Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

yoshi's RBP 99 rs

25K views 191 replies 17 participants last post by  Combat Chuck 
#1 · (Edited)
So i guess i will start with a little history of me and subarus. the first car i ever remember riding in was an 82 gl in grey. we had to get rid of that car cause of me. :( then about the time i was 12 or so my parents got subaru number 2 which is a 91 legacy that my mom still drives today. during high school i learned how to drive on the 91 and really liked the car. but much to my dismay my parents made me buy my first car which wasn't a suby :( the fall of 07 i started looking for a nice car i had not liked any of mine that i had owned before. The one thing i knew was i liked turbos and knew a bit about them. so i set out to look for a wrx taking three months to find her. I found a nice little silver wagon that was a 04 no wreck history and a nice young lady owned it. i got the first loan i could and bought the car sadly two months later a drunk driver was speeding up my street behind me and went to pass me as i was turning into the driveway totaling both car instantly. i was heart broken and didn't want to touch another suby for a long time. after a year away from the car scene i started looking at older imprezas and found i would really like a 99 rs in of course a two door. so i was talking to one of my managers at work and she said she had one that had some bad history. no wrecks but someone was going to pay them off for the car and never did so they still had the title. i blew it off thinking ya she was full of it. then one day she came in and said hey i got the car on yesterday are you interested i said yes. when i saw it was a 99 rbp rs i feel in love, then i found her down falls the engine had a rod out the block and the trans was toast,it was a 4eat. i told her i would give her a thousand dollars for it. she took it and i got my dream 99 rs. i got the car home much to my parents dismay again and pulled the engine. it was destroyed the heads were bad the only parts i could use was the intake and exhaust :( i grabbed the first short block i could find which was a ej22 n/a motor and got some 2.5 rs heads on it put it together and tried driving it. i failed i forgot to tighten a cam gear and it broke :( thinking i just ruined a head i just bought i took the motor back apart and found i got lucky on the head it was fine so i pulled everything trans and motor. i wanted a turbo from the start so i started buying turbo parts for the car as i worked my way up to getting the engine done i found a ej22t out of a 93 legacy . i had a shop build the short block and i ordered a wrx 5 speed trans :) i finally got the car together a month back and have been driving it the last month. i am so glad i have stayed with subarus after all this time :clap:

car:
99 rs coupe RBP

Exterior
Jdm Sport bumper
Clear corners
Clear side markers
STI badge in grill

Interior
stockish
sti carpet
momo shift knob
manual trans pedals
crown royal shift boot
Prosport boost and oil pressure gauges
Yoshi

motor
ej22t
weisco pistons
powder coated wrx intake red
tgv deletes
phase II rs heads
wrx stock td-04 turbo header down pipe
magnaflow cat back for 07 sti
stage 2 clutch
Diy up pipe cat delete
Cobb & gimmicks silicon intake all t-bolted together
Sti Top mount intercooler

suspension
SPT lowering springs on kyb gr-2's
white line rear lockdown and bushing kit
steering rack bushing kit whiteline
ralli-tek wrx sway bar kit
Soon to be koni sport inserts in stock bodys power coated pink
TIC strut insert drops

ice
kenwood deck
infinity front speakers
jl audio w3 dual voice coil sub

day one i think:

a few days ago trying out some new wheels

the old car i miss so much

there is alot more she still needs too but i have bored you guys and gals enough

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.