Brydon Teaches YOU to Merge a Harness - Page 8 - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > >
Brydon Teaches YOU to Merge a Harness

Old 10-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #71
Brydon
2.5L RS-T

Fav Mod: IHRTLAG -- License Plate
Trader Rating: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWire View Post
You are doing it correct. The 02-03s have a different connector than the 04-05s, but they do the exact same thing. You just run the 2 wires direct to the OBD2 so that only the green connectors need to be plugged in to flash.
Perfect thanks. I've reflashed both my cars many times with no issues but I only use open source. I've personally never used the Access Port on anything.
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2010, 12:35 PM   #72
johnms88
2.0L

Trader Rating: (0)

Im to the point where everything is labeled and ready for merging. Can anyone give me some detail as to how the wiring is done for keeping the WRX transmission? It says to merge the wire for the nutral switch (that wire goes to a plug on the wrx trans for the nss). Do you still merge that and change a plug orrr... Kinda lost.
johnms88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:22 PM   #73
UnderpoweredRS
aka RFoy2.5RS-T

Car: 98 RS
Fav Mod: EJ205
Trader Rating: (22)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnms88 View Post
Im to the point where everything is labeled and ready for merging. Can anyone give me some detail as to how the wiring is done for keeping the WRX transmission? It says to merge the wire for the nutral switch (that wire goes to a plug on the wrx trans for the nss). Do you still merge that and change a plug orrr... Kinda lost.
Take the same approach this guide took for the engine and it should net you the same result. Trace the WRX trans plugs into the wrx harness do the same with the rs trans plugs in the rs harness cut and splice the wrx trans wires to the rs harness. Just make sure you pick a spot that's A) a straight run of the harness that doesn't get bunt too much. and B) you will be able to get to in 5 years without taking the much of the car apart just in case issues do come up. How ever if you do a nice job and do it correctly like he shows you will have no issues. My car was wired with this type of mentality and I've had no issues for 6 years.

That being said I just took the time and looked this guide over. I have to say it's the best way to approach the merg and the best guide I've ever seen. Great Job!
Old 12-10-2010, 03:46 AM   #74
xecuta
2.0L

Fav Mod: 6spd DCCD and Brembos

wow thanks for this, i only wish i read this thread 2 months ago when i started it on my car... its still not going and i totally stripped the whole loom out and replaced it with a full ver8 sti loom, and doing the the whole GDB interior mod at the same time...
here are some pics i hope im not hijacking you thread...

this is what it used to look like:

in between... looks like rat nest...

yesterday:
xecuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:34 PM   #75
fastfalcon94
2.7L

Trader Rating: (15)

Does anyone here know how the fuel level sensor works? I swapped an 06 engine into my 98. I wired the fuel level wire (brown with white stripe) correctly. My fuel gauge doesn't work. The needle doesn't budge, it's about 1/8" below the empty line. B135 pin 10 on the 06 wrx ecu. I just checked continuity from the ecu plug to the back of the cluster. I also checked continuity to a plug underneath the rear seat. Then it feeds under the car and runs up to where the fuel pump 6 pin plug is, however it doesn't appear to go to this connector. It runs over to towards the driver's side of the car. I poked the wire here and tested continuity to the plug under the seat.

The only strange thing I did, was I used the 06 wrx fuel pump assembly. I had to take the little plastic box off the bottom of it, but the rest dropped right in. It has the metal wire arm with blackbox. I always thought this was the sensor... But if the brown/white wire doesn't connect to one of the 6 pins going into the fuel pump, I don't see how it works. I've yet to jack my car up and follow the wire...
Old 01-07-2011, 09:13 AM   #76
URAL
2.2L Turbo

Car: 94L
Fav Mod: <3 All Mods =]
Trader Rating: (10)

Brydon, I hope someday Ill meet you in person and shake your hand!

Wanna do some EG33 - L merge?

JK

Ill do it myself and try to record most.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:06 PM   #77
Brydon
2.5L RS-T

Fav Mod: IHRTLAG -- License Plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by URAL View Post
Brydon, I hope someday Ill meet you in person and shake your hand!

Wanna do some EG33 - L merge?

JK

Ill do it myself and try to record most.
Drive to WCSS (West Coast Subaru Show) this year and we can have a drink and you can drive the L.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #78
Zephyr
Wiring Guru

Car: 01 RS, 97 Ducati
Fav Mod: V7 STi Spec C Driveline

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastfalcon94 View Post
Does anyone here know how the fuel level sensor works? I swapped an 06 engine into my 98. I wired the fuel level wire (brown with white stripe) correctly. My fuel gauge doesn't work. The needle doesn't budge, it's about 1/8" below the empty line. B135 pin 10 on the 06 wrx ecu. I just checked continuity from the ecu plug to the back of the cluster. I also checked continuity to a plug underneath the rear seat. Then it feeds under the car and runs up to where the fuel pump 6 pin plug is, however it doesn't appear to go to this connector. It runs over to towards the driver's side of the car. I poked the wire here and tested continuity to the plug under the seat.

The only strange thing I did, was I used the 06 wrx fuel pump assembly. I had to take the little plastic box off the bottom of it, but the rest dropped right in. It has the metal wire arm with blackbox. I always thought this was the sensor... But if the brown/white wire doesn't connect to one of the 6 pins going into the fuel pump, I don't see how it works. I've yet to jack my car up and follow the wire...
The fuel pump assembly is different between the GC and the GD. The fuel level and temp sensors on the GC share the same pin for their ground. On the GD they are two individual circuits.

Z

Last edited by Zephyr; 01-12-2011 at 12:52 PM..
Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:07 PM   #79
Pronto
1.8L

Car: 2006 Evo MR SE

Haha wish I could pay you to do the wiring for my ej257/dash swap into my 01rs.
Pronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #80
Dori Ninja
2.7L

has anyone done this with out pulling the RS hanress from the car??? i was thinking of just pullin the seat out plopin on the floor and goin to work with out pullin the dash and whole harness out...how much more of a pita will it be doin it like that???