Ty's RS - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Ty's RS

Old 12-06-2011, 01:52 PM   #11
Newb
2.5L

Fav Mod: foglight bumper
Trader Rating: (0)

nice man love the color, what is the color exactly???
might have to copy the color when i paint my wagon
Newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #12
Tyrus3
3.3L

Trader Rating: (34)

Thanks everyone! I am hoping to get some winter mode pics up soon. The car is super dirty right now though. I really like the look of the JDM goldies painted silver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevosnowsti View Post
I'm surprised that transmission is holding up with a 20g.
I don't push it too hard and have had zero issues. Hopefully posting that won't jinx me, lol. The boost doesn't hit until around 4-4.5k anyway. Eventually I'd like to put in a 6 speed and a 16G. There was a great deal locally on a 6MT earlier this year but a great deal for the tranny/hubs/diff is still $$!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newb View Post
nice man love the color, what is the color exactly???
might have to copy the color when i paint my wagon
It's a BMW SGM. I think the paint code is 400. The car had a v5/v6 rear wing when I bought it. I had a shop paint a coupe wing and replaced it. Since it wasn't an OEM paint job they took the fuel door and matched the paint that way. If you're painting the whole car it shouldn't be an issue though.
Tyrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #13
enjoiskate
2.0L

Car: 99 RS
Fav Mod: 11.2:1 Compression
Trader Rating: (0)

very clean car. im torn between painting my car this color or blue steel mica but after looking at your car im leaning more toward the BMW color.
enjoiskate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:08 PM   #14
Tyrus3
3.3L

I didn't get a chance to wash the outside of the car tonight but I swept out the mats and cleaned up the engine bay a bit. The engine bay wasn't that dirty which was surprising since I haven't cleaned it out in a while and the hood scoop and vents have a clean run into the bay. The I/C seems to be picking up a few more wounds lately. I might have to look into that soon.

Old 12-06-2011, 09:23 PM   #15
sooch
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: 20k
Trader Rating: (14)

god damnit i want that nardi steering wheel!!
sooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 04:50 PM   #16
bl00
3.3L

Trader Rating: (6)

Love those seats! Clean engine bay too!
bl00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:27 PM   #17
Tyrus3
3.3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooch View Post
god damnit i want that nardi steering wheel!!
I actually didn't like it at first, it has grown on me though and I don't think I could go back to an OEM RS wheel now. I see the Nardi's pretty frequently in the classifieds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl00 View Post
Love those seats! Clean engine bay too!
The seats are awesome! I checked US ebay, UK ebay and Japan ebay for roughly 3 months before I found a nice set. I got them for "relatively" cheap, ~$500usd if I recall from Japan. The car came with tiger stripes which are about the same seat. I like the look of the dark gray/gray seats better though. They always kind of show up white-ish in pictures but they are more a light gray.

The car doesn't have a headliner now. I picked up one last week with some Subaru bucks. I prepped some of the interior tonight for the install tomorrow. I was worried about removing the visor mounts since I heard they are a pita, but they were super easy. Maybe after one or more removals they get easier. I should be able to pull the rear seats, B and C column trim and temp install it. I'll need to mark up the oval for the roof scoop and cut that out.

I already took out the visors otherwise I would check it tonight. It looks like some of the hardware to mount the scoop might interfere with the headliner. I hope not. There could be some issues with the dome light too. The wiring is there but with different harnesses and the mount doesn't fit. We'll see how it goes tomorrow I guess.

Last edited by Tyrus3; 12-07-2011 at 05:38 PM..
Old 12-09-2011, 07:03 PM   #18
Tyrus3
3.3L

Hmm, I must have been out of it when I last checked. The harnesses match up for the dome light. The mounting location however does not. It shouldn't be too much of a problem though. I plan to have the headliner in by Monday evening. It will require some temp installing and cutting. Unfortunately there will be some holes where the o shit! bars and hangar holders are but oh well. I guess I could try to splice in some remnants from the hole that I cut out for the scoop. I'm not sure if I'm that inclined to do that now though. We shall see.

I finished this book a week or two ago. I think it's a good read for enthusiasts (car or bike). The beginning is kind of meh; it's like he feels the need to use big words in each sentence to be taken seriously. It gets better and is a good book IMO. It's currently ~$10 on Amazon and ~$5 used on half.com. I have no affiliation with the book/publisher/author btw.

My favorite quote from the book. I think we all can relate. No offense to the Japanese of course, in context he was working on a Japanese bike.

Last edited by Tyrus3; 12-09-2011 at 08:29 PM..
Old 12-12-2011, 03:04 PM   #19
Tyrus3
3.3L

Hmm, at least Subaru drivers can park.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #20
bl00
3.3L

Trader Rating: (6)

^LOL