thegoldenfist's 05 Aspen White Impreza - Page 22 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
thegoldenfist's 05 Aspen White Impreza

Old 11-27-2010, 10:16 AM   #211
gray_scoob_punk
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: m62 Supercharger!
Trader Rating: (0)

Sounds great! I kind of miss my rumble but EL still sounds good. I would compare mine to the sound of a Porche.

Last edited by gray_scoob_punk; 11-27-2010 at 10:21 AM..
gray_scoob_punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2010, 10:19 AM   #212
ImBenDood
aka RoxyTheImpreza

Fav Mod: EVERYTHING!
Trader Rating: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegoldenfist View Post
Yeah it does look pretty sloppy but that will all disappear when I coat the entire system with high heat paint. Im gonna wrap the HFC pipe and possibly the resonator as well.

maybe they let the intern work on your car that day there you go again dissing my idea then end up doing it yourself and taking credit for it...
ImBenDood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 10:23 AM   #213
thegoldenfist
2.5L RS-T

Fav Mod: Cheeseburgers!
Trader Rating: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyTheImpreza View Post
maybe they let the intern work on your car that day there you go again dissing my idea then end up doing it yourself and taking credit for it...
My main muffler guy quit and went to Iraq on a contract so the guy that does all my work was his protégé. I only go to this muffler shop because they know my car.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:26 PM   #214
thegoldenfist
2.5L RS-T

Ive been waiting so long to get one of these SPT radiator shrouds. Finally a deal came up in our classifieds that I couldnt pass up. Thanks eekenterprises for the deal.

Here it is prepped and ready with the rubber gaskets ready to be installed.

Before:

After:

Very nice fitment and quality.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:13 AM   #215
thegoldenfist
2.5L RS-T

Default Oil Filter Relocation

OK, so alot of people know about how troublesome the Borla-Reps header may be with installing or removing your oil filter. Well, Ive done this mod along time ago and Ive never really did a correct DIY write-up for it. Sadly enough I didnt take pictures of the install but below are some afterwards that might help explain how it looks. I only did this modification after I wrapped my header. I didnt have a problem getting the OEM size filter on or off before that.

Parts you’re going to need:

Perma-Cool Oil Filter Relocation Kit or equivalent

K&N Performance Gold Oil Filter (K&N HP-3001)

A couple of feet of adequate oil/fuel grade hose (3/8") note: the filter relocation kit comes with some hose already but I chose to use a better premium type that has an extra protective outside layer. This hose doesn’t kink up when running bends while the one from the kit does.

Perma-Cool Hose Barb Fittings (90 degree bend)

Reel of heat tape, Teflon tape, 4 wide 3/8" hose clamps, zip ties

Heres what the kit should look like

This is the filter sandwich adapter with the two fitting attached. You want to attach the fittings first and then rotate the whole unit to the filter housing on the motor.

Then run your lines and make sure they go to the correct IN/OUT ports.

I also custom made a bracket out of 16ga steel to hold the filter relocator. I first made a template using thick cardboard to fine tune the fitment before I cut into the metal sheet. I then coated it with high heat wrinkle paint.

Here is a comparison on the two filters. Left is the Fram Subaru filter and on the right is the K&N Mustang filter. You’re going to be adding extra oil to your system and always make sure you fill your filter up before installing it onto your system.

Here is what it looks like when you install a sending unit plate.

I will add more to this as soon as I see something is missing but you get the idea.

Last edited by thegoldenfist; 11-30-2010 at 05:17 AM..
thegoldenfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 05:38 AM   #216
ImBenDood
aka RoxyTheImpreza

I like it... haha I should of kept mine... oh well... although If I were you I'd try to find a better place for it... as it is a PITA to take everything apart and try to get the filter on and off without spilling oil... or at least it was for me
Old 11-30-2010, 05:44 AM   #217
thegoldenfist
2.5L RS-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyTheImpreza View Post
I like it... haha I should of kept mine... oh well... although If I were you I'd try to find a better place for it... as it is a PITA to take everything apart and try to get the filter on and off without spilling oil... or at least it was for me
I cant help it if you've got little girly hands! JK bro. Its the best place I could find for it plus I might be able to find a smaller filter too.
Old 11-30-2010, 05:46 AM   #218
ImBenDood
aka RoxyTheImpreza

yea, $11 for a filter >.< crazy....
Old 12-01-2010, 02:22 AM   #219
Lano
2.0L

Car: 2005 Impreza 2.5 RS
Trader Rating: (0)

Golden Fist, how much faster is your 05 now compared to when you 1st got it?
Old 12-01-2010, 11:38 AM   #220
thegoldenfist
2.5L RS-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lano View Post
Golden Fist, how much faster is your 05 now compared to when you 1st got it?
Good question. The car has a little more pep to it versus when I first bought her. I went to the local drag strip before I did any power mods and before I knew how to launch an AWD car, I ran mid 15's. Now, its kind of hard to tell how much faster she's gotton due to my clutch slipping horribly. Once I get a new upgraded clutch and flywheel I will take her back to the track and we wil see. Im hoping low 15's or possibly high 14's. However, the most noticable night and day difference is going to have to be in the way it handles around corners. There are more suspension and bushing upgrades on my ride than engine/power mods. The way the car handled when stock was very mushy and comfortable. Now its a night and day differece.