iWire Intercooler Splitters with Water Spray Nozzle Mounting Points - Page 6 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
iWire Intercooler Splitters with Water Spray Nozzle Mounting Points

Old 06-23-2017, 10:04 AM   #51
AcquaCow
Ex-Mooderator

Car: 2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
Fav Mod: Koni/Gymkhana suspension.
Trader Rating: (11)

Hmm, didn't see any email updates, will have to dig for it. Else, acquacow at hotmail.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2017, 10:06 AM   #52
IWire
Premium Vendor

Fav Mod: Swap
Trader Rating: (23)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcquaCow View Post
Hmm, didn't see any email updates, will have to dig for it. Else, acquacow at hotmail.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Yep we have that in there. It'ls probably in the spam box. Shoot me an email if you can't find it. You've missed out on some ones.
IWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:54 PM   #53
Kaos22B
2.7L

Car: 1999 2.5RS
Trader Rating: (0)

I got mine....
Kaos22B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:32 AM   #54
fastfalcon94
2.7L

Trader Rating: (15)

Mine came yesterday. I haven't fully installed it, but I set it in place to snap some pictures. First impressions:

- Seems like it was built well. Fits right inside the intercooler and the holes for the shroud line up with my hood.

- It makes me realize how close my bov must have been to my hood as the shroud sits right over my turbosmart bov. Hopefully it won't rattle against it, but I'm sure I could modify it somehow if it does.

- The design in an inner piece stuck inside an outer piece. They are held together with 4 screw bolts in the corner. I am going to tack the pieces together in a few spots just to strengthen it some and to prevent any vibrations/rattle.

- I run the bakemono scoop so I bought this assuming I'd have to modify the center divider to be slightly taller. However it looks to be just about dead center with the height of my scoop. So I'm going to leave that is which is a plus.

I'll work on it getting it fully installed later this week. The underside of my bakemono scoop needs some fiberglass work and sanding to make it more oem like. So far I'm very happy with this. I think your next projects should be a plug and play abs delete kit, and a plug and play IC sprayer kit

- Charlie

Old 07-11-2017, 07:08 AM   #55
flip998
1.8L

Trader Rating: (1)

Thanks for the 1st impression and pics!
flip998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 08:43 AM   #56
IWire
Premium Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfalcon94 View Post
Mine came yesterday. I haven't fully installed it, but I set it in place to snap some pictures. First impressions:

- Seems like it was built well. Fits right inside the intercooler and the holes for the shroud line up with my hood.

- It makes me realize how close my bov must have been to my hood as the shroud sits right over my turbosmart bov. Hopefully it won't rattle against it, but I'm sure I could modify it somehow if it does.

- The design in an inner piece stuck inside an outer piece. They are held together with 4 screw bolts in the corner. I am going to tack the pieces together in a few spots just to strengthen it some and to prevent any vibrations/rattle.

- I run the bakemono scoop so I bought this assuming I'd have to modify the center divider to be slightly taller. However it looks to be just about dead center with the height of my scoop. So I'm going to leave that is which is a plus.

I'll work on it getting it fully installed later this week. The underside of my bakemono scoop needs some fiberglass work and sanding to make it more oem like. So far I'm very happy with this. I think your next projects should be a plug and play abs delete kit, and a plug and play IC sprayer kit

- Charlie

Thanks for posting this! Glad you like it. In reference to the tacking it together, you'll find that once the splitter is bolted to the hood it pulls everything together. We did a bunch of testing and did not hear any rattling but if you want to tack it and have the capabilities go for it!

We are working on an IC sprayer kit, just need to find some more OEM looking parts. Next two adapters are likely a proper GR TMIC bracket for the passenger's side and a power steering reservoir bracket.
Old 07-12-2017, 09:59 AM   #57
AcquaCow
Ex-Mooderator

Car: 2001 RSTi, 2011 WRX Hatch
Fav Mod: Koni/Gymkhana suspension.
Trader Rating: (11)

I've got mine as well, just have to wait for the new nozzles to show up so that I can port my IC spray over to it.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:23 AM   #58
crazycam31
1.8L

Trader Rating: (0)

Has anyone tried this with an aftermarket intercooler? I have a spearco and would like to get some sort of splitter set up.
crazycam31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:06 AM   #59
IWire
Premium Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcquaCow View Post
I've got mine as well, just have to wait for the new nozzles to show up so that I can port my IC spray over to it.
Excellent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycam31 View Post
Has anyone tried this with an aftermarket intercooler? I have a spearco and would like to get some sort of splitter set up.
We have not but looking for people to give it a shot. The concern is always that the aftermarket ones are bar and plate so they may stick up a little too high. However the metal fins that come down could be trimmed down to match and then install the rubber gasket.

New updated thread can be found here - https://www.rs25.com/forums/f14/t2307...eza-hoods.html
Old 02-08-2018, 12:57 PM   #60
MilesToEmpty
Premium Member

Fav Mod: RSTI

Has anyone confirmed fitment on a v7/8 JDM TMIC? I know the v7 is a bit larger then the v8.