Post here if you're Aus (So we all know who is Aussie) - Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com

Private Support i-Trader Ratings Become a Vendor Rules for VendorsModsUsers Contact
Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com
gc8 RSS GC8 Facebook Subaru GC8 Twitter Subaru YouTube Channel Subaru Sticker

Login below or Register Now
Register Mark Forums Read FAQ Advertise
Go Back   Subaru Impreza GC8 & RS Forum & Community: RS25.com > > >
Post here if you're Aus (So we all know who is Aussie)

Old 04-15-2005, 03:33 AM   #1
clutrz
2.5L

Car: '05 Impreza RS, Crystal Grey w
Fav Mod: rear sway bar
Trader Rating: (0)
Default Post here if you're Aus (So we all know who is Aussie)

Well, I'm a man of my word, and promised that if an Aussie section was set up that i'd become a member, so here it is and a premium member I now am.

Please everyone from Australia only post in this thread where in Aus you're from, what year RS you drive and what mods (if any) you have. That way we can keep it as a reference and hopefully make it sticky for future use.

I'll start, I'm from Melbournes West. Have a MY05 Crystal grey with full factory bodykit and momo sports shifter, motorone (ming) window tint (I plug them cause they did a great job) and a Pioneer DEH7650 head unit.
future mods other than the rest of the sound system are unknown as yet as the car still smells new.
clutrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2005, 04:24 AM   #2
Feik
2.2L

Car: 2003 MY03 Impreza RS

ok then...

Im from Mt Dandenong way ^__^
I have a Reddish Blue (Dark Blue) RS MY03, still completely stock, not even window tinting, or factory upgrades... well other than mats & light covers. On the virge of buying a Grounding kit for her 30,000K birthday ... And am planning on a set of sway bars later in the year..

BTW http://luckyneko.homeip.net/~feik/subidu/Subi03.jpg
Thats her next to my old Commodore.

Last edited by Feik; 04-15-2005 at 04:28 AM..
Feik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 08:26 AM   #3
Boogie_man
1.8L

Car: awaiting delivery

I'm from Brizzy, and I don't drive a RS. But am expecting delivery of a brand spanking RS on Tuesday next week!! I had the dealer put an exhaust, mags and tint on it.
On Tuesday night I am installing new head deck.
Funny thing is I have never even driven one. So it better be bloody good! What mods should i make next??
Old 04-15-2005, 08:00 PM   #4
RuSso
1.8L

Car: 2005 Subaru Impreza RS, Crystal Gray

Hi

I'm from Newcastle, I drive an MY05 Impreza RS, Crystal Grey. I don't have the body kit, but I have the default side skirts and also some rear mud spats that look a little like a continuation of the body kit. I changed the head unit to a Clarion ADB341MP (double din unit so it fills the gap as well), had the speakers changed front and rear and tweeters added, and waiting for a gear knob and pedals to be delivered. Oh, and not really a mod, but I got number plates of RNR525 (which I think are pretty cool).

I'm not real confident when it comes to pulling "The Prez" (my car's name, my mates and I all name our cars) apart, so I had someone else do the radio and speakers, and they said that the speakers in the MY05 Impreza are amongst the worst they had seen put in a Subaru, so if anyone does anything with sound you should perhaps keep that in mind.

Mods for the future? Who knows... right now I am considering have the skirts painted to body colour (Subaru told me that it could be done) and also considering window tinting. Clutrz, did you get your Ming tinting done when you ordered the car, because I was looking at the Ming tinting because they seem to have a good reputation, so if they are good I'll probably look for somewhere around town where they use Ming tint.

Sorry for the essay everyone...
RuSso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 03:26 AM   #5
KRIS
2.2L

Car: 05 wrx
Fav Mod: hyperflow cai

hi
kris from melbourne havent got a RS yet but not to far now
KRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 07:32 AM   #6
clutrz
2.5L

Car: '05 Impreza RS, Crystal Grey w
Fav Mod: rear sway bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuSso
Hi

I'm from Newcastle, I drive an MY05 Impreza RS, Crystal Grey. I don't have the body kit, but I have the default side skirts and also some rear mud spats that look a little like a continuation of the body kit. I changed the head unit to a Clarion ADB341MP (double din unit so it fills the gap as well), had the speakers changed front and rear and tweeters added, and waiting for a gear knob and pedals to be delivered. Oh, and not really a mod, but I got number plates of RNR525 (which I think are pretty cool).

I'm not real confident when it comes to pulling "The Prez" (my car's name, my mates and I all name our cars) apart, so I had someone else do the radio and speakers, and they said that the speakers in the MY05 Impreza are amongst the worst they had seen put in a Subaru, so if anyone does anything with sound you should perhaps keep that in mind.

Mods for the future? Who knows... right now I am considering have the skirts painted to body colour (Subaru told me that it could be done) and also considering window tinting. Clutrz, did you get your Ming tinting done when you ordered the car, because I was looking at the Ming tinting because they seem to have a good reputation, so if they are good I'll probably look for somewhere around town where they use Ming tint.

Sorry for the essay everyone...

I got my tinting done after I picked the car up (i wanted it darker than legal) and Subaru charge the earth for it anyway ($350 i think).

I ended up getting it done for $180 and they did an awesome job.
clutrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 07:51 AM   #7
BlueLabel
1.8L

Hi
iam from south east suburbs, (Clayotn) i dont drive a RS yet, but sooooon, i mean very soon yall see a Black RS on princess HWY.
BlueLabel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 12:29 AM   #8
RuSso
1.8L

Car: 2005 Subaru Impreza RS, Crystal Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutrz
I got my tinting done after I picked the car up (i wanted it darker than legal) and Subaru charge the earth for it anyway ($350 i think).

I ended up getting it done for $180 and they did an awesome job.
Thanks clutrz! I'll start having a look round town
RuSso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 07:54 AM   #9
pungbish
1.8L

Car: MY05 RS, Black

Hi all
Im from south sydney (Menai) and have an MY05 RS in black obsydian pearl. From delivery got the full bodykit, gear knob, tint, and put in an Alpine CDA 9835 headunit. Future mods are unknown atm...

pb.
pungbish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 05:35 PM   #10
AussieRS
2.0L

Hello fellow Aussies. I'm in Perth and have had my RS for 2 years and absolutely love it.

I have a MY03 RS and with Borla headers, an axle back custom exhaust, Josh's lightened crank pulley, lovell springs and whiteline rear sway bar.

Can those of you with body kits post some pics?
AussieRS is offline   Reply With Quote