: 07 Sti - Stage II Protune Next! - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com
Need more awd! You've got some problems. Mine doesn't do that.

Sent from hell using Xperia-S(atan)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.