Hesitation? Look Here First!: - Page 4 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Hesitation? Look Here First!:

Old 03-30-2010, 05:49 AM   #31
almostask8er5
1.8L

Car: 1998 Subaru Impreza L Swagon
Fav Mod: 06 wrx sakamoto exhaust
Trader Rating: (0)

i ment the one on the rear cat. the one closest to the back of the car.

i didnt know the one closest to the engine affected the air/ fuel ratio ill have to change it too. i changed the other o2 sensor because it was throwing up a CEL.

if that doesnt work, do you have any other suggestions?
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 06:40 AM   #32
89zxTO2.5rs
2.7L

Car: 2001 obp RS
Fav Mod: upgrading from a Z
Trader Rating: (6)

You got the basics. Our cars hate bosch, so steer clear. Make sure the spark plugs were gapped properly and check all your grounds to make sure nothings corroded. Also, watch out for aftermarket alarms and remote starters. My third coilpack this year just got shorted out because apparently, the previous owner did a crap job of an install.
89zxTO2.5rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 09:42 PM   #33
almostask8er5
1.8L

Im running NGK plugs and now both o2 sensors are changed and the hesitation is still there. any other ideas? Ill check all the grounds but do you know where all the grounds are usually located so i don't miss any. i dont think its a vacuum line because its been there since i got it and its still there after i added my short ram air intake so i don't know i don't have any CEL's i mean i had one about 2 months ago and it was a knock sensor so i changed that and reset the ecu but that wasn't it either.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:46 PM   #34
jaydnisevil
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Boostcontroller+Downpipe

Mate try going back to your standard exhaust and intake..I did just before getting rid of my car and the 3-4000rpm time dropped from 4 seconds to 3.
Get your car tuned or go back to standard, the hesitation will disapear!
Old 04-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #35
almostask8er5
1.8L

the hesitation was here when i bought it and it was totally stock. stock intake exhaust and everything. i thought at first that might be it but then i remembered the day i bought it i was pulling out of a road and floored it and the gauges started dimming and the car was bogging and sounded like it was gonna stall out and was inching forward. i let out the gas pedal and it stopped freaking out and started moving forward and finally acted normally.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:50 PM   #36
97L98GT
2.2L

Fav Mod: RS facelift
Trader Rating: (5)

i'm having these problems, see my thread here:
bucking/misfiring dilemma

I did change my exhaust.. I used the midpipe from a 98 RS (seemingly the same exact thing as mine) and a WRX axle-back (muffler was the sameish size.. just twin tipped instead of the peashooter). Would this be enough to mess with my ECU?
Old 05-10-2010, 06:22 PM   #37
jdm[steve]
2.2L

Car: 2004 Rx8 6spd
Fav Mod: I/H/E

i've encountered some throttle hesitation and bogging recently. i believe it has something to do with the track pipe i just installed, and the oxygen sensors.

could it possibly be because the wire for the rear o2 sensor is twisted up too much, causing the wire to pinch, just as a water hose would? idk might sound stupid but im just trying to brainstorm.

any help is much appreciated.

EDIT****-my engine never hesitated before the install.
jdm[steve] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #38
soccerdommer
3.3L

Trader Rating: (5)

So I had a hesitation only when I would accelerate hard between 3-4k RPM then after 4k it would break free and I would get power again. So I thought it could be the cat being clogged. I have no CEL. So I put my new exhaust on, Borla replica header, 2.5" N1 catback with resonator. I also proceeded with my stock cat pipe. So that night I was cruising around, getting on it a little bit still having my hesitation. Then next time I got on it, I had no hesitation! It remained like this for a good 3-4 days. And now just out of the blue I have the same hesitation. I am thinking I have a clogged cat maybe? When I increased the diameter, more air was allowed out the exhuast moving around the broken pieces in the cat and now they have setteled back down and clogged it again?
Any help with this? Only other thought is maybe a TPS or dirty MAF?
soccerdommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:27 AM   #39
aussie_in_mo
2.2L

Trader Rating: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydnisevil View Post
Before I even described the problems, he told me the problem with our engine and mods..
He said when our cars get exhaust and or intakes, the fuel maps cant keep up..
This causes the hesitation we find at launch and between 3-4k..
Anyone have any input on as to whether this is tied to the Australian ECU or if it extends to the US ECU also?
aussie_in_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 08:30 AM   #40
mr_subaru_rs
2.0L Turbo

Fav Mod: Deutschland!
Trader Rating: (6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_in_mo View Post
Anyone have any input on as to whether this is tied to the Australian ECU or if it extends to the US ECU also?
that definitely does make sence somewhat...why only at 3-4K RPM? is that suppose to be the max torque output. The only reason i doubt this is how many people have done an intake and exhaust modifications to their cars? Hundreds and hundreds. Even on this forum maybe 10% of users report issues like this after modifications. Something of that percentage is more explained through wear and take or weakened sensors, spark plugs, ignition wires, MAF/MAP sensors, O2 sensors.

i remember when my plugs and wires were toast, infact 2 plugs were broken and another 1 just didnt work, the wires were nearly shredded from use, the end result is it hesitated and shook after 3000-4000RPM. Did the maitinence and all worked like a charm (Even better they were BOSCH wires hahaha). Best bet is make sure all the basic parts are tip top, make sure the ECU is fully reset/refreshed for any new parts. Plus im sure the makers of these I/H/E components designed their products to work with the stock ECU, or so i would hope. Maybe i am lucky that i have a MAF intake system and that the engine can get a better measurement of air flow.

I have a COBB intake and couldnt be happier with the extra little spirit that the car has now. Ill be doing headers, HF cat, and a CBE in about two weeks so ill report on how the car behaves with the new parts. To my understanding all my maitinence items are in good shape and shouldnt be a factor. I should note that i have a ProECM piggyback chip, which is a preset chip that is hardwired into my harness and cannot to altered in anyway. If everything bodes well if could explain why everything is running smoothly where other users see different results.
mr_subaru_rs is offline   Reply With Quote