Fastfalcon94's build thread, swapped GC - Page 5 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Fastfalcon94's build thread, swapped GC

Old 01-02-2017, 05:52 PM   #41
fastfalcon94
2.7L

Trader Rating: (15)

It's been a while since I updated this thread. I know someone asked about the gauge cluster wiring I used. This is my spreadsheet I used. I updated it recently because I went back and fixed my cluster so that it dims properly now.

http://802projects.com/documents/gau...terwiring.xlsx

Anyways I went ahead and fixed every little thing that was bothering me about the subaru.

- Fixed the Gauge cluster wiring so that it dims now just like the sti does
- Did the timing belt job including cam seals and a tomei guide. I removed the filters from the banjo bolts while I was at it.
- Replaced the crappy koyo radiator with a Mishimoto one. I kept smelling coolant but couldn't figure out why. I had 3 seems leaking on the Koyo. While I had the fans off I cleaned them up and painted them.
- I modified my jdm power folding mirrors so that they fold in parallel now (802Projects)
- I removed the ript-usa micro-suede. It had faded after several years. I replaced it with real alcantara.
- I got rid of my rs clockspring because my airbag light came back on. I know I had it rebuilt in the past but it didn't last very long. Looks like the company just re-attached the ribon cable that broke off instead of replacing it with a new cable. So the ends were still attached but I think the ribon cable had cracks in the traces. I used an sti clockspring this time. I was able to modify it to fit the rs steering column.
- My sunroof drip pan somehow started rusting, no idea why as the rest of the car is rust free. It was also all overspray from the paint job. So I bought a used one from a low mileage florida car. I cleaned it all up, painted the drip pan for extra protection, and greased the track. I no longer have to push up on the sunroof to help open it.
- I bent the tabs on my passenger door panel so that it doesn't press against the glass as much. Now my passenger window opens faster.
- I had my brembos rebuilt/powdercoated.
- New Centric Premium rotors
- I rebuilt my ISC coilovers and upgraded to swift springs while I was in there. The rear adjustable camber plates mean there are tiny holes where water could technically come up into the car. When I first put them in I siliconed the holes shut after my alignment. That was a bad idea as it was a pain to remove. This time I layed down a layer of ceram wrap and packed play-doh on top of it. Hopefully this works.
- New BF Goodrich sport comp 2 tires
- Installed an Invidia downpipe to replace the ebay one I was running. Honestly the Invidia fit awful. It didn't line up to the HKS Carbon TI one at all. I had to cut the flange off it and modify it.
- I bought JDM torsion bars for my trunk so it no longer slams shut from the weight of the v5 wing.

This coming summer I'm going to put in a new clutch/flywheel. I also want to make a splitter for the bakemono hoodscoop and clean up the underside weave portion of it. And I'm looking for an in-cabin air filter setup if anyone has one.

I'm messing with front lips too. I wish my jdm front lip hung a little lower. I really like the prodrive and wish I could source an original one. I bought the ebay one but I'm not happy with it. Then I bought the cf seibon p1 lip. That fits a lot better, and looks alright. I think I'd like it better though if it was blue and I'm not sure I want to paint the CF one as it would be harder to get rid of if I found the real deal. I traded an air filter for a severely damaged 2.5rs bumper that had a rare orciari lip zip tied to it. The thing was is bad shape and broken in 2 spots. Someone had tiger haired teh back side of it. It took me forever to get it down to the abs plastic so I could plastic weld everything. I'm going to paint it and try it out. I need to respray my spats and sideskirts anyways.

microseude vs real alcantara

Leaky Koyo radiator. I had to add some pressure to it and use soapy water to find the leak. Mishimoto offers a lifetime warranty so I went with them vs buying another koyo.

new Mishimotor with jdm fans repainted

Figuring out how to get the cluster to dim and replacing clockspring

No more airbag light!

Parallel power folding mirrors

Brembos rebuilt and powdercoated by detectivecoating.

Testing carbon p1 lip

Sunroof replacement all cleaned up and lubed

Last edited by fastfalcon94; 05-01-2018 at 07:06 AM..
fastfalcon94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2017, 05:53 PM   #42
fastfalcon94
2.7L

This was the old one I replaced:

Pre play-doh

After play-doh

New torsion springs

They are strong enough to hold my trunk up like this now:

Some pics of the car after I got it aligned:

Here is the ociari lip zip tied to the bumper I traded for:

Last edited by fastfalcon94; 05-01-2018 at 07:10 AM..
Old 01-02-2017, 05:53 PM   #43
fastfalcon94
2.7L

Here's a look of what the backside of the lip looks like:

Plastic welding it back together:

Last edited by fastfalcon94; 05-01-2018 at 07:11 AM..
Old 01-16-2017, 08:16 PM   #44
gsla72
1.8L

Trader Rating: (4)

Would you mind posting the part numbers for those torsion springs? I'd love to get my hands on a set.
gsla72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2017, 08:42 PM   #45
fastfalcon94
2.7L

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsla72 View Post
Would you mind posting the part numbers for those torsion springs? I'd love to get my hands on a set.
I got them from Japan parts.com

1005G-026-013

They were $97 shipped after yen conversion.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:17 PM   #46
SIMER
2.2L Turbo

Fav Mod: Stroked CDB + EJ207 heads
Trader Rating: (25)

Good idea with the play doh. Just what I needed
Old 05-01-2018, 07:45 AM   #47
fastfalcon94
2.7L

Update: So I went back and painfully fixed all my photobucket image links. I haven't driven my Suby yet this year, but tonight. It's been on the backburner with other stuff I had going on. The cold snowy/rainy weather hasn't helped. Since last time....

- I installed the iwire hoodscoop splitter (fits awesome)
- cleaned up the rough underside of my bakemono scoop
- Adjusted my ISC preload (Car has been bouncy and ISC said my preload is too tight. And it was, hoping to drive it tonight to test it)
- adjusted my drivers door. The striker was sticking out a little so it wasn't closing flush
- installed a cabin air filter (finally found the rare bracket)
- Had my car tuned by Nick at VEMS (288hp and 335 ft/lbs torque)

This year I want to have my sideskirts resprayed and get a new windshield. Mine isn't cracked, it's just old and chipped. I'm also looking for a real prodrive p1 lip if anyone has a lead on one. I currently have the ebay one and a carbon fiber one, but I want the real thing. Eventually I want to do an abs delete and replace my MC with an sti one (already bought) and install some kind of IC sprayer. Right now the abs is unhooked. I want to clean up the lines though and mount a jdm IC sprayer tank where my abs pump is. And I promise someday I'm going to get a new clutch. When I did the 6 speed swap I re-used a pretty worn sti clutch. I figured it wouldn't last long.... 6 years later and it still holds fine. In addition I've been working on some other builds. I LS2 swapped an RX7, cleaned up a DD 1g 3000gt vr4, helped my gf build her forester, and I've been building a shop behind my house.

2.5RS on the Dyno! It was so nice to be able to go WOT last year. I had been babying it around since I put in 850cc injectors.

2.5rs on VEMS dyno - YouTube

Garage (still a work in progres. Being mudded soon, then I have painting to do. More pics here: 802Projects)

gf's Forester XT Sport (more pics here: 802Projects)

93 3000gt vr4 restore (build here: 802Projects)

94 Mazda Rx7 restore (hopefully being painted this year! build here: 802Projects)

Old 05-02-2018, 11:19 AM   #48
rspcti06sti
2.0L

Car: 1993 WRX
Fav Mod: Everything
Trader Rating: (1)

Nice thread, for your GF XT what is tire and wheel specs on it?
rspcti06sti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:10 PM   #49
fastfalcon94
2.7L

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspcti06sti View Post
Nice thread, for your GF XT what is tire and wheel specs on it?
They are Rota Gravels 18x8.5 +44 offset. The fit fine and clear the brembos without any kind of spacers. I believe the tires are 245/45/18.
Old 03-12-2019, 06:21 AM   #50
fastfalcon94
2.7L

It's been almost a year since I updated this thread. All my pics had disappeared since the forum is now secure and my website wasn't:/ I finally got a certificate and fixed that so now everything works. I figured I'd give an update too. This is what I've been working on...

- I'm putting an intercooler sprayer in my car. It will work with auto and the manual button. I've already tested the wiring. I just need to move it into my car. I'll post the wiring below and I made a video of me testing and explaining everything on the workbench.

- I got into 3d printing and designed a cabin air filter cover. I've shipped one to another member of the forum to install and review.

- I still need to have my sideskirts painted and get a new windshield. I got the ociari lip in primer now too.

- My rx7 is being painted right now.

- I got my garage all mudded/taped/painted and the lights installed. It took me all summer to do so I kind of fell behind on car stuff. That and I had to re-shingle the roof of my house.

- I finally bought a Supra. It was surprisingly easy to get a loan for one to. I wish I had bought one sooner now.

This is the wiring diagram. It's a modification of the jdm one to simplify a few things and use a hobbs swich.

video of it working:

Sti intercooler sprayer wiring for 2.5rs (Manual and Auto buttons) - YouTube

3d printed cabin air filter cover

More pics of it here: 802Projects

rx7 engine bay stripped and painted

The stable of stuff I never drive. I still need to get some lifts and run air lines. I have a bathroom I need to start too.

Upstairs is half wood shop, and half parts room

More Garage pics here: 802Projects