With the quarter panels in place I need to attach the side skirts. I thought of some different ways to do this. Eariler I welded some angle brackets along under the doors so I could screw them on later. But after seeing how well the quarters bonded and riveted on I decided to use the same tecnique.
I used some aluminum strips and bent them up to match the steel brackets I already welded on.
I cut them to fit between the distance between brackets. Just likle the steel quarter panels you should score them up really well so the epoxy will bond properly. I then drilled the holes for the rivets and used standard domed head SS rivets. 3 per rail. This should give the side skirts a strong place to sit and bond to the car, also it will provide the bondo a place to set up against so it will be easy to blend them into the car.
I decided I wanted to have removable front fenders so I cut the front of the side skirts off and Will bond/rivet them to the front fenders. Then put a sleve inside the front portion of the side skirt to slide the fender onto and eliminate the huge gap that would otherwise be there.
Here the side skirt is test fitted to the rest of the car with the fender portion cut off.
Heres the driver side with the side skirt bonded on and the and the front fender portion attached to the fender. There is no sleeve under the gap yet. I did this after the front fenders got removed.
The passenger side with the fender removed and the sleeve installed. I had to hand form these pieces and bond/rivet them in. But at least I can pull off my fenders later.