Equinox's RBP V8 EJ207 STi Swapped RSTi - Twinscroll Braps Inside - Page 250 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Equinox's RBP V8 EJ207 STi Swapped RSTi - Twinscroll Braps Inside

Old 08-24-2019, 08:15 AM   #2491
equinox92
They call me Garrett

Fav Mod: Park Bench
Trader Rating: (53)

Added the picture of the grease spray to the above post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyblueRS View Post
Lemme git.
I've got a few sets printed, send your cluster to me and I'll toss em in the box!
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2019, 10:51 AM   #2492
BettyblueRS
I ❤ BOOBIES

Fav Mod: por15
Trader Rating: (25)

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox92 View Post

I've got a few sets printed, send your cluster to me and I'll toss em in the box!
ooh right, keep forgetting I have to do that! Sounds like a plan!
Old 09-03-2019, 04:15 PM   #2493
equinox92
They call me Garrett

iWire GC/GD IC Cowl

Caved in and finally bought something instead of making my own. Bolted right on of course, and i had to bend the frontmost fin a bit to get it to fit right on the JDM IC.

Wish it was a bit thicker, and you could still see the material stamping on the metal, but not terrible for a small place like iWire and I'm happy to support them. It looks like they took styling from Zerosports and from the later GD models for the scooping and shrouds which makes it look really neat. Also wish the corners were connected on the interface with the intercooler, but again it's gonna work just fine.

Stoked!

Old 09-04-2019, 12:54 AM   #2494
bue car

Fav Mod: Which car?
Trader Rating: (174)

Oh you fancy huh.

Looks good!
Old 09-04-2019, 06:32 AM   #2495
BettyblueRS
I ❤ BOOBIES

Fav Mod: por15
Trader Rating: (25)

so cleannnn
Old 09-09-2019, 03:49 PM   #2496
equinox92
They call me Garrett

Got the RE71rs on the car this weekend. They feel niiiiiice. Will be able to properly asses in a few weeks at The Speed Ring
Old 09-09-2019, 03:54 PM   #2497
breadandbutter
2.2L

Fav Mod: Shop to work in
Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox92 View Post
Got the RE71rs on the car this weekend. They feel niiiiiice. Will be able to properly asses in a few weeks at The Speed Ring
What brakes are you running with those tires on track?
breadandbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:18 AM   #2498
equinox92
They call me Garrett

The Speed Ring - M1 Concourse - September 21,2019

So this event is pretty cool. Basically a normal time attack event, however winners get some cash. Usually I wouldn't have bothered with this event since it bring in a lot of heavy hitters (because money is on the table), and the track is very tight without a whole lot of room for mistakes with a costly consequence. This year they decided to bring in a new type of competition format called "Street Sprints". The only classing rules were tire width and a 200tw minimum tire. Everything else was open. I decided to sign up for the 245 and under tire class.

Format was an "autox" but it was just a standing start on 3/4 of the track and a small gate on the back straight to "keep speeds down". The gate didn't REALLY slow anyone down, but I did have to let off a bit so take that for what it's worth.

Anyways:

The day before the event I decided to come down with some sort of super virus and was really sick and not convinced I was getting out of bed to go. I scrubbed bleeding my brakes and prepping the car past pulling out the floormats, chugged some Nyquil and went to bed at 9pm. I woke up a bit late but managed to make it to the track. Sidenote: Trying to wipe snot running out your nose hole while in a full face helmet is a real pain in the ass.

We put on some yitzy stickers and a window banner and lined up and cycled through people like any autox would. I had never been on the track before and definitely took some getting used to. The only issue I was really having was the suuuuper hot intake temps from waiting in a line of cars idling after a hot lap. I think I was launching the car off at an intake temp of around 180 *F.

Halfway through the event a small storm cell came through, put a couple drops down and chilled everything off. The car started to shine after this.

All in all I ended up 7th out of 26 in class and 23rd out of 54 overall. Kind of a cop out here, but the top 3 were stacked with guys also running their cars in Time attack. The people who ended up taking the cash for the event also ended up taking the big cash for their respective time attack classes too. Kinda wish they wouldn't allow time attack competitors to also enter in the sprints, because it really seemed like a non effort win for them and took away the spirit of the competition for the guys that chose to run this event because they can't compete with the time attack. Ah well..

Times can be found here: CLASS-RESULTS-FINAL.pdf - Google Drive

Past the top 3, the other 7 cars in the top 10 were within a second of each other. The top 3 guys were 2-4 seconds faster

I missed a trophy by .2 seconds... grrrr not again! I blame my sickness (and also my lack of driver mod ).

The car ran great, had some pretty aggressive knock during a launch control event, so I maybe need to somehow get more fuel to flow during that. RE71Rs are absolute monsters. They gripped like hell and I don't think I drove them as hard as they could have been driven. I also wouldn't mind going back to M1 for some proper laps, but boy are those walls terrifying.

Here's some (I'll upload more later) logs of my runs: datazap.me | equinox92 | Speed Ring 2019 - Upload 1

Here's a fun video:

Thanks to my buddy Darryl for taking some awesome pics (bottom two)

Next year I want to come back to this event harder and faster and get a trophy at minimum, or be in the top 3 for some cash at best.

Last edited by equinox92; 09-28-2019 at 08:00 AM..
equinox92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:03 PM   #2499
RavensFan77
Premium Member

Car: 2001 Subaru Impreza L coupe
Fav Mod: Ej205
Trader Rating: (1)

That looks like a fun course. Fast too.

Looking at the log, Iíd guess the knock during launch control was caused by the high IATís. You can see it started pulling timing a bit after you went 100% throttle for launch control....nearing 160*F.....it pulled -2.11, then kept stepping down until it hit -8.44.

If that hasnít happened on launch control before, I wouldnít worry about it. Probably just hot ass air messing with it. Could be some engine noise/vibrations too, but those IATís are kinda high.

Thereís more fine knock in that log, but Iím pretty sure itís all learned values from that earlier launch control event. It pulls timing at roughly the same rpm/loads during your actual driving as that launch control knock. Once you get past a certain rpm/load, thereís no knock at all.....and the IAM is at 16 the whole time. Looks good to me!
RavensFan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 05:11 PM   #2500
equinox92
They call me Garrett

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavensFan77 View Post
That looks like a fun course. Fast too.

Looking at the log, Iíd guess the knock during launch control was caused by the high IATís. You can see it started pulling timing a bit after you went 100% throttle for launch control....nearing 160*F.....it pulled -2.11, then kept stepping down until it hit -8.44.

If that hasnít happened on launch control before, I wouldnít worry about it. Probably just hot ass air messing with it. Could be some engine noise/vibrations too, but those IATís are kinda high.

Thereís more fine knock in that log, but Iím pretty sure itís all learned values from that earlier launch control event. It pulls timing at roughly the same rpm/loads during your actual driving as that launch control knock. Once you get past a certain rpm/load, thereís no knock at all.....and the IAM is at 16 the whole time. Looks good to me!

Oh yeah, hot as hell IAT + lean mixtures. Sounds exactly right to me. I wasn't worried about it at all. It learned it's way back to no timing pull in a few other runs.