Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community banner

iWire Intercooler Splitters with Water Spray Nozzle Mounting Points

29K views 74 replies 20 participants last post by  Spec R 
#1 · (Edited)
iWire Intercooler Splitters are here!!

ORIGINAL POST

In our pursuit to build parts that bridge the gap between new and old, we are looking at doing an Intercooler Splitter with a Water Spray Nozzle for 98-01 hoods. The splitter will be designed to work with 2.0 WRX intercoolers, 04-07 STi intercoolers, and an option for a block off plate for front mount intercoolers.

Once you swap your GC, it’s critical to make sure the air is forced through the intercooler to maximize its effectiveness which translates to the engine making more power because of the colder air.

The base will be standard and the gaskets (WRX, STi, or block off) interchangeable so if you start with a WRX intercooler and upgrade to an STi or front mount you will only need to purchase one piece instead of the entire splitter which will save you money.

BUY YOURS TODAY!

See less See more
#7 ·
Do you have any that will work with the 08 sti IC? That's what I'm using and it would require the splitter to run the full width...

Thanks!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

#11 ·
Thanks for the fast response you can take my money now. I was looking at your website and saw so many great products I'm glad you are doing so well and thank you for keeping our community going. I also saw the radiator shroud where I ran into the problem of using one that didn't fit properly with a Mishimoto radiator and wrx swap and I wiggled the radiator causing it to get punctured by the head of a bolt. I noticed that it was mention to have been test fitted on the site and should work correct? Sorry for going off topic

#22 ·
Will these have a rubber gasket to go between the splitter and IC? Does the gasket seal to the fin area, or on the area surrounding the fins?

#32 ·
UPDATE as of 4/12/17

The first revision has been test fitted. It's very close but we will do one more revision to ensure the perfect fit for your car. We are going to enlarge the opening at the top for an even more precise fit and adjust a few other small items related to hood fitment. Hopefully the next revision will be close enough we can go into production and get them out to you at the beginning of May as hoped.

For those who are using this for a JDM V7-9 application, the USDM STi fitment is going to be pretty good. The distance from front to back of the intercooler is a touch bigger but not enough to cause any issues.

#33 ·
Are these ready yet??? I payed good money, I'm tired of waiting!!!

Lol, just playing bro, they look awesome, been waiting for something like this to come out for some time. Can't wait to take delivery!!

#34 ·
We're working on it!

We sent out an email update last week, make you sure check your spam box. If you don't find it shoot me an email and I'll send it over.

Cliff notes are it's coming along nicely, but we need to do a 2nd revision before we can put them into production.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.