My first subie was a 93 L bone stock with 223,000 on the clock and he included a turboed ej22 with everything to swap into my car for 2500.. I felt pretty screwed when about 2 months down the road it crapped out and had one thing wrong after another.. A few months ago I picked up an 02 RS for 1000.
Traded an s13 shell for my 93 impreza L sedan that i picked up for 300, the impreza needed a motor so i threw a ej22 in her from an legacy that had around 100k on it, picked the motor up for 200 off CL
So ive got a $500 impreza plus a few hours labor to swap the motor.
1. Baby's First Subaru. 1997 Impreza L. brilliant red sedan, 4eat converted to 5mt w/Forester EJ253 and horrible wiring job. paid $2200 or so, dumped another $1800 or so into it, sold it for a loss
2. My first real Subaru daily driver. 1995 Impreza base model, 1.8L FWD 5mt. drive it hard, ran AutoX, but damn was it reliable. paid too much and sold it for not much 4 years later.
3. The purple beast! 1993 L 5mt FWD, AWD conversion, v3 STi swap. paid $800 originally, probably $7000 into the drivetrain and mods, drove it into a ditch 2 years later and sold it to a friend for $5200
4. 1996 Impreza L 4eat AWD. took it on a road trip for 2500 miles, did great. flipped. paid mayeb $1600 and sold for maybe $2800
5. 1993 Impreza L 5mt awd aegean blue. cost me $100 and 1 new axles. Drove it all over for the winter. flipped for maybe $1400
6. The Green Machine. 1998 Legacy L 5mt AWD. paid $650. lots of mods. sold late 2012 with 328k miles for $3400
7. 1992 SVX, 5mt conversion, dead clutch and lots of broken stuff. paid maybe $800, fixed it up and sold it for maybe $2800
8. 1992 SVX, $350. Tore out the EG33 for a friends project. scrapped the rest.
9. 1996 Legacy L, $300 and a bad coilpack. fixed and flipped for $1800 or so.
10. 1999 Forester S. had an EJ22 swapped in but the wrong crank/cam gears and wrong ECU. fixed and flipped.
11. 1999 Forester L. detailed and flipped. 12. 1995 Legacy LSi sedan. stripped and getting a swap someday soon.
13. 1996 Impreza L 5mt awd. bought from my ex gf after she rear-ended someone and totaled it. took the wheels (05 wrx) and sold it.
14. 1997 Legacy 2.5GT. bought it to flip but sold to my roommate, he slid into a freeway wall with it 3 days later. there is an infamous thread about this car.
15. 1991 Legacy Turbo sedan 4eat. paid maybe $1200 fixed and flipped for $1800
16. 1994 Legacy Turbo wagon 4eat. paid maybe $700, fixed and flipped for $1100 17. 1999 Legacy 2.5GT sedan. totaled, no engine/trans. bought for parts for #12.
18. 1998 Impreza OBS 5mt. 104k miles, bought from original owner for $1800, detailed and flipped the next day for $2800
19. 1998 Forester L 4eat. fixed and flipped 20. 2004 Impreza WRX wagon. has rod knock, needs a new engine
21. 96 Impreza wagon. red, 5spd, awd. Kid slid into a ditch and bent some stuff. Fixed and sold.
22. 00 RS sedan automatic. blown engine. took a few parts off and sold to a friend.
23. 98 Impreza OBS black/grey. smelled terrible. turns out it was flooded or just severely neglected. had to strip and clean the inside. sold it for a loss. most disgusting car ive ever been close to.
24. 01 Legacy wagon. found it for a friend at the time. cleaned up nicely, she's still driving it. paid $2200 25. 03 Legacy GT wagon. current DD and money pit. paid. $6200
Last edited by elislider; 01-10-2013 at 04:43 PM..