Ty's RS - Page 11 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Ty's RS

Old 06-18-2014, 05:58 PM   #101
Tyrus3
3.3L

Trader Rating: (34)

Nice view of the Space Needle at least....face_palm. Upper radiator hose decided it didn't want to stay connected anymore so I5 has some more coolant on it. Wife renewed AAA about 3 days ago, lol.

Tyrus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-21-2017, 02:01 PM   #102
nme187
Premium Member

Car: 991 GT3
Trader Rating: (2)

I pop in from time to time hoping to see updates on the GC, how's it going man?
Old 01-15-2018, 01:37 PM   #103
Tyrus3
3.3L

lol, only 7 months later. SMH, sorry about that. I'm not on the site much as you can tell; two little ones at home do that I guess. Crap, it looks like most of my photos are gone or I'll have to see about photobucket. I don't recall the last time I even went to that site.

I'm good! I still have the RS, going strong although I don't drive it much. Hopefully I'll make a track day or AutoX this summer.

There's not much as far as changes/updates. The paint is peeling on the front lip. I have a set of aeroguards that need paint so I'll probably try to do it all at once. I also still need to figure out how to attach the hole covers in the headliner since there's nothing to attach it to on the roof side, lol.

How are you doing? It looks like you still have the FD? Also moved out of UT?

Last edited by Tyrus3; 01-15-2018 at 01:42 PM..
Old 02-01-2018, 08:53 PM   #104
Tyrus3
3.3L

Ah, family in town so I can drive the RS daily for a couple days.

Good news: I still love driving the car.
Bad news(?): I checked some paperwork when I got home. I've put 5,912 miles on the car since 11/29/2012.
Old 12-20-2018, 12:03 AM   #105
nme187
Premium Member

Car: 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrus3 View Post
lol, only 7 months later. SMH, sorry about that. I'm not on the site much as you can tell; two little ones at home do that I guess. Crap, it looks like most of my photos are gone or I'll have to see about photobucket. I don't recall the last time I even went to that site.

I'm good! I still have the RS, going strong although I don't drive it much. Hopefully I'll make a track day or AutoX this summer.

There's not much as far as changes/updates. The paint is peeling on the front lip. I have a set of aeroguards that need paint so I'll probably try to do it all at once. I also still need to figure out how to attach the hole covers in the headliner since there's nothing to attach it to on the roof side, lol.

How are you doing? It looks like you still have the FD? Also moved out of UT?
Hah I guess I'll keep the trend going, only 12 months later. You're busy with life which is all good man.

That's great to hear you still have the RS; I still miss that car. Whenever you feel like parting ways with it keep me in mind!

I'm doing fantastic. The wife got into medical school in Las Vegas which we've been here now for 6 years. Shes also Air force in residency so we may be moving around in next few years. I sold the FD a year ago, after putting a 3 rotor in it. Afterwards I got a 997 Turbo Porsche stage 2 which was fantastic car but not exactly what I wanted so 6 months later I bought a 991 GT3 Porsche which I absolutely adore. Do you have an Instagram account? If so hit me up @bufferovrflo.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:11 PM   #106
Tyrus3
3.3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by nme187 View Post
Hah I guess I'll keep the trend going, only 12 months later. You're busy with life which is all good man.

That's great to hear you still have the RS; I still miss that car. Whenever you feel like parting ways with it keep me in mind!

I'm doing fantastic. The wife got into medical school in Las Vegas which we've been here now for 6 years. Shes also Air force in residency so we may be moving around in next few years. I sold the FD a year ago, after putting a 3 rotor in it. Afterwards I got a 997 Turbo Porsche stage 2 which was fantastic car but not exactly what I wanted so 6 months later I bought a 991 GT3 Porsche which I absolutely adore. Do you have an Instagram account? If so hit me up @bufferovrflo.
Sounds good man. I'm not on IG, or much social media for that matter. Car is wrecked but driveable at the moment sitting in my garage. I tore it down but just need to get time to get it to a shop to see the true damage (read: $$) is. Free time isn't really a thing with young children. We shall see.

Last edited by Tyrus3; 02-26-2019 at 05:14 PM..
Old 07-06-2019, 07:19 PM   #107
Tyrus3
3.3L

Terrible phone pic, but we're back in business!

Need new license tabs, 60k service, swap out the v7's for the summer BBS, etc, etc, but glad to have her back. New house/garage too!

Last edited by Tyrus3; 07-06-2019 at 07:27 PM..
Old 07-06-2019, 10:44 PM   #108
johnxx
2.5L

Car: '96 OBS
Fav Mod: EJ204!

Glad to see it got repaired. It looks great! I'm terrified of mine getting hit and totaled out for less than the parts on it. :S Probably time for me to look at insuring it for declared value I guess ...
johnxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 12:01 PM   #109
Tyrus3
3.3L

Thanks! I'm glad to have it back. Both were considered at fault in the accident so I didn't go through insurance. They would have totaled it.