Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Shanes Supercharged Goodness!!

27K views 94 replies 30 participants last post by  Skidd 
#1 · (Edited)

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
If one were to do this and learn from your mistakes/mishaps :D and nothing went wrong, what would the total cost be? And how difficult would it be to take the system off once a year to pass CA smog? :(

Bro's getting a GDA RS and I think this would be fun :D

Nathan

#10 · (Edited)
Actually... yeah!! I have a complete price breakdown on my ludicrous-speed build site.
And, I've tried to separate the items that I spent cash on, but either didnt' need, didn't use, or didn't work.
So, the official breakdown should be pretty close.
It's up to the individual to decide if every item is needed or not though.

edit:
Oh yeah.. and if I were to remove the supercharger, intercooler, belt and idler pulley, and put back my old CAI, I think it would only take an hour. At least the EManage Ultimate would not have to be removed since it has no affect on the OBD2 system of the factory ECU.

#53 ·
Actually... yeah!! I have a complete price breakdown on my ludicrous-speed build site.
And, I've tried to separate the items that I spent cash on, but either didnt' need, didn't use, or didn't work.
So, the official breakdown should be pretty close.
It's up to the individual to decide if every item is needed or not though.

edit:
Oh yeah.. and if I were to remove the supercharger, intercooler, belt and idler pulley, and put back my old CAI, I think it would only take an hour. At least the EManage Ultimate would not have to be removed since it has no affect on the OBD2 system of the factory ECU.
how much was the whole set up? and how is it to pass inspection

#22 ·
i saw your car in "Car of the Month" thread and it looked like you were running stock 6 spokes on a more low profile tire. Is this true and what were the numbers on that rubber? great car btw, I love the supercharger!!

#23 ·
Thanks!
Yeah... those are stock 6-spokes I use just for AutoX (17s on the street). The rubber on the 16s are Hoosier R6 205/45/16. A little small, but not crazy. Actually, it's the diameter that I have the most issue with. I top out in 2nd too early. They are almost warn out, so I'm going to try and track down a set of 225 Kuhmos or Toyo R-comps when these Hoosers are done. Which should be pretty soon!

#24 ·
nice to see you wnet with coilovers and that camber looks like its set at -1.5 deff not to its fullest but I'm sure it helps with the roll affect. Thats what mine are set at...whats your damper setting and what KG coils you running.

#26 · (Edited)
The coilovers made a pretty big difference in teh slaloms. The old Swift springs I had were nice, but not coilover nice. They are the BC Coilovers to be exact. I have the camber set currently to MAX, and the camber bolts also on max. I honestly don't know what it adds up to though. I also have a set of camber bolts in the rears too. I'm still trying to sus out the correct damper settings for AutoX though. I've been fiddling around with between 2 and 8 clicks back from full stiff. Usually going for 4 clicks back. It feels good, and I really like how neutral my car feels.

haha! CMorgenroth. Glad you could come out for the fun. Despite the heat. Thanks!
Anybody want to see what happens when you mix the added power of a Supercharger to Hoosiers that are warn to the cords. Yes.. cords. These tires are done!! This was run #2 for the day. And boy, was it a messy run!! But fun!!

YouTube - SASCA 2009 07 19 run02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.