It's been a while since I updated this thread. I know someone asked about the gauge cluster wiring I used. This is my spreadsheet I used. I updated it recently because I went back and fixed my cluster so that it dims properly now.
Anyways I went ahead and fixed every little thing that was bothering me about the subaru.
- Fixed the Gauge cluster wiring so that it dims now just like the sti does
- Did the timing belt job including cam seals and a tomei guide. I removed the filters from the banjo bolts while I was at it.
- Replaced the crappy koyo radiator with a Mishimoto one. I kept smelling coolant but couldn't figure out why. I had 3 seems leaking on the Koyo. While I had the fans off I cleaned them up and painted them.
- I modified my jdm power folding mirrors so that they fold in parallel now (802Projects
- I removed the ript-usa micro-suede. It had faded after several years. I replaced it with real alcantara.
- I got rid of my rs clockspring because my airbag light came back on. I know I had it rebuilt in the past but it didn't last very long. Looks like the company just re-attached the ribon cable that broke off instead of replacing it with a new cable. So the ends were still attached but I think the ribon cable had cracks in the traces. I used an sti clockspring this time. I was able to modify it to fit the rs steering column.
- My sunroof drip pan somehow started rusting, no idea why as the rest of the car is rust free. It was also all overspray from the paint job. So I bought a used one from a low mileage florida car. I cleaned it all up, painted the drip pan for extra protection, and greased the track. I no longer have to push up on the sunroof to help open it.
- I bent the tabs on my passenger door panel so that it doesn't press against the glass as much. Now my passenger window opens faster.
- I had my brembos rebuilt/powdercoated.
- New Centric Premium rotors
- I rebuilt my ISC coilovers and upgraded to swift springs while I was in there. The rear adjustable camber plates mean there are tiny holes where water could technically come up into the car. When I first put them in I siliconed the holes shut after my alignment. That was a bad idea as it was a pain to remove. This time I layed down a layer of ceram wrap and packed play-doh on top of it. Hopefully this works.
- New BF Goodrich sport comp 2 tires
- Installed an Invidia downpipe to replace the ebay one I was running. Honestly the Invidia fit awful. It didn't line up to the HKS Carbon TI one at all. I had to cut the flange off it and modify it.
- I bought JDM torsion bars for my trunk so it no longer slams shut from the weight of the v5 wing.
This coming summer I'm going to put in a new clutch/flywheel. I also want to make a splitter for the bakemono hoodscoop and clean up the underside weave portion of it. And I'm looking for an in-cabin air filter setup if anyone has one.
I'm messing with front lips too. I wish my jdm front lip hung a little lower. I really like the prodrive and wish I could source an original one. I bought the ebay one but I'm not happy with it. Then I bought the cf seibon p1 lip. That fits a lot better, and looks alright. I think I'd like it better though if it was blue and I'm not sure I want to paint the CF one as it would be harder to get rid of if I found the real deal. I traded an air filter for a severely damaged 2.5rs bumper that had a rare orciari lip zip tied to it. The thing was is bad shape and broken in 2 spots. Someone had tiger haired teh back side of it. It took me forever to get it down to the abs plastic so I could plastic weld everything. I'm going to paint it and try it out. I need to respray my spats and sideskirts anyways.
microseude vs real alcantara
Leaky Koyo radiator. I had to add some pressure to it and use soapy water to find the leak. Mishimoto offers a lifetime warranty so I went with them vs buying another koyo.
new Mishimotor with jdm fans repainted
Figuring out how to get the cluster to dim and replacing clockspring
No more airbag light!
Parallel power folding mirrors
Brembos rebuilt and powdercoated by detectivecoating.
Testing carbon p1 lip
Sunroof replacement all cleaned up and lubed