Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com - View Single Post - Project Nemesis: Version 4 into L
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 09:51 PM  
Smoke
Interior Paint Pro

Fav Mod: Recaro seat
Trader Rating: (3)
Default Project Nemesis: Version 4 into L

That's right; I finally got the JDM STi EJ20K.

I got it from Acutech Imports on ebay. comes with full tranny, driveshaft, axles (the whole drivetrain!), with apexi powerFC standalone ECU.

I also ordered a new pedal set that includes the clutch cylinders, as well as a Version 4 STi gauge cluster. However, I am certain this will not bolt in. That's what i've heard.

I would like to thank people on rs25.com, NASIOC for the knowledge, as well as the local subie people for willing to help out.

The car as of now:
9/24/09

This will be my swap thread!

This was my old thread that didn't make it very far:
My 95 L AWD

9/24/09:
My mom kind of found out and got pissed, and I'm afraid to tell me dad too. I realize they help pay for my expenses such as college, and it was wrong to go behind their back. However, they don't seem to trust me enough, where I can't take big risks to learn from them. So my plan is to swap the engine myself with a few friends, and have ECS or someone merge the harness.

I hope to get this car to be reliable for daily use. My question is how will this effect my insurance?

Engine how it is:

Version 4 STi swap with DCCD
Plans:
-Engine swap
-Auto to Manual Conversion
-Drivetrain swap

Mod list as of July 2010:
Exterior:
-Version 5 STi wing replica
-Painted moldings and mirrors
-Authentic JDM Version 5/6 STi grill
-JDM GC8 headlights
-Depo clear corners
-Blacked out taillights
-Enkei RS-V wheels with Federal SS595 tires
-Hella Supertones

Interior:
-Blacked out painted interior
-Blue suede door inserts
-Blue suede airbag cover
-Recaro Speed seat
-Modified Sparco bracket and slider
-Blue footwell illumination kit
-STi badge

Suspension:
-Tanabe GF210 springs
-KYB AGX adjustable shocks
-Whiteline 3 way adjustable rear sway bar
-Kartboy Endlinks
-Primitive Racing front strut bar

Power (pre-swap):
-Apexi N1 exhaust to 2.25" piping
-Vibrant Performance resonator
-Authentic Borla headers

Overall plans for this car:
-Overall reliability and daily drivability. I want this to be one of the most reliable ej20k's out there. This means using Apexi PowerFC for tuning for Washington's 92 octane gas, and using good oil. (10w 40?)
-Bolt-on power. Not shooting for super power. I'm doing straightly suspension and bolt-ons with this. This means exhaust, port and polishing, and maybe a slightly bigger turbo.
-Fun. If I do this I will be the first person with a JDM STi swap in my of the state.

Parts list:
-ACL Race bearings
-OEM EJ257 Rods (check)
-Cometic head gaskets (check)
-ARP Head studs
-ARP Rod bolts
-Walbro fuel pump
-CX Racing radiator
-OEM DCCD switch or just get aftermarket
Attached Thumbnails
Project Nemesis:  Version 4 into L-32064_10150213249690078_509315077_13152269_2743430_n.jpg  

Last edited by Smoke; 08-30-2010 at 04:07 PM..
Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote