Hesitation? Look Here First!: - Page 5 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Hesitation? Look Here First!:

Old 06-01-2010, 07:51 PM   #41
cludseph
1.8L

Car: 2001 Impreza RS
Fav Mod: N/A
Trader Rating: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerdommer View Post
So I had a hesitation only when I would accelerate hard between 3-4k RPM then after 4k it would break free and I would get power again. So I thought it could be the cat being clogged. I have no CEL. So I put my new exhaust on, Borla replica header, 2.5" N1 catback with resonator. I also proceeded with my stock cat pipe. So that night I was cruising around, getting on it a little bit still having my hesitation. Then next time I got on it, I had no hesitation! It remained like this for a good 3-4 days. And now just out of the blue I have the same hesitation. I am thinking I have a clogged cat maybe? When I increased the diameter, more air was allowed out the exhuast moving around the broken pieces in the cat and now they have setteled back down and clogged it again?
Any help with this? Only other thought is maybe a TPS or dirty MAF?
I'm having the same type of problem, except it happens whenever I use more than about 25% throttle and it'll hesitate between 2500 and 4000 rpms. after 4000, all power comes back. my car has an ej20 block with ej22t heads, stock baja turbo, stock wrx downpipe, stock wrx tmic, 4.5 psi boost, ej18 ecu, ej18 220cc injectors, walboro 255 hp fuel pump, and intake. I can't seem to find a single solution to this problem and a couple mechanics I've talked to online, haven't said anything back.
cludseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2010, 12:29 PM   #42
Yeti303R
1.8L

Car: 01 2.5RS, BONE STOCK
Fav Mod: sway bars!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GC8 View Post
i have a really bad hesitation

car: 1999 impreza 2.5rs 2 door 5 speed

mods: ebay shi, cobb double adjustable short shifter, no muffler

symptoms: really bad hesitation throughout the power band at 5000 rpm its like it hits the rev limiter and will not rev any higher. i am way down on power, and this might be irrelevant but i have white smoke out the exhaust, but i just had my head gaskets replaced. i took it to a master tech at the subie dealer and after 2 days he found nothing, so i took it to mac and the recommended plugs and wires so i did that and 44K and nothing has changed.

little help.
EXACTLY my issue. Like a hit a freakin rev limiter at 5k.. Did you ever figure out what your issue is?

I'll elaborate a bit more - From a stop, if I go straight to WOT it will bog then rev up. seems like it has ok power from 1 to 3500 to 4k then after that, revvs SLOW and at 5K under load (fwy, WOT) feels like a rev limiter, will sometimes go above then it hits the phantom 'limiter' again.

Just changed the front o2, im going to try the rear and the normal tune ups. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by Yeti303R; 06-15-2010 at 12:54 PM.. Reason: More info.
Yeti303R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #43
99GC8
serenity now

Fav Mod: suspension
Trader Rating: (11)

what do you have done to your car for engine performance, if anything.
Old 06-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #44
Yeti303R
1.8L

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GC8 View Post
what do you have done to your car for engine performance, if anything.
Just added some more info to my post - but other than that, the motor is 100% stock. Stock intake, Stock exhaust, 4EAT trans (that interestingly enough makes a buzzing noise when the gas pedal is depressed).

I also want to try changing the TPS so see if that may be a part of the problem...
Old 06-15-2010, 03:01 PM   #45
jaydnisevil
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Boostcontroller+Downpipe

Could be a number of things (maf, map, crank angle, coolant temp etc) take it to a dealership and have them look at it. Because its stock you can rule out poor tuning like most of us suffered from on here.
Old 06-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #46
Yeti303R
1.8L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti303R View Post
Just added some more info to my post - but other than that, the motor is 100% stock. Stock intake, Stock exhaust, 4EAT trans (that interestingly enough makes a buzzing noise when the gas pedal is depressed).

I also want to try changing the TPS so see if that may be a part of the problem...
Changed the secondary o2 that threw a code. No help. Hesitation at idle is still there, low power in top end VERY MUCH still there.

jdnisevil - thats really a last resort for me. Im here on rs25 because id rather fix the issues myself, then roll over for a dealer. Im sure thats what the majority of other people here would do as well. Im looking for other people that have had a similar issue and what they have done to resolve it. Thanks.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:37 AM   #47
06subbie
1.8L

Car: 2006 Impreza 2.5i

Since i don't see any 06-07 2.5i guys with this problem... i have a slight hesitation/jerk @ 1800ish RPM under partial throttle. It's happens randomly, day or night, but mostly in the cooler night air. The car is completely stock, no CEL and only 29k miles. It happens no matter what gear i'm in.

Anybody with a similar experience? What did you do?
06subbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 08:53 AM   #48
subie91
1.8L

i have a 00 impreza 2.2 and every time i pull out it boggs until it reaches 2500 rpm then it takes off. i replaced fuel filter and put seafoam and fuel injector cleaner in it. none of the sensors are throwing codes. the only codes that comes on is the catalyst diffeciency code. any suggestions what it could be? thanks cody
subie91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:53 PM   #49
soundsofsnow
2.2L

Car: HAD*99,obs,aspen white.
Fav Mod: Brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by subie91 View Post
i have a 00 impreza 2.2 and every time i pull out it boggs until it reaches 2500 rpm then it takes off. i replaced fuel filter and put seafoam and fuel injector cleaner in it. none of the sensors are throwing codes. the only codes that comes on is the catalyst diffeciency code. any suggestions what it could be? thanks cody
Bump on this.

I have a 99' obs with a phase one 2.2 (maf) that out of nowhere started doing this. Its only under full throttle that is bogs down til 2500 rpm then it takes off like normal.

**UPDATE**
The problem is growing worse with lag/hestitation throughtout the power band. The car is gutless now.

-It sounds fine (no knocks or pings)
-Idles great(unless cold, then it almost dies.)
-Runs rich. I'm going through fuel quick.
-no torque at all.
*note i have a failing cv front axle*

So rich and falling on its face non stop. Idles so-so. Sounds fine(no pings or ticks). THOUGHTS?

Last edited by soundsofsnow; 10-12-2010 at 08:27 AM..
soundsofsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 06:33 PM   #50
Rallypro7
1.8L

Car: 01' Impreza 2.5RS Red
Fav Mod: Weight Reduction
Trader Rating: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti303R View Post
EXACTLY my issue. Like a hit a freakin rev limiter at 5k.. Did you ever figure out what your issue is?

I'll elaborate a bit more - From a stop, if I go straight to WOT it will bog then rev up. seems like it has ok power from 1 to 3500 to 4k then after that, revvs SLOW and at 5K under load (fwy, WOT) feels like a rev limiter, will sometimes go above then it hits the phantom 'limiter' again.

Just changed the front o2, im going to try the rear and the normal tune ups. Any other suggestions?
Im having the same issue as well! im extremley frustrated at this point. My car is throwing the following CEL's P0500 and 1540. both are vehicle speed sensor codes.

02 sensor were replaced recently. Ive got 01' RS with CAI, Exhaust, lightnened crank pulley. I had those mods for years and it ran great! then i just recently had to pull the wiring harness out for a cage build. when i put the harness back in and took it for a drive it started doing the hesitation problem. once i reach 4500 RPM it bogs just like a rev limiter. not sure what to do or where to start for this but im gonna reground the engine bay and see if that helps.

anyother suggestion?