2.5RS grounding kits - Page 7 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
2.5RS grounding kits

Old 02-05-2006, 07:33 AM   #61
Paranoid Fabrications
Premium Vendor

Car: 08 STI & 71 FJ40 & ruckus
Fav Mod: green wheels
Trader Rating: (95)

hmmm, thats a good question. I am not really sure, if you take a look at my site under subaru grounding kits, do you see an engine that matches yours? http://www.camotoy.com/products/subaru/index.php
If not, could you send me a hi res picture of your engine and i will see what i can do.
Thanks
Shane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2006, 08:36 AM   #62
SubieNOVA
I miss my GC.

Car: '02 Subaru Impreza WRX WRB
Fav Mod: MBC
Trader Rating: (17)

Put my kit on a while back- after busting and replacing a stud on the strut tower I got in on there.... But it was totally worth it! Made a big difference in the way the car feels as the revs climb, especially in first. I def. reccomend this kit.

On another note of some intrest, my head unit used to reamin on and keep playing music for a several seconds after the car was turned off, sometimes even after the keys were out of the ignition. Since I put the wires on it doesn't do this anymore. Anybody else experienced this?
SubieNOVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:42 AM   #63
lagus
shush girlllllll

Trader Rating: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieNOVA
On another note of some intrest, my head unit used to reamin on and keep playing music for a several seconds after the car was turned off, sometimes even after the keys were out of the ignition. Since I put the wires on it doesn't do this anymore. Anybody else experienced this?
ahahah i just installed a wrx changer, and it stays on for like 5 seconds after the key is out of the ignition every time.

just ordered my grounding kit on sat or fri, i'm excited!
lagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 05:21 PM   #64
nerdx

thanks alot man. My motor looks closest to the legacy and the outback.
ill send you and email with a photo attached so you can see what you can do.

thanks.
nerdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:57 PM   #65
lagus
shush girlllllll

did i put them all in the right spot (MY00 rs)? I know jack about engine parts or bolt locations, and some of the pictures didn't look like mine or i couldn't see where the bolt was (throttle body top bolt). Just fyi i haven't tightened down the throttle body top bolt yet.

don't want to turn my car on until i know it's safe.
Attached Thumbnails
2.5RS grounding kits-ground2.jpg   2.5RS grounding kits-ground3.jpg   2.5RS grounding kits-ground4.jpg   2.5RS grounding kits-ground1.jpg  

Old 02-10-2006, 05:00 PM   #66
lagus
shush girlllllll

rest of the pics
Attached Thumbnails
2.5RS grounding kits-ground5.jpg   2.5RS grounding kits-ground6.jpg  
Old 02-10-2006, 05:51 PM   #67
Paranoid Fabrications
Premium Vendor

looks perfect. Mind if i use them on my site?
Thanks
Shane
Old 02-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #68
Paranoid Fabrications
Premium Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubieNOVA

this is the first i have heard of this. your radio should go out right away when you turn your car off, so maybe this is a good thing?
Shane
Old 02-10-2006, 05:53 PM   #69
NW OBS
The Silverback Mod

Fav Mod: Delta 2000 Cams
Trader Rating: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW OBS
Yeah, I had to adjust a bit with my '05 OBS... But just used a couple different bolts in the end. I got the black ~ which seeing the wire core through the casing looks more like 'root beer'. But I liked it, so who cares. I just moved from SB about a year and a half ago. But, I would be willing to shoot the engine bay with your kit on (it's identical to the '05 RS) and the route I took

Cheers!
MP
E-mailed them yesterday. Did you get?. Since I ordered Black it's a bit tough to pick out the routing, but I did close-ups of the bolts I tied into.

I would be willing to re-install and shoot again in a brighter color & better light. Note that I got to only four mounting points using 4 of the wires. The 5th wire was just a tad short to get over to the base of the altenator... or I would have gone there to complete the package. This by the way was using your standard length wires on my '05 OBS.

Last edited by NW OBS; 01-20-2008 at 12:08 PM..
NW OBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:56 PM   #70
Paranoid Fabrications
Premium Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW OBS
E-mailed them yesterday. Did you get?. Since I ordered Black it's a bit tough to pick out the routing, but I did close-ups of the bolts I tied into.

I would be willing to re-install and shoot again in a brighter color & better light. Note that I got to only four mounting points using 4 of the wires. The 5th wire was just a tad short to get over to the base of the altenator... or I would have gone there to complete the package. This by the way was using your standard length wires on my '05 OBS.
yea, i got the pics, and thanks. not sure if you got this or not, but here are the directions for your car. http://www.camotoy.com/products/dire...ck/outback.htm
hopfully that will help.
Thanks
Shane