Fastfalcon94's build thread, swapped GC - Page 3 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Fastfalcon94's build thread, swapped GC

Old 12-04-2012, 09:12 PM   #21
stiv5
2.7L

Fav Mod: JDM Parts
Trader Rating: (32)

Great looking swap and car. Awesome job. I like that you did everything yourself with some help. It's worth the hard work.
Subaru Impreza Prodrive P1 is awesome...especially #023/1000
stiv5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2012, 05:44 AM   #22
fastfalcon94
2.7L

Trader Rating: (15)

Garett Holler did mine. I paid for materials (~$600) and gave him a lightweight flywheel and jdm v4 RA transmission that would sometimes want to pop out of 3rd for it. I helped him pull the body panels, prep some stuff and re-assemble everything as well. But he did all the priming/sanding/masking/painting/clearing/wetsanding/buffing. I was very happy with his work. He was 20 years old at the time too,but he's been working for a body shop for a while. Eventually he is going to have his own place.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:04 AM   #23
terbo559
2.2L

Car: 99 RBP RS Coupe
Fav Mod: Hellaflush Sticker
Trader Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfalcon94 View Post
Garett Holler did mine. I paid for materials (~$600) and gave him a lightweight flywheel and jdm v4 RA transmission that would sometimes want to pop out of 3rd for it. I helped him pull the body panels, prep some stuff and re-assemble everything as well. But he did all the priming/sanding/masking/painting/clearing/wetsanding/buffing. I was very happy with his work. He was 20 years old at the time too,but he's been working for a body shop for a while. Eventually he is going to have his own place.
He did an excellent job. From what I can see, it looks great.
terbo559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:17 AM   #24
hernan_arg
1.8L

Trader Rating: (0)

You did a great work, your GC looks super clean!
hernan_arg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #25
exiletalon
1.8L

Car: 2001 v6 sti rep white coupe
Fav Mod: 06' sti swap
Trader Rating: (7)

May I ask what it is you do? Ive been through many cars my self including some dsms and 3kgts among others, Those are not cheap cars to built and the 6G72 isnt a common build, why the DRs over the e3 16g? those seem more common and cheaper are they not? regardless, beautiful cars, an awesome garage and beautiful house.
exiletalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:44 PM   #26
fastfalcon94
2.7L

Quote:
Originally Posted by exiletalon View Post
May I ask what it is you do? Ive been through many cars my self including some dsms and 3kgts among others, Those are not cheap cars to built and the 6G72 isnt a common build, why the DRs over the e3 16g? those seem more common and cheaper are they not? regardless, beautiful cars, an awesome garage and beautiful house.
The dr750s are not cheap but they spool faster than 9b turbos and outflow evo3 16gs. Really the best of both worlds. I had td05 manifolds too but sold them to go with the dr750s. Why pay 4k instead or $1100? They bolt on like factory. Using factory oil feed and return lines. Also use factory heat shield. Didn't have to change my downpipe or ic piping. No overheating issues or clearance issues. Also saved 1k in td05 manifolds. So I paid a little more for better turbos and a lot of saved fab time.

I am a developer for a healthcare EHR software company. But vt is a lot cheaper to live in than Cali. Plus being an old man at 27 with no kids or wife yet. Some day though.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #27
Electioneer
2.0L

Trader Rating: (1)

Awesome build! I need to roll my fenders and QPs to fit my STi suspension.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:05 PM   #28
ZackRs
1.8L

Car: 2000 Subaru Impreza Rs, Red
Trader Rating: (0)

What muffler is that?
ZackRs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:28 AM   #29
fastfalcon94
2.7L

Adding a few more photos. The muffler is an HKS Carbon TI one. I bought a wrecked wrx to part out last year and it came with this free muffer

I've been working on my 3000gt in my spare time this winter, but since my transmission for it's shipped away to have a billet endcase put on I have been working on the suby. I ordered a few parts with my tax returns.

I went with DW850 injectors and a DW fp. VEMS (Vermont Engine Management Systems) hooked me up with these parts. Jason was able to get me everything for a lot cheaper than anywhere else I could find online. I also got some stainless brake lines, stainless clutch line.

Here is the amp mounted. Also take notice of the trunk release lever. I moved it forward about 1.5 inches to mimic the sti latch so that I wouldn't have a hole visible from the carpet swap.

also added an aftermarket antenna since I had mine shaved. It will be nice to have the radio again.

Sub box in the trunk. I had to cut out a piece of plywood for the floor. The factory cardboard one was bowed pretty good. THe rear seats are just sitting in the car now. I will mount them correctly after I put the FP in.

I also made my own shift/ebrake boot. Since I have a 6 speed with a 2.5rs console, there is no direct fit shift boot. It was a pain in the ass to make but I'm happy with it. Took me 4 tries and I had to use youtube just to figure out how to thread the sewing machine.

Here's a peak at my vr4 transmission. This is a billet inner bell housing brace I had welded on by Kales Custom.

And here is the billet endcase that is being put on this week. Pampena Motorsports is installing it, they are also the suppliers. I would have done it myself but there are certain preloads you have to set and you need a press.

Last edited by fastfalcon94; 05-01-2018 at 07:01 AM..
fastfalcon94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:37 AM   #30
shamethellama
Account Closed For Now

Car: 2003 Outback/1999 Impreza OBS
Fav Mod: Delta 1500s
Trader Rating: (4)

Wahooooooooooo beautiful car! I don't know anything about Mitsubishis, but the 3000gt is nice too.
shamethellama is offline   Reply With Quote