*Official* Ask a Painter/Bodyman Thread - Page 16 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
*Official* Ask a Painter/Bodyman Thread

Old 03-15-2006, 03:58 AM   #151
theshortbus

Trader Rating: (1)

a question for you...

i have a 1998 RS RBP with a dent in my passenger door, the scoop is peeling, and I will be doing a ver4/5/6 bumper swap next year. should i wait for the bumper before doing the scoop and the dent and the blend the front end and just have the car cleared again with everything fixed. or should i repaint the entire car?

not a show car, but something i can be proud of

eric
theshortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2006, 02:49 PM   #152
evoq007
3.3L

Car: 2000, RS SRP
Trader Rating: (14)

Hey i got a little rust spot about the size of a quarter on my right rear fender area. There is still paint there, but its starting to bubble. How much do u think it would cost to get fixed?

-Scott
Old 03-16-2006, 05:36 PM   #153
biGshizzle79
2.2L Turbo

Car: 00 2.5 RS BRP Sedan
Fav Mod: chop, drop, n channel
Trader Rating: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoq007
Hey i got a little rust spot about the size of a quarter on my right rear fender area. There is still paint there, but its starting to bubble. How much do u think it would cost to get fixed?

-Scott

you'd hafta grind out all the rust, fill the void, prime, and paint the entire quarter and sail panel all the way to the A pillar..

prolly $200 - $700 job, depending on everything..
Old 03-16-2006, 05:38 PM   #154
biGshizzle79
2.2L Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby_snacks
So just to get one thing clear, it's gonna be damn near impossible for me to try and do myself?

Thanks alot for all your help.

if you don't know how to fix fiberglass or do body work or paint, I woildn't recommend trying this as a project..

too many things to screw up, then you'd just end up paring someone to fix it anyway, and waste your time, money and effort in vain...
Old 03-16-2006, 05:40 PM   #155
biGshizzle79
2.2L Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectBluBawls
a question for you...

i have a 1998 RS RBP with a dent in my passenger door, the scoop is peeling, and I will be doing a ver4/5/6 bumper swap next year. should i wait for the bumper before doing the scoop and the dent and the blend the front end and just have the car cleared again with everything fixed. or should i repaint the entire car?

not a show car, but something i can be proud of

eric

yeah, do all the paintwork at once, but there's no need to repaint the entire car..

a decent buff job on the rest of the car when you get the paintwork done should spiff it right up...

have the body shop do the buffing, detail shops don't know paint like a body shop does...
Old 03-18-2006, 04:23 PM   #156
GeneralBenson

Trader Rating: (0)

+1 for detail shops not knowing paint. and they seem to suck at cleaning compound out of jambs and cracks too, and once that hardens, have fun... Whever you get buffed, if there's any 'white stuff' around seams and edges, tell them to clean it immediately.
GeneralBenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:01 PM   #157
subajay
2.2L Turbo

Car: 98rsti RallybluePearl
Fav Mod: stage 2 axis block =-]
Trader Rating: (16)

Hey bigshizzle i painted and it came out pretty goood... =-] pics will come... next thing is my side skirts... bought a rattle can of RBP from a 1 phase or whatever (dont have to clear coat) for 15$ =-] not that shabby huh?!
subajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 05:13 PM   #158
Ben..
Premium Member

Car: 2000, GF4 wagon, BRP
Trader Rating: (9)

Sorry if I'm repeating a question. How much would it cost to get the front and rear bumper re painted, sideskirts, and the rear hatch on a wagon? If you could price these seperately that'd be cool. How much for a little repair and paint for the front bumper with a few scrapes in it, one about 1/8" deep (nothing major)?

Last edited by Ben..; 03-18-2006 at 05:16 PM..
Ben.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 06:38 AM   #159
subajay
2.2L Turbo

Car: 98rsti RallybluePearl
Fav Mod: stage 2 axis block =-]
Trader Rating: (16)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben..
Sorry if I'm repeating a question. How much would it cost to get the front and rear bumper re painted, sideskirts, and the rear hatch on a wagon? If you could price these seperately that'd be cool. How much for a little repair and paint for the front bumper with a few scrapes in it, one about 1/8" deep (nothing major)?

he doesn't do prices!!! do it your self man soo much cool feeling and cheaper in the long run... i'll be posting pics of my bumper that i did soon
subajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:50 AM   #160
kaspur_eh

mr. bigshizzle-

I want to paint the black strips on the sides of my impreza L to match the body. Would you reccomend having it done professionally or should I give it a shot following your tutorial. Having it done professionally shouldnt be terribly expensive, but I'm unsure.