Finally getting started... - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Finally getting started...

Old 10-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #11
BackWoodsBob
RIP 08.24.2013

Fav Mod: EG33 + Cruise control
Trader Rating: (5)

Nice, going to have 0 body roll with that. I bet you'll be quite happy . Thanks for the link btw!
BackWoodsBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2012, 01:22 PM   #12
crazyskiier3989
2.7L

Fav Mod: KYB AGX w/ Ground Control
Trader Rating: (3)

Got to do some work this weekend. Two small projects. The first one was to get my 20mm rear sway bar in. Super easy just like the DIY's said. Definitely a 15 minute project. Now that I have the 20mm rsb in I can tell that I really should get a beefier sway bar mounts and end links. As I was torquing the bar to the mounts I saw the mounts flexing which was interesting. But it has made a huge difference, keeps the car a lot flatter around corners and there is a ton less understeer.
Getting the OBS ready for better turning.

Untitled by crazyskiier3989, on Flickr

The new and the old side by side, 13mm stock vs 20mm upgrade

Shiny new rear sway bar

The other things I got done was hacking up the sub woofer box that I had. It was a giant thing of a box and too up too much trunk space for me. So my dad and I chopped it down a little. We angled the back of it so it sits flush with the rear seat instead of being pushed out. It did change the acoustics a little though, just need to play with the amplifier settings a little more.

All I need to do now is find a better way/place to put my tool box and the rest of the stuff that lives in my car...

Last edited by crazyskiier3989; 10-21-2012 at 01:30 PM.. Reason: Finishing the post
crazyskiier3989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:32 PM   #13
crazyskiier3989
2.7L

Another fun update is that I have a JDM carbon strut bar on its way thanks the JDMGary and I should have some JDM roof rails on their way soon too.
Looking forward to next weekend already.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:38 PM   #14
crazyskiier3989
2.7L

Got the Carbon fiber strut bar today and have JDM roof rails in the mail. I'm stoked

Last edited by crazyskiier3989; 10-25-2012 at 11:41 PM..
Old 10-28-2012, 01:49 PM   #15
crazyskiier3989
2.7L

Things are feeling a lot snappier with the strut bar on, which is more of a result than I expected. I like it though. Hopefully I'll get some picture of the engine bay up sometime soon.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:15 PM   #16
crazyskiier3989
2.7L

Ok I've got a question for everyone. Trying to figure out what is the best next upgrade as well as the best route for the upgrade. Just looking for some suggestions. I've been thinking about OEM fog lights, definitely the most practical, Also solid end links all the way around, but which ones are best in your eyes? Or should I get some sort of ram air or cold air intake?
Old 10-28-2012, 10:20 PM   #17
Beeguy27
3.3L

Fav Mod: the new car
Trader Rating: (5)

I vote suspension upgrade first! So end links
Old 10-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #18
crazyskiier3989
2.7L

Yah thats what I was leaning toward as well, solid endlinks and stiffer mounts. Had a slight set back though. Caņon Carver decided now would be a good time to let me know he had an upper and lower wing for sale cheap, so i bought them. They are on there way now. Oopss.. Thing is though they are white. So i'm gunna try painting them. I don't have access to a paint booth so I gunna try this,1999 Subaru Impreza Touch Up Paint Colors I'm definitely gunna take my time for a nice even coat, well see what the end result is. Hopefully it'll work out in spray paint form because I don't really have the funds to do it for real.
Old 11-05-2012, 02:28 PM   #19
crazyskiier3989
2.7L

Default Great weekend of new parts

All of my parts, JDM rails and Upper and lower wing, arrived on friday so i got to play with them this weekend. First things first, get the JDM roof rails on. The job is actually really easy, its just that it requires removing nearly all the interior body panels, especially the headliner. So be prepared for that. One of the neat things I discovered is that I can get an OhShitHandle for the drivers side. My headliner has the holes for it, but no mounting points. The other three OhShitHandles all have mounting brackets, so i'll have to pick one up the next time i'm at a junk yard.
Got the Stock garbage rack off.
[IMG]
Untitled by crazyskiier3989, on Flickr[/IMG]

Panels everywhere, even had to undo the seatbelt bolts
[IMG]

Cutting the gutter filler
[IMG]

DONE
[IMG]

The next thing for the weekend was the upper and waist spoiler I got from Caņon Carver. They were white and I wanted to get them on for now until I painted them for real. So I hit the upper one with really cheap black rattle can and a clear coat. Then I ran out of paint.
So the waist spoiler is still white for now. So i'm driving around for a couple weeks with an upper wing painted black and a mid painted white. Let me know if you see me, I'll be between Seattle and Fort Bragg, CA over the next two weeks.
Anyways, I got the factory brackets as well, so I used the 3M window weld silicone (expensive shit) to stick them on. And that let me get the upper wing mounted. Well the mid wing doesn't have any brackets so that involved drilling holes in my car. I will be the first to say it is kind of ominous drilling holes in your car. Even drilled two that were 3/4" so I could access the bolt. But I got the lower on with the help of my dad and some templates and it looks pretty good in terms of placement.

Ready for paint, cleaned with Windex and rubbing alcohol
[IMG]

Mediocre paint job... bleu... i hate rattle can sometimes, even worse picture...
[IMG]

On the wagon, tape is holding the middle bracket down
[IMG]

Lining things up for the waist spoiler, had to remove the rear wiper and motor too
[IMG]

Mounted and ready to rock
[IMG]

This hole wasn't there before and there is another one on the other side too. There was a small dimple that looked like is was the potential drill mark at the factory though
[IMG]

Then I got 'er all washed, waxed a prettied up. and the sun went down...
[IMG]
[IMG]

Anyways, the real questions remains, any one want to buy a stock OBS roof rack??
Old 11-19-2012, 08:26 PM   #20
crazyskiier3989
2.7L

Got some new shoes for my wagon today. They are Bridgestone Potenza G019 Grids. pretty good deal, $360 out the door for all 4 and I got it aligned for a bit more. Once I get some miles on them I'll have a better idea how they do, might go up to the snow in a couple days to go play. who knows