Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

1999 Black Impreza Outback Sport!

27K views 60 replies 19 participants last post by  Clarke Kid 
#1 · (Edited)
I am starting a journal for my 1999 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport. Prior to buying to this car I had the luxury of leasing both a 2008 Subaru Impreza Hatchback and then a 2009 Subaru Impreza WRX sedan (sadly not the 265 but the 227). This was my first taste of what subaru had to offer and I was hooked. Shortly after returning my lease I was stuck without a car and wasn't sure what I wanted to do, then I cam across this jem.

It was a one owner, hardly driven and ONLY dealer serviced subaru with all the records, winter tires and rims and the car was in fantastic shape with just 113,00kms. I had to buy it and BOY am I glad I did.

These were the pictures the guy who sold me the car sent me before I went to look at it.

I have many plans for this car in the future but for the next few years to come it is going to be a daily driver.

I have already done rather simple but necessary improvements such as....

Smoke license plate cover
Debadge the gold outback sticker on trunk(looks so much cleaner)
Tints 35% all the way around
Installed SONY XPLODE Deck cause I don't have cassettes anymore, lol
Installed GF8 taillights

These were the quickest things I could do to it thus far and as is I love it, but got lots of work to do.

On Order I have.

Depo Chrome housing Clear corners and side markers coming, should be installed in a week or two.
Factory fog light assembly brand new from dealer and will be installed also in a week or two.

Now my to do list....... P.S. I am always open to suggestions and actively searching for these mods

Cold air intake
Exhaust system
Front Lip spoiler
17" Alloy wheels
Clear Bumper signal lights(impossible to find)
Lowering springs

This is my quick short list of things I am ready to do for now. Down the road of course this car will be totally converted with an STI motor, tranny and brakes.

Here is what i am thinking of right now as a potential rim for this car in the upcoming spring. 17" of course.

Anyway here is my first layout of things to come and I will continue to update this post as things get knocked off my list.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
HAHAHA, damn right, i live outside of Hamilton but have been in Ontario my whole life, women here are crazy hot and well flat out crazy, lol

I see your in Canada too, where ya at?

P.S If you ever visit Quebec City bring a towel and a change of shorts :drool: Women there break necks and cause accidents

#17 ·
Make sure to consider weights on wheels when picking.

Also DO A 2.5 SWAP! it's cheap and easy and the car is so much nicer once done!
Thanks I will, good call wasn't even thinking that, So how much weight is too much? 2.5 SWAP FOR SURE!, but my little 2.2L pulls nice for now and is a DD, once it goes Full swap will be in effect.

#21 ·
FINALLY, just got my clear corners (depo) and bumper signal lights, Stupid UPS lost my clear side marker lights so I have paid for them they have been shipped and UPS says they have been delivered, BUT NOPE, guess I am SOL.

Weekend can't come quick enough, time to install, fog lights, clear corners and bumper signal lights ( should also be side marker lights :( (but I ain't bitter) :letitout:

Pics to follow.

#24 ·
looking forward to more updates :) front end sexy time haha
Thanks guys,

News of the day, Found my clear side marker lights, some stupid law office picked them up from my friends mailbox thinking it was an employee's package.
I now have everything I ordered and tomorrow all my new shinny lights get installed :D

This little changing lights project is now running into a month long task, but whens it done I won't care :)

#29 ·
Thanks, I Got both off ebay, only place I could find them. The bumper turn signals are classic imprezza, search that and you'll find them.

i see what you mean with the square fog lights especially with it all matching clear. Looks great! :D
Yeah thanks thats why I had to go fog lamps to keep it clean and all the same lines and matchy matchy :)

my favorite color OBS! Clean car man
Thank you kind sir.

#30 ·
I got winters now wrapping the stockies and it will be my set up for winters moving forward but I got Plans for the next couple months heading into summer.

NGK Iridium plugs and NGK wires.

JDM front Bumper mesh grill (below)

Mount Front PU JDM Lip (below, best pic I could find)

Install Godspeed SC-024 16 Way Adjustable Coilovers

And Lastly gunna put these bad boys on for summer - DRIFZ 303H FX 17's with NEXEN N3000 Summer tires 215/45R17

Once this is all done I will run it this way till motor goes at which point 2.5swap is in order then comes engine mods.

Cant freaking wait.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.