99RS junkyard beater to 22B rep - Page 18 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
99RS junkyard beater to 22B rep

Old 10-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #171
omiotek
2.2L Turbo

Trader Rating: (9)

looking good man!!!!!!

where did you pick up the insulating stuff??? im looking for something to use in mine with the time comes... also what was the cost of something like that.
omiotek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2012, 11:36 AM   #172
skep18
3.3L

Trader Rating: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboynextdoor View Post
Enlighten me as to how one keeps minty fresh looking door jamb stickers? New stckers or just taped off the old ones?
skep18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #173
flyboynextdoor
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: DIY Aerosim widebody!
Trader Rating: (4)

Heres the Pics of the car 99% completed.
Still have the Front rally flaps, the roof trim and some other odds and ends to install. Overall I'm really happy with the end result. It feerls like a new car.
The paint came out much better than the paint job I did last year. The body kit almost looks stock from some angles but looks so sweet from other angles. Without looking at all ricey. It was alot of work but I'm happy. Proof that almost anyone can install one of these kits with enough time and planning.

For the winter the car isnt going to change much. It almost feels like snow here today and the temps are close to freezing already. It may get a new engine and maybe some rear wheel spacers over the winter.

For next Spring I'm thinking about a matching 22B replica spoiler. Although the RS spoiler doesn't look too bad on there. I got ripped of once already for a replica spoiler so I'm in no hurry to spend again.
Maybe getting the rims coated in gold. I like the black wheels with pearl white, very modern look. But I like the look of the 22B goldies too.
Kinda torn on that one.

Enjoy the pics.

flyboynextdoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:38 AM   #174
flyboynextdoor
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by omiotek View Post
looking good man!!!!!!

where did you pick up the insulating stuff??? im looking for something to use in mine with the time comes... also what was the cost of something like that.
Any home improvement store should have it. It was like $20 bucks here so if youre in the States it will be even cheaper.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #175
George.of.the.Jungle
Baby❤Daddy

Fav Mod: BOOOOOOST!!
Trader Rating: (75)

very nice. i like that a lot.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:40 AM   #176
skep18
3.3L

I agree with rear spacers. And maybe pink front grille emblem? but that maybe just preference to match the other Sti pink lettering on the front.

But overall, very nice job man!
Old 10-01-2012, 11:44 AM   #177
flyboynextdoor
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep18 View Post
Enlighten me as to how one keeps minty fresh looking door jamb stickers? New stckers or just taped off the old ones?
This one was new after painting the door jams. If you read it closely you could see its a joke about Subarus and big smiles. On the other side I taped over the factory ID plate and Tire pressure sticker and cut around them with a razor blade to look sharp once the tape was peeled off.

Tip for painting: dont wait for the paint to dry before removing taped off areas, unless you're doing multiple coats. the tape will pull away some of the paint and ruin your edge. If you pull it off while the paint is still semi-wet you'll get a way nicer edge.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:51 AM   #178
skep18
3.3L

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboynextdoor View Post
This one was new after painting the door jams. If you read it closely you could see its a joke about Subarus and big smiles. On the other side I taped over the factory ID plate and Tire pressure sticker and cut around them with a razor blade to look sharp once the tape was peeled off.

Tip for painting: dont wait for the paint to dry before removing taped off areas, unless you're doing multiple coats. the tape will pull away some of the paint and ruin your edge. If you pull it off while the paint is still semi-wet you'll get a way nicer edge.
Nice. Yea, I pull tape the same when I'm doing any regular around the house painting as well.

But that leads me to another queston, lol. How many coats of white paint did you use on this paint job? Clear? Any wet sanding and reclear in there?
Old 10-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #179
flyboynextdoor
2.0L Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skep18 View Post
Nice. Yea, I pull tape the same when I'm doing any regular around the house painting as well.

But that leads me to another queston, lol. How many coats of white paint did you use on this paint job? Clear? Any wet sanding and reclear in there?
I did two coats of base white, two coats of metallic, then one coat of clear.
the only we sanding I did was on the base. On the doors which I had some trouble there is three coats of base white, and two coats of metallic,no clear. I ran out of time, patience, and paint lol. But I may clear them in the spring. The paint I used doesn't specifically require a clear coat but I like the extra protection for UV and road grit. The doors came out shinny enough so I'm not disappointed. There is a plane going in my work space right now So I had to get it out of there. In the spring I may spend some more time on the paint but right now I'm exhausted from the project. It was by far the most work I've ever done on a vehicle. Two months is what it took me and I spent more time in the shop than I spent at home or working. That said I dont regret it.
Happy to be driving it now!
Old 10-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #180
flyboynextdoor
2.0L Turbo

12mm spacers should bolt up no fuss with stock studs???