99 rs passenger window not going up - Page 2 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
99 rs passenger window not going up

Old 07-13-2019, 06:07 AM   #11
Vinnyevil1
1.8L

Car: 1999 subaru rs ej25 hybrid
Trader Rating: (0)

Ok so I'm going to step by step my answers here. I checked continuity by placing the probes of the meter into the green clip. at the green clip there is ground so the meter reads continuity and The signal is audible. Without touching the switch if I place one of the terminals into the green connector and the other to ground it gives me a sound if I take that terminal out of the green connector and place it into the other side of the green connector and put that to chassis ground then I get a sound as well.now if I hold the switch open or closed with either wire of the green connector and the probes to ground I get continuity sound for both wires. Again that's up or down on the switch. There seems to always be ground up or down and also in the neutral position. If I place both probes Into the green connector on the window down switch it stops continuity and no sound is heard. On the upswitch continuity continues.
Vinnyevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2019, 06:18 AM   #12
Vinnyevil1
1.8L

Car: 1999 subaru rs ej25 hybrid

Again i have to add the passenger window does not work at all from the driver side. It only works down from the passenger side and only down. It worked when it wanted to until about 2 weeks ago then it died but never worked from the driver side since I bought the car a month ago
Vinnyevil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:40 PM   #13
lavere
1.8L

You seem to prefer using a continuity tester to troubleshoot this circuit. I must caution you against it. It will give you misleading information. The procedure that I outlined was for a voltmeter. You're trying to find a loss of power and measuring the circuit voltages is the logical way to proceed. If you follow the steps I gave you, you'll be one step closer to the answer.
lavere is offline   Reply With Quote