Lady Lux-- into 2015 STi. New Journal! - Page 9 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Lady Lux-- into 2015 STi. New Journal!

Old 08-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #81
Einobaka
3.3L

Fav Mod: Blown Engines
Trader Rating: (24)

Sending back the flares I got, not quite what I envisioned with fitment modification, lol. I got the fairlady 280, S30 flares instead of the S13 specific ones. And since I probably can't wait till the new ones come in I'm gonna have to roll my fenders in the meantime...
Einobaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 10:43 AM   #82
Einobaka
3.3L

Smallish update

Brake stuffs, no installed pic but the car stops GREAT now.

Fenders rolled, needs more in the rear

Hard to see

Profec B installed

Old 08-30-2012, 02:54 PM   #83
Jim511
3.3L

Car: 01 RS
Fav Mod: custom paint
Trader Rating: (10)

ahhhh so you're the guy who works at Perkins with Chris A.! Next time I'm down there I'll have to show you how to really make 17x9's work on a gc But I'm lovin the setup you've got there, glad to see more people run wide wheels with beefy tires!
Jim511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #84
Einobaka
3.3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim511 View Post
ahhhh so you're the guy who works at Perkins with Chris A.! Next time I'm down there I'll have to show you how to really make 17x9's work on a gc But I'm lovin the setup you've got there, glad to see more people run wide wheels with beefy tires!
Haha! Thanks! You must be the infamous Jim I keep hearing about. I like what you did with yours btw What offset are you running? And definitely show me how you worked your magic!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:24 PM   #85
Jim511
3.3L

that is me! haha I'm running 235/40/17's with a +38 offset. Honestly just a roll and pull, I did mine before bodywork so didn't have to worry about if paint cracked or anything but it honestly didn't even before starting to sand. I like the look of yours though, you really don't need flares unless its something you truly want.

Let me know how the LED's work out for ya and if there's any hotspot problems. Are you changing the color? Some of my cluster lights are out and I've been trying to decide what to do, whether replace with oem, do a little modding/changing, not sure.

Last edited by Jim511; 08-31-2012 at 08:26 PM..
Old 09-01-2012, 06:58 AM   #86
Einobaka
3.3L

Yeah, I did some roll and pull already but the rear could use a just a little more. I definitely want flares, but the way +28 are sitting now don't really need them (as people have mentioned) Where did you get your car painted? Came out great! I want a full repaint too.. but there's still body pieces I want etc before I really get into it.

Will do! I haven't finished the cluster mods though since I've been so lazy. But I will definitely post pics when it's done. I'm shaving off the greens and went with super white LEDs-- I really liked how my Turbosmart lit up hence why I went with the white
Old 09-05-2012, 01:09 PM   #87
Einobaka
3.3L

Installed the knocklite yesterday. Fairly easy since I already had a harness made up for the EMU, all I had to do was splice a 4-pin cpu PSU extension for the knocklite. What took the longest was positioning and running the wires. Still playing with the sensitivity settings, although at this point I don't mind having it desensitized and just run shift-light function for now since my engine is bound to go over winter anway. Lol.

Boring picture:

Old 09-05-2012, 02:29 PM   #88
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

knocklight..as in..it's gonna flash when the engine detects knock?
Old 09-06-2012, 06:36 AM   #89
Einobaka
3.3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by George of the Jungle View Post
knocklight..as in..it's gonna flash when the engine detects knock?
Thats correct! More like.. when the stock sensor detects knock. Sensitivity levels vary as well. Atm I'm running at about a sensitivity level 6 (higher number = less sensitive) and I get an amber light between 3-6k @ WOT which indicates a light knock (red light means hard knock) which also means I have to bring down the timing a bit more. I really have to say morocco88 was right about having as many tools in your disposal as possible when it comes to tuning. The wideband + knocklite is helping out a ton. Now I wish I had a scan gauge to look at my fuel trims!
Old 09-06-2012, 09:50 AM   #90
Jim511
3.3L

Whenever you get a chance do you mind shooting me a pm with the exact led's you've used so far throughout the car? Been lookin around and theres so many fancy shmancy styles of bulbs my brains fried thinkin of what to use. Thanks!