Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

Meet Mysti and Dazy: Mykul's EJ257/6MT RSTI Sedan and 99 EJ257 SF5!

369K views 3K replies 152 participants last post by  equinox92 
#1 · (Edited)
Update 9/13/16:
Mysti is enjoying a much needed vacation. After 50,000 miles of daily driver abuse, something finally broke. See the details on page whatever here

Update 9/27/12:
Finally got around to cleaning up the first few posts. Driving the car every day; she's an absolute animal. Currently at stage 2, 20 PSI, ~280WHP.

Most recent shots:

Mod List:
Engine:
2007 STI EJ257 w/ VF43 turbo
Invidia divorced downpipe w/cat
Borla Hush catback

Drivetrain:
2007 STI 6MT w/DCCD
2007 STI R180 rear diff
Kartboy short shifter

Suspension:
2007 STI Struts w/ RCE Black springs
Whiteline 24mm adjustable RSB
Whiteline 24mm adjustable FSB
Kartboy endlinks
Prothane bushings throughout

Brakes:
2007 STI Brembo calipers
2007 STI stock rotors/pads

Wheels/Tires:
2007 STI Gold BBS wheels 17x8"
Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R tires 245/40-17

2007 STI Silver BBS wheels 17x8"
Nexen Winguard Sport tires 225/45-17

Exterior:
Genuine C-WEST V6 front lip
Genuine V6 STI front grille
STI front emblem
STI rear emblem
Hella Supertones
Replica V5 STI rear wing
JDM STI tail lights
Genuine V6 STI rear bumper (not installed)
Genuine JDM STI front aeroguards (not installed)
Genuine JDM STI rear aeroguards (not installed)
SOA sunroof deflector

Interior:
2007 STI instrument cluster
2007 STI front seats
2007 STI rear seats
2007 STI carpet
2007 STI dash and center console
ATI triple gauge clock pod
Defi 60mm BF Series Boost Gauge
Defi 60mm BF Series Exhaust Temp Gauge
Defi LINK Controller
ValentineOne Radar Detector :devil:

Other
2007 STI XPT Stage 2 map (20psi)
KSTech Secondary Air Pump Delete

Attachments

See less See more
#276 ·
Positively!

someone call my name?

and damn you got a amazing donor car, couldnt ask for much more lol
:rotflmao:

I agree! Just need to source a couple "conversion" parts for the swap, doesn't seem like anything's broken *fingers crossed*

How much was your lip?

You will love the car when it's running. Your donor is in excelent shape.
Don't forget to swap steering rack...it feels way nicer.

Are you swapping full interior?
I'll PM you on the lip.

I hope to love it when it's running! And yes, anything that can be swapped is being swapped. Full interior, drivetrain, suspension, everything. :)

#283 ·
here ya go:
Oliver Prince Smith (October 26, 1893 – December 25, 1977) was a General in the United States Marine Corps and a highly decorated combat veteran of World War II and the Korean War. He is most noted for commanding the 1st Marine Division during the Battle of Chosin Reservoir, where he said "Retreat, hell! We're not retreating, we're just advancing in a different direction."[1] He retired at the rank of four-star general, being advanced in rank for having been specially commended for heroism in combat.

#288 ·
Felt like this semester just wouldn't end! And I'd say yes on "getting my hands dirty," but with 34k miles I barely have to wear gloves :lol:

So you are girl :p

Okay I just needed a comment to subscribe lol

-crash
Thanks for subbing, cutie ;)

Man, I hope I get half as many goodies as you're finding!

Looking sweet though. Gonna recoup some funds on the stuff you can sell off the Sti! I'll be doing the same soon!
The best I can make out is that the previous owner removed the gauges when the car was totaled, but didn't have the time/know-how to remove the sender unit. Can't tell if it's for boost or oil yet.

Thankfully everything I'm parting out is in MINT condition, so I won't be haggling too much on prices :D

#291 ·
Lol Pierre :p

So I'm putting together a list of everything I need to buy to finish the swap. So far:

- Axleback (probably going with a TBE)
- 90-91 Legacy 4WD Rear Top Hats (for STI struts/springs)
- DBW Pedal Adapter
- Rear sway bar mounts (bent in accident)
- STI badges all around (because racecar)
- 1x 245/40-17 Bridgestone Potenze RE-01R

#298 ·
Just snapped the driver's front ABS wire in half while hammering the aftermarket camber bolt out of the hub :facepalm:. Ah well, at least it's out! :lol:

Might be picking up an exhaust in a couple of days, but more importantly:

That Defi sender up there ^^^, found sensors going to the exhaust manifold, oil line, and BPV. Meaning the car is already wired for EGT, Boost, and Oil Pressure gauges. I even found the wiring harness for a Defi controller under the dash.

Guess I kinda have to buy one now :lol:

#304 ·
Everytime I see your build journal it reminds me that this is EXACTLY the way that I want to do my swap. Find me a nice RS coupe and then get a wrecked doner STi and just slowly swap everything over. No need to go and find parts here and there or mix and match components. Everythings right there. I bet you cannot wait to have this project complete :)

#305 ·
^Thanks TGF!!! :D

Speaking of the donor, found some more goodies underneath today!

This would explain why I swore I heard an exhaust leak at the midpipe :facepalm:. Looks like I'm going with a TBE!

Found these red bushings on the tranny crossmember - Prothane?

Kartboy Short Shifter?

***BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY OF ALL***
No pictures for these, but I've found Defi senders for EGT, boost, and oil pressure. I've also found all the connectors for a Defi controller under the driver's side dash. Looks like the previous owner removed the gauges and controller but left all the wiring for me :banana:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.