181stLeader's World Rally Blue Widebody Coupe! - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
181stLeader's World Rally Blue Widebody Coupe!

Old 11-17-2011, 12:54 PM   #51
Tim.Flat4
2.0L Turboner

Fav Mod: Less = More
Trader Rating: (20)

How is the 6-speed matted to the 1.8? I've always been curious what it would be like.

Awesome build by the way. I love seeing members that use their cars while they're building, emphasis on being used.
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2011, 07:35 PM   #52
2 Door
I ❤ BOOBIES

Fav Mod: A career
Trader Rating: (18)

Nice David!!!!! How long will it take to ship it to you? Lemme know when you are going to swap the engines Ill drive to your place to help out.
2 Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 07:47 PM   #53
jbug
2.2L

Fav Mod: Dccdpro
Trader Rating: (2)

so funny were rocking the same year, the same engine, and we both have like 10+ colors on the car. i owe a lot of wrenching hours with how much you helped me with mine so lemme know man. Im sure it will all go pretty easy.
jbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 09:53 PM   #54
181stLeader
Premium Member

Fav Mod: Aerosim Carbon Widebody
Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim.Flat4 View Post
How is the 6-speed matted to the 1.8? I've always been curious what it would be like.

Awesome build by the way. I love seeing members that use their cars while they're building, emphasis on being used.
Its not bad. you can launch it no worries hahaa! The 6MT has similar gear ratios to the RS. So its pretty much like an RS with an extra overdrive gear. I cruise at 3k at 80mph.

Heck yeah, I'm not building it to just look at hahaha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Door View Post
Nice David!!!!! How long will it take to ship it to you? Lemme know when you are going to swap the engines Ill drive to your place to help out.
It should take about a week or so to ship it. I want to get my harness back from iwire before I give full payment for the motor. I should have the harness by next week. So I'm aiming to install the motor first week of Dec. or so. I'll take all the help I can get. I may start pulling out all the L motor and wiring before

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbug View Post
so funny were rocking the same year, the same engine, and we both have like 10+ colors on the car. i owe a lot of wrenching hours with how much you helped me with mine so lemme know man. Im sure it will all go pretty easy.
Hell yeah! 95L FTW!

No problem, glad I could help. I got some knowledge out of helping you out so it helped me too. I'm not looking foreward to properly fitting the RS dash. I think there is gonna be a bit of welding to be done. Like I said any extra help would be sweet.

Last edited by 181stLeader; 11-17-2011 at 09:56 PM..
181stLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #55
012.5RS
2.2L Turbo

Fav Mod: EJ205
Trader Rating: (17)

car looks really good man, good work so far.
Old 11-19-2011, 08:33 AM   #56
GeronimoRS
3.3L

Fav Mod: muffler delete
Trader Rating: (7)

Lovin your car. Jealous of the 6sp and future 207 swap. Sounds like you know your way around a toolbox. You make this stuff sound easy. Awesome finish at Subiefest with the 1.8!
Old 11-29-2011, 12:58 AM   #57
181stLeader
Premium Member

Got my merged wiring harness back from IWire last night so I started ripping all the L stuff out today. I got the 1.8 out finally.

The mandatory standing int eh engine bay shot:

I think my car was sad to see the 1.8L go, it shed a single tear when I ripped out the 1.8...

I also got a good start on reinstalling the merges RS harness. I'll post up some more pics later.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:51 AM   #58
2 Door
I ❤ BOOBIES

I think thats a tear of happyness lol. Man Im jealous, you need to give me a ride once you get it all situated. Are you going to get it bar'd before you get it tuned? Whats your plan with that? I remeber us talking about what you gotta do to it to fool the smogman but the state ref might be a bitch. Or you gunna worry about that later?
Old 11-29-2011, 10:15 AM   #59
181stLeader
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Door View Post
I think thats a tear of happyness lol. Man Im jealous, you need to give me a ride once you get it all situated. Are you going to get it bar'd before you get it tuned? Whats your plan with that? I remeber us talking about what you gotta do to it to fool the smogman but the state ref might be a bitch. Or you gunna worry about that later?
I do plan on getting it bar'd. I will at the very least need to swap to the following:
  • USDM exhaust manifold
  • WRX Uppipe,
  • TD04 turbo(any stock location USDM turbo will work)
  • stock USDM Downpipe
  • WRX ECU
I should swap to the WRX intake manifold too, but its a major pain in the butt to swap. So I'm gonna try to pass without swapping the intake manifold first.

As for the tune, I'm getting a eTune from clark turner(that will be on my JDM STi ECU). I'll have a tune made just to pass the ref on the USDM 02 WRX ECU. I'll probably have Steve from 7L make the tune for the WRX ECU.
Old 11-29-2011, 10:24 AM   #60
2 Door
I ❤ BOOBIES

Nice, def worth doing all that. That twin scroll should be fun in auto-cross.