In Stock - iWire GD and GR STi Intercooler Splitter for 1997-2001 Impreza Hoods! - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
In Stock - iWire GD and GR STi Intercooler Splitter for 1997-2001 Impreza Hoods!

Old 07-12-2017, 10:05 AM   #1
IWire
Premium Vendor

Fav Mod: Swap
Trader Rating: (23)
Default In Stock - iWire GD and GR STi Intercooler Splitter for 1997-2001 Impreza Hoods!

In Stock - iWire GD and GR STi Intercooler Splitter for 1997-2001 Impreza Hoods!

Once you swap your GC, itís critical to make sure the air is forced through the intercooler to maximize its effectiveness which translates to the engine making more power because of the colder air.

In our pursuit to build parts that bridge the gap between new and old, we have built an Intercooler Splitter with cutouts for optional water spray nozzles for 1997-2001 Impreza hoods. The splitter is designed to work with 2004-2007 USDM STi intercoolers and and 2008-20016 STi Intercoolers.

The base (1997-2001 Impreza hoods) will be standard and the gaskets (GD STi, GR STi) are interchangeable. So if you start with a GD STi intercooler and upgrade to a GR STi, you will only need to purchase one piece instead of the entire splitter which will save you money.

For those who are using this for a JDM V7-9 application, the USDM STi fitment is pretty good. The distance from front to back of the intercooler is a touch bigger but not enough to cause any issues. You can bend the front edge slightly to get more coverage.

You can see how easy the install is here

Colors available include stainless steel and black. Order yours today by clicking here!

Last edited by IWire; 07-19-2017 at 10:55 AM..
IWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2017, 04:56 PM   #2
Razor7
3.3L

Fav Mod: Version 5 Swap
Trader Rating: (5)

Just got mine in the mail - hopefully I'll post pictures soon.

This thing is legit - it perfectly mated to my GR intercooler and fit just right. Everything lined up and it didn't require any adjusting. Knowing that I'm actually forcing air through my intercooler is well worth the price.

Once again a great product by a standup team of guys led by Brian. I will *absolutely* by other products from them again in the future, and will recommend them for all harness merges.

-TC

Edit: as promised. Mind the dirty car...

Last edited by Razor7; 07-14-2017 at 09:02 PM..
Razor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2017, 05:34 PM   #3
IWire
Premium Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor7 View Post

This thing is legit - it perfectly mated to my GR intercooler and fit just right. Everything lined up and it didn't require any adjusting. Knowing that I'm actually forcing air through my intercooler is well worth the price.

Once again a great product by a standup team of guys led by Brian. I will *absolutely* by other products from them again in the future, and will recommend them for all harness merges.

-TC
Thanks TC! So glad you are happy. We have a few things you will probably appreciate coming down the pipeline.
Old 07-13-2017, 10:07 PM   #4
akcel
GC8 FTW

Car:
Trader Rating: (14)

Snazzy
Old 07-13-2017, 10:32 PM   #5
JdmGary
Authorized Vendor
Private Classifieds

Car: 2.5RS
Fav Mod: Swaybars
Trader Rating: (446)

much cheaper than others I've seen

bump for a solid vendor!
JdmGary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 09:25 AM   #6
IWire
Premium Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by akcel View Post
Snazzy
You need one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdmGary View Post
much cheaper than others I've seen

bump for a solid vendor!
Thanks!
Old 07-14-2017, 01:25 PM   #7
chado skins
1.8L

Car: 98RS +06STi
Trader Rating: (0)

any reviews on this?? WANT!!!!
chado skins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:49 PM   #8
IWire
Premium Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chado skins View Post
any reviews on this?? WANT!!!!
Here are 2. People are just starting to install them, but we can assure you that you'll be very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor7 View Post

-TC
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfalcon94 View Post
Mine came yesterday. I haven't fully installed it, but I set it in place to snap some pictures. First impressions:

- Seems like it was built well. Fits right inside the intercooler and the holes for the shroud line up with my hood.

- It makes me realize how close my bov must have been to my hood as the shroud sits right over my turbosmart bov. Hopefully it won't rattle against it, but I'm sure I could modify it somehow if it does.

- The design in an inner piece stuck inside an outer piece. They are held together with 4 screw bolts in the corner. I am going to tack the pieces together in a few spots just to strengthen it some and to prevent any vibrations/rattle.

- I run the bakemono scoop so I bought this assuming I'd have to modify the center divider to be slightly taller. However it looks to be just about dead center with the height of my scoop. So I'm going to leave that is which is a plus.

I'll work on it getting it fully installed later this week. The underside of my bakemono scoop needs some fiberglass work and sanding to make it more oem like. So far I'm very happy with this. I think your next projects should be a plug and play abs delete kit, and a plug and play IC sprayer kit

- Charlie

Old 07-14-2017, 09:18 PM   #9
Razor7
3.3L

Fav Mod: Version 5 Swap
Trader Rating: (5)

My review is simple:

It's a piece that's designed to do as it says - use your stock RS hood and scoop to force air into your intercooler. If you aren't running a V5 or 6 inetcooler (which if you're OBDII compliant, you aren't) then this mates up the proper intercooler with the proper scoop.

Can I say that it drastically changed my intake temps? No. Intake temps are read by the MAF which is upstream of the intercooler. I have no hard data to prove anything one way or another.

Can I say it theoretically lowers my charge air? Absolutely. Similar to how a radiator works, you need to force air through the intercooler for it to cool. This does a much better job at funneling air through your intercooler fins, rather than allowing the low-resistance zone around it eat up potential airflow.

I'll also say that it mounted directly to my stock scoop and require no adjustments. It's a 5 minute install, max.

TL;DR - If I had a second swapped GC I'd buy it again.

-TC

Last edited by Razor7; 09-29-2017 at 09:29 AM..
Razor7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 09:15 AM   #10
MilesToEmpty
Premium Member

Fav Mod: RSTI

iwire,

Im running the bakemono wrx sized hoodscoop with a v7 sti tmic. Any idea how this would fit for that setup?